It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beast of Bray Road/Michigan Dog Man

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I don't get how the video captured the mouth and teeth that closely. No one would have the guts to keep taping while that thing comes that close.

I finally found a photo of a really shaggy long haired Silverback. It's the mountain gorillas that are long haired.
3.bp.blogspot.com...

Long hair could explain bear-like ears that appear then disappear.
www.jimdewar.co.uk...
1.bp.blogspot.com...

[edit on 27-7-2009 by Sargoth]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
My problem with the possibility of it being a dog is how wide the mouth appears to be. I've looked at skulls for all types of different dogs and none seem to come close to matching the shape of the mouth. I've done the same with apes, and none seem to match that theory either.

A friend of mine came up with another theory awhile back on it. He came to the conclusion that it could be proof that the dire wolf is not extinct like science originally thought.

That idea doesn't sit well with me though, considering in other shots in the video this creature appears to stand up on two feet while it's being filmed from the truck. It could just be a trick of the camera due to the shakiness of the footage.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Sargoth

I looked at all of your gorilla pics, and they just don't match up to me. But hey I'm no crypto/gorilla expert. But I do pay attention to detail. I don't believe that it's a dog, gorilla, sloth, bear, this is the strangest crypto video I've ever seen. Not sure if we'll ever get an answer. I applaud your posts and efforts.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Minotauro

Yhea, another guy came in here and tried to say it was probably a chow. No way that it's a dog. I agree with ya. BTW what's a Dire Wolf?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

You raise a lot of good questions. Without the movement it makes, and the posture that it uses, I'd almost say that it's a guy in a suit, but after watching the video in slow mo' there's just no way. Keep thinking, maybe someone out there can bring a viable explanation.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
never have been able to make that creature out.

I do think animals can do strange moves

check this out

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 27-7-2009 by RUFFREADY]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Yhea, I know, dont' think anyone knows what it is. My opinion is that it's not a gorilla. It doesn't move like a gorilla, nor does it quite fit the looks of a gorilla.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by skyeyes

en.wikipedia.org...

The Dire Wolf was slightly larger than the Gray Wolf, averaging about 1.5 metres (5 ft) in length and weighing about 57–79 kilograms (125–175 lb).[2] Despite superficial similarities to the Gray Wolf, there were significant differences between the two species. The legs of the Dire Wolf were proportionally shorter and sturdier than those of the Gray Wolf, and its brain case was smaller than that of a similarly-sized gray wolf.[3]

It's supposedly extinct.

www.tarpits.org...

There's an approximate picture on that page. I still don't think the proportions are right.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Sargoth

It's possible that the fur would fluff to resemble ears. But I don't think that's the case, it would be such a random occurrence. I've also never seen a gorilla run with that much emphasis on all four limbs. I think if it was defending itself, it would rear up. And the way that it appears to run sideways, with emphasis on the front... it doesn't look like anything that is running on it's knuckles.

And I think we would have seen it's face or eyes. We didn't. Even if it had shaggy fur, it's face would lack the fur.

I originally thought gorilla. I really don't know what it is, to be honest. But this is an awesome thread and the work here is excellent.

I don't know all the circumstances of this tape, and it's possible that a gorilla could somehow be in that area, but I don't think it would approach like that. I think it runs like an enthusiastic dog.

Man there is a type of dog I'm still thinking of... hold on.

Puli

www.healthgene.com...

I'm just throwing it out there.

I don't think it's a Puli. I think it's some sort of other large herding dog or terrier. I think the face looks like a terrier.

Here, look at the variations again.

Pay attention to 47 seconds and also at 1:18. I really think that's a dog. You can see a leg, it's not a gorilla leg. Too thin.

[edit on 7/27/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Hey thanks for the info. The drawings of the Dire Wolf don't seem to quite fit the bill here. I agree with ya though, definately not a gorilla. I don't think the picture of the "Rope Dog"-thats what it looks like-
quite fits either. Based on detail from the video what would be your best guess?-(even if it's absolutely rediculous)

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

If it's a dog, that it's the strangest dog I've ever seen. The cleaner version of the video (first page of thread) show's a lot more detail. I downloaded it to a media player on my laptop. After watching it over and over there's no way that it's any known type of dog. The creature video'd from the truck looks like some type of ape or chimp, you can see the long arms and short legs. The video of the creature at the end doesn't even look the other. So, heck.....hard to tell just what was going on there.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
As FSME... my opinion on this video shouldn't be taken 100%. It's just hard to tell in general.

