It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama - "continent of his birth" quote

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Thank God there are still some people who care about the Constitution:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Thank God there are still some people who care about the Constitution:

And this lady ain't one of them.

I swear the blond has eaten whatever was left of her brain after Chernobyl.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
And this lady ain't one of them.

Why? What did she say that was wrong? I notice you did not post anything to refute her.

Or is it you just don't like people who disagree with you.

I swear the blond has eaten whatever was left of her brain after Chernobyl.

Typical liberal strategy. Criticize and demean your opponent as to try and deflect from your lame point.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Already given you plenty of really acceptable things to work with, but instead I am called lame, and apparently I have reading comprehension problems.

Ever listen in on the confirmation hearings that are done from time to time? They did this to Obama too. They just aren't televised (probably national security reasons)

Why do you think that congress confirms the president?

It's in the constitution, if you bother to read it you would see I am telling you the truth. I have posted plenty of links to it. Perhaps you can go through the tit for tat bull and utter nonsense in these threads and look it up for yourself.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I am sorry to inform you WhatTheory, that because you cannot debate this in a civilized manner, and insist on using Ad Hominem Attacks for anyone who disagrees with you. I have no other choice but to put you on Ignore.

Be proud though WhatTheory, it's a very exclusive club, my Ignore box. It only includes You.

As far as this issue goes. Congress has the only means of sorting it out at this point, if the ones that believe in this theory have any evidence to prove that Obama was not born in this country they should direct that evidence to Congress.

Other than that, you can debate this and that forever, but the fact does remain that as the voting public does not vote for the president, they don't have any standing to bring forth suit against him.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
** ATTENTION **

knock it off.

Get on topic and post in a civil manner towards one another.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

I am sorry to inform you WhatTheory

Why would I be sorry?

that because you cannot debate this in a civilized manner, and insist on using Ad Hominem Attacks for anyone who disagrees with you.

Hello kettle.

I am only following your example.

I have no other choice but to put you on Ignore.

Oh thank god. I don't have to put up with your nonsense & dribble anymore.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

It's funny how thy don't trust black people, unless they think it can help them distrust other black people, huh?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
It's funny how thy don't trust black people, unless they think it can help them distrust other black people, huh?

Why are you bringing race into the argument?

This issue has absolutely nothing to do with race. And you bringing it up only shows how shallow your thinking is.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
WhatTheory, was that lady in the video your shred of testimony that there are people out there who believe Obama's not an American...?

Hell, I could find a thousand other birthers who are smarter then her!

I don't even know what she was rambling on about with Connecticut. As for not being born in Hawaii, she just went off track from there.

Honestly, what a choice to use to spearhead the "birther" campaign...

[edit on 22/7/09 by Mak Manto]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Well I would hope that isn't the issue, I am sure for some that have jumped on board this conspiracy it is. But the truth to the OP article is plain to see, it was a typo, a missed word. So as far as this part of the theory it's pretty much dead in the water.

When officials tell us that Obama's birth certificate is on record in Hawaii. And the simple fact of the matter is that Obama doesn't have to release his long form to everyone in the nation. It makes it hard to swallow a theory that states otherwise. Especially when there is no real evidence to back it up.

What I wonder is, why don't the people that believe this theory present their "evidence" to Congress? Why doesn't the Dentist/Lawyer testify before Congress about the supposed "evidence" she has? We have seen time and time again the courts throw out lawsuits on this matter for lack of standing. So why is it that this Dentist/Lawyer keeps barking up the wrong tree?

If Obama truly is ineligible for the job as people claim, than why don't they present the evidence to Congress in order for Impeachment proceedings to begin?

After all as I have conclusively shown. Congress not the SCOTUS has standing to remove Obama if he is in fact ineligible for the job of POTUS.

Of course the fact that the Democratic National Committee vetted Obama during the campaign. Making damn sure that there wasn't anything out there that would be damaging. Well besides his 60's radical buddy, or his unpatriotic pastor. You know, anything damning. I am sure that the other Democratic candidates would have fed Obama to the wolves if they knew he was not eligible for the job. Hillary certainly would have.

Besides that, we have McCain, now latter in the Campaign, McCain would have had a slam dunk of an election had he brought forth this issue to the forefront and therefore saved his own neck.

The issue did come up during the campaign, and McCain and Obama both had to prove they were eligible for the job. Which both did to the satisfaction of each other.

So between all the enemies that Obama had during the campaign, all the scrutiny and all the hype of the election. How is it possible that people just can't seem to understand that Obama is the president of the United States and is going to be for the next 3.5 years?

I just don't see how people can propagate false articles, (many of which were either retracted because they were outright lies, or had to be altered because they were inaccurate.) Flawed testimony from his grandmother in Kenya that was latter proven to be falsely translated. More lies, more misquotes, more things taken out of context than the bible. And people still follow this horse manure as if it were gold.

Now why isn't Obama putting this issue to bed by releasing his long form birth certificate?

1) No one caught up in this conspiracy would buy it anyway so there is no point.

2) It's politically better to have some enemies chasing a ghost than to be scrutinizing what this man is really doing to the country.

