It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ouija Board Guidlines

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I've been reading up a lot on Ouija boards and everyone seems to be saying the same thing, "DON'T DO IT!"
I bought one off of eBay 2 or 3 years ago when I was in college, and I've only used it twice, once with some sort of success.
I was just wondering if there is a "safe" way to use a Ouija board?
I was sure to use it with 3 or 4 people and I said a protection prayer before and after and made sure to say goodbye to the spirit to prevent any sort of "attachment".
Is there anything else I can do?
I read something about wearing an amulet with a mirror/reflective surface on it. What will that do?

I know they can be dangerous and I've read nothing but bad things but I have this burning curiosity. And curiosity killed the cat, but I'm no cat

Any answers would be greatly appreciated!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Hi mamoo!

I can only speak for myself when I say that most of the the experiences I have had in the past with my ouija board have been successful and pleasant.

The experience that stands out the most for me is when my fiance and I were asking for guidance on his career, as he had just quit his job in an underground coal mine. The spirit (or whatever it was) we were communicating with told us that my fiance needed to go back to his job at the mine.

We asked it why several times, just for it to repeat that he MUST go back to his job at the mine. We asked one last time and it told us he had to go back because there was going to be a cave in, and my fiance needed to be there or a man would die. My fiance was a little freaked out, and he never went back to that mine. Three months later there were several cave ins, a few that were quite bad, but luckily no one was injured. I always wonder if the spirit was trying to make my finance go back there for him to get killed.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Ouija boards seem to attract lower realm entities.
I think it's because these boards seem to attract people with low or no psychic ability and therefore no psychic intuition or protection either. (if they had psychic ability they wouldn't need the boards I guess)

I much prefer a Seance with a known Medium who knows what they are doing.
A Medium who can sift through the low lifes and the real spirits of loved ones.
Why ask a lower realm entity advice when you can quite easily, with a real psychic ,ask a loved one who's passed on, the same question and get a genuine reply from someone who cares about you?

Ouija boards aren't the only way to contact the other side.
But they seem to be the most dangerous and inefficient for the above reasons IMO.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I have been a wiccan all my life, and have to say, there are many tools that others use, the ouija is one. I myself, prefer the oracle board with crystal.

There can be dangers using any "mystical" tools. Of course you are delving into unknown territory, other realms, other lives.

I suggest anyone attempting to use a "tool" of magic, to study up and learn protective spells, because this is an area that noobs shouldnt play in.

Never use a magic tool without first cleansing yourself and putting protection around yourself.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
My advice ... leave ouija boards alone. You just might open a door you rather stay closed!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mamoocando

There is NO safe way= do not do it.

I am asking you to not do it. It is dangerous and not for playing.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by just_julie

what the hell???? you call advice to go back some where that has the potential for someone to die pleasant??? yeah ok then.. ..

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
let me ask you this? why are you doing this do you even know? is it just idle curiosity? are you trying to prove something to yourself or others? look i hate to sound all OOOh and aaahhhh abot things but seriously. you can be right a million times you only have to be wrong the one time for things to get ugly. life is dangerous enough without you taking risks in matters you know nothing about. MY advice and this is just based on my life experience is that if you want to learn more about the metaphysical then find yourself a teacher or a guide. one that you trust. this might be hard considering the field your looking into. in my experience people that are drawn to this type of "magic" if you will are either looking for power or understanding. far too many seek power without understanding the tru cost of that power nothing for free remember that. anyway dont play with things you dont understand.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
reply to post by just_julie

what the hell???? you call advice to go back some where that has the potential for someone to die pleasant??? yeah ok then.. ..

I said MOST of the experiences I have had are pleasant. No where in my post did I say that particular experience was pleasant.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamoocando
I was just wondering if there is a "safe" way to use a Ouija board?

NO. Not as far as I'm concerned.

There are people who will say they know what they are doing. There are those who claim to be experts. There are those who say it's part of their religion. You can find people who will say that there are safe ways. But I fully disagree.

You never fully know what you are doing. Evil spirits LIE and they come through on the Ouija board no matter how many 'white spells of protection' you allegedly put around yourself.

Just say no. Otherwise you open doors that you can't close.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
First of all most of the scare surrounding Ouija boards spawn from religious lies and made up stories.

Are the boards a doorway to something evil or do we experience what we expect from the boards? Set and setting are everything.

I think Ouija boards can be used to communicate with our higher selves and all the scare is just the stories and your own head scaring yourself.