3) Thanks to the protection offered by the 4th Amendment, he doesn't have to. (Yay Constitution of the United States)

But instead, people like me have to continue to battle in these threads (cause I'm bored) and try and use reason, logic, the law, and common sense to put this issue down like the lame dog it is.

But him being Black? Well I hope that people aren't doing this for that reason. Cause if they are, they should be ashamed of themselves. It's the 21st century now, we as a people should be well beyond the race issue.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto
Hell, I could find a thousand other birthers who are smarter then her!

Yet you did not refute anything she said.

Plus you mentioned you could not understand the point, so that does not make you look very good.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Oh, bull. Don't give me that crap. "Gasp! Race! Why, I never thought of race! You sir are unconscionable and shallow!"

I'm also right.

Look, WhatTheory, The plain and simple fact is, Barack Hussein Obama is a natural-born American, because his mother is. Legally, he could have been born in the Soviet Republic of Tuva and be throat-singing his way through the white house right now, but so long as his mother is Stanley Anne Dunham, US Citizen, he too is a natural born American citizen.

This is in fact intentional. Americans travel. If your wife drops your kid while you're on vacation in Morocco, does that make your kid a Moroccan? of course not, he's an American, just as natural-born as you and your wife. or even just you. or just her. There only needs to be ONE American parent for it to count.

I have absolutely no doubts you would be quick to acknowledge your own child as an American. I'm certain you have no questions about John McCain's American status. You instead focus on Barack Obama.

Why? Why do you not only ignore obvious facts about the way US citizenship acts, but ONLY apply it to this one guy?

There are two clear reasons - Race and politics.

Politics is simple. There is not a single birther - not one, no matter how many there are, not ONE of them is saying "well, I like his policies and so far he's done pretty good, but unfortunately I think he doesn't qualify" - No, its exclusive territory for the right. You'd hate the guy no matter what and look for any reason to try to discredit him.

But. Nobody ever actually insisted John Kerry actually was French. Michael Dukakais' name was never turned into a Republican campaign issue. However, here you are, insisting that Mr. Obama was born in Africa (again, ignoring the fact that even if he were, it doesn't help you at all), and the RNC used his name as a campaign issue, most definitely.

This would indicate something a little above and beyond "politics as usual," because other Democrats don't have to put up with that crap, even those who did aim for the presidency.

Perhaps you just don't notice. I know that for a lot of Americans, it's not racist until someone's burning a cross.

As for the article in question... You're incapable of believing Barack Obama, his parents, the entire state of Hawai'i, independent researchers, and US immigration and citizenship law, but you'll point to a random guy in Ghana who misspoke as concrete proof of your theory?

Racist, political, whatever... that's just dumber than hell. If you want to settle for "stupid as a bag of hair", I guess that's up to you.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

And the simple fact of the matter is that Obama doesn't have to release his long form to everyone in the nation.

It's actually even simpler than that.

Hawaii no longer issues long-form birth certificates. Nobody can get one in that state.

Asked for more information about the short-form versus long-form birth documents, Okubo said the Health Department "does not have a short-form or long-form certificate."

"The birth certificate form has been modified over the years and decades to conform to national standards and models," she said.

Okubo also emphasized the certification form "contains all the information needed by all federal government agencies for transactions requiring a birth certificate."

Honolulu Star Bulletin

Everybody demanding that Obama release his 'long-form certificate' are basically beating a dead horse, because neither Obama, nor anyone born in Hawaii, can have that document released. It simply no longer exists in Hawaii's record system.

I don't know why this doesn't get more attention. Actually, I do know why. It's because those who hold on to the 'born in Kenya' theory don't want to acknowledge this fact. If Obama literally can't produce a long-form certificate, then he has nothing to hide. If he has nothing to hide, then the entire basis for these claims falls flat.

I am quite interested in what WhatTheory has to say about this information. If Obama cannot get a long-form because that document doesn't exist, and the certificate he provided is the only one that can be released from Hawaii's medical records, then what basis do you have to say he's hiding anything?

Kind of makes this entire conspiracy seem a little... Ridiculous? Baseless? Asinine?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Yeah, it'd be nice if everyone just ignored race. I have no arguments there. I could have happily lived my life without learning all the myriad ways in which utter contempt for my skin color and ancetry can be expressed.

Know what else would be nice?

If unicorns were real.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

I know, racism exists, it's a sad thing about humanity. There is always the hope though that someday somehow mankind will rise above this petty issue and realize that we all are stupid primates.

I mean bipeds walking around hating each other based on what? Melanin content of the epithelial layer? That is sad.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Oh, bull. Don't give me that crap. "Gasp! Race! Why, I never thought of race! You sir are unconscionable and shallow!"

Huh? What?

How is it that I am shallow when YOU said:

It's funny how thy don't trust black people

Explain that to me. YOU are the one calling others racist. If that quote from you is not calling others racist, then what is?
So please take your faux outrage elsewhere honey.

I'm also right.

No, you are wrong.

[edit on 7/22/2009 by WhatTheory]

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join