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I say just do your research and see what works for you. there's just to many conflicting information to go by one advice. If you want some "insurance," research protection charms/spells or whatever.

just know this though:

Intent and belief seem to be a major factor in stuff like this. if you belief you're going to contact someone, than you're going to contact someone. If you think that an evil spirit's gonna come out of that board than, sure as hell, an evil spirit will come out.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

I guess I'm look for some sort of understanding, some way to see what is on the other side. I want to learn as much as possible and I tend to learn by doing, but I want to be as safe as possible while doing so.
I would also love to find someone willing to teach. This is something I have always been seriously interested in learning more about.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
TRICKS WITH THE OUIJA BOARD

One doesn’t have to go to the local Wal-Mart and purchase a Parker Brother’s Ouija Board ($14.95) in order to experience the fun and thrills!

I have constructed numerous boards out of numerous items, ranging from regular cardboard to driftwood to lightning struck oak. It doesn’t matter what materials you use… a board made of turquoise and hematite will work just as well as one made of a cereal box. One must always keep in mind that the Ouija Board is simply a tool, and as such, it will work irregardless of its material or expense.

And, as a tool, an Ouija Board is not evil, nor is its use evil. It is a tool. As such, it is the eventual responsibility of the user and their intent. If you use a tool as it should be used, then all is good and well… but if misused or used improperly, then expect to have difficulties. Again, the Ouija Board is a tool, one designed for communication and for gathering of knowledge.

When designing your own board, keep its intended purpose in mind. What are you wishing to communicate with? What is it you are trying to seek? What are your intentions? Although these questions may seem irrelevant, they are not. Any person can make a general board, but all you will get in response are general contacts. As an example, there are two board types I constructed which are of note:

The first, I intended for ‘nature’ or druidic type entities. It was made of oak, with the four elements embedded in the corners. This was accomplished by burning one, soaking one in water, embedding sand into the third, and leaving the fourth exposed to air. This may seem like a simple process, and it was… but effective none-the-less. What was important, though, was the mind set in its construction. That energy, that focus, went into what it would become.
The second board I wanted something a bit more powerful. I wanted to feel the entities behind the words, I wanted to experience their powers. Since this was a work in progress, I opted for a prototype style operation… I used cardboard until I felt I had achieved what I wanted. Along with some modifications and designs, what worked best for my goals was a board that had the symbols of the 50 Names of Calling (from the Necronomicon) engraved along its border. Why did this work? Because I wanted it to, and because of the thousands of people out there who actually took that book to be 100% true… their beliefs gave it power.

In making your board, as with everything else, do what feels right for you.

Earlier I touched upon something rather important: a general board will give you general contacts. Not entirely true. How can you attain something more from something so… mundane?

Place something under the board. Seriously. Every object has an energy or force behind it, and what you will be in contact with would have been connected to that object. Again with, two examples:

Money. A single dollar bill (or your country’s equivalent). Why money, what makes this such a good example? Money, people say, is the root of all evil… expect a powerful force with this one. If you happen to be sensitive to strength levels, you should be prepared to brace yourself.
A tarot card. Think of tarot cards as a business card. What is unique with these is that the entity you contact with, say, the 5 of Cusps, will be the same entity you talk to later on using the same card. My advice? Make a directory, keep a list of the entities contacted. AND keep in mind that each deck will be different… the Witch’s Tarot will have different entities then the Elemental Deck.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
...part two...

Some useless information.

1. Ouija Boards, with practice, can be used to communicate with people. Yes, people… but only if one of the participants is astral.
2. The board will not operate by itself. It will not move by itself. If anyone says otherwise, it is because they heard it from a friend from a friend who saw it.
3. Yes, it is possible to use one by yourself, but be prepared to be moved like nothing experienced before.
4. Keep a tape recorder… err… have a recorder handy and turned on while in a session. It makes things easier.

Now, as a last bit in general information… be respectful. Be mindful of what you are communicating with. Arrogance will only be effective for so long before something else pushes what you are talking to aside… those who have experienced that will know exactly what I mean.

ATS... Let The Lessons Begin

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by The Soothsayer

Thank you so much! It's great to read something somewhat positive about Ouija boards and to get some helpful hints.
I have always been respectful when it comes to the paranormal, my fear is those who want to use the board with me might not be. I have no way of knowing their actual intent.
Hopefully the next time I do use it, (which will be in a few weeks after I get prepared) I can talk to my friends and explain to them what you have posted here.
I'm hoping for a great experience!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Soothsayer
3. Yes, it is possible to use one by yourself, but be prepared to be moved like nothing experienced before.

I can vouch for number 3. I attempted to use my board alone once and the moment it start to move on it's own I threw that #. Scared me. It sorta like someone was guiding my hands without touching me.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
SeeingBlue-

With my solo experience, it felt as if my whole torso was being held... it wasn't my arms / hands that were being guided, oh no... but rather my body was moving.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I think i might try video recording a session next time to see if anything odd comes up, and to be able to review it. It would be interesting to see how the hand movements change and if any EVPs are picked up.

Has anyone ever done this/have seen any reliable videos like this online?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join