So, I think that the two videos are the same. The enhancement I linked to above actually shows more detail. It's true that it's blurry, but you can see the back leg and an ear much more clearly. I suppose you can discount that, but that's what I see.

When a dog is sitting, it's front limbs look much longer.

I know how apes run and how they try to defend themselves. This just isn't right. I think the head would be larger if it was an ape, I think it would run very differently and try to go bipedal.

I watched the video over and over again, too. In terms of behavior, if this was an ape, it would try to run at the camera like a human would in the video I linked to before, or it would run with it's chest out. I think the back limbs are too long during running for it to be an ape.

The color in this film is completely awful, too... which doesn't help. It looks black to me.

I think, even with all the long hair on the ape pictures in this thread, that it is shaggier than any gorilla I've ever seen.

I even thought hyena for a minute... but I don't think so.

I also think that if it were something like an ape or a bear, the camera may have been destroyed or the film compromised. And I really don't think it's a bear, at all, based on coloration and general style.

Okay, the other thing. The beast attempted to lick the camera. Or eat it, or something. Right on the lens. I find that really odd. It makes me think that it was possibly baited by something.

I know it's not a chimpanzee at all. If it were an ape, it would be a gorilla. But by the way that the back of the animal rolls, and the haunches, and the shape of the foot that I saw in that footage, plus the ear, I don't know. Plus, the teeth looked more ape-like but it's really hard to tell, it could be either.

There are tons of weird species of dogs around, like the Puli, and it could easily be just a very broad, thick coated dog.

Not to be ridiculous, too, but if you look at around 2:27... that's a guy in a suit. So it's still possible. It would explain the broadness. But it is not a gorilla, gorillas do not run like that. Look at the second video, we would have seen the limbs more, too, even if it was a broader male.

If it wasn't for that part where the leg sticks out, I would be 100% sure that it's a gorilla.

So I'm really split. It's hard to tell what's what because of the lighting.

But here's what I'm thinking, too... he'd know if it was a gorilla. Like, they'd have known, the people who were there. And they could have done a better job marketing "I was attacked by a gorilla in the North American woods" than a "what is this?" type deal. I also think the camera was really excellent except when it comes to that black thing.

Loren Coleman says it's a hoax here. I'm not saying he's necessarily right. But I do know that Loren Coleman, my dear idol, is an expert on primate behavior and zoology. He says:

My past experiences and eye for forgeries tell me there’s something here that smells like a fake, a copycatted forgery, with the telltale signs of a found-film, the shaky camera, and the blurry imagery. Steve Cook may be a film genius or he may have been hoaxed, but there’s something that is very off about all of this for me.

www.cryptomundo.com...

If it was a gorilla he would have said "This is a gorilla." I think so, anyway. He thinks that it's a hoax. I think it's a hoax, too, it's either a normal domestic dog (more likely) or a guy in a suit (less likely).

And it's weird that whatever it was just decided to stick it's mouth in front of the lens.

I know for a fact that the person filming this knew what it was. If they didn't know, they would be trying to figure it out with professors and experts. Not just putting a video online. At least, I'd like to think that.

But people like to be mysterious and weird. Perhaps a guy in a gorilla suit running like a dog? I have no idea. But it's not... I mean... I wouldn't place any money on this one.

But this thread is really really good and I'd like to see what some other cryptozoology buffs have to say.

[edit on 7/27/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
No man on all 4s could run that fast or be that agile. The body is IMO consistent with the size and shape of Gorillas only. The shoulders only fit a Gorilla. It's back is wider and flatter, like a Gorilla and unlike Bears or dogs. Bears tend to be lopsided carrying their fat all in the tail end. This G. beast isn't like that. It seems more agile than a Bear. I don't think an Orangutan could move that fast. The coat is long but I think a long haired Gorilla is about the same. It's movement is similar to a Bear or Gorilla. The teeth shot seems unlikely unless the cameraman didn't have time to get in the truck and tried to use the camera to block it's jaws, literally jamming the camera down it's throat.

These two photos show long enough hair in my IMO and there may be Gorillas with longer hair. The film is too blurry to know for sure about the ears. The guy was probably scared shi_less, and too rushed to adjust the focus.
3.bp.blogspot.com...
www.blogcdn.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Sargoth

I don't think a gorilla with long hair would have hair that long, long enough to really obscure what it is. And I think Coleman would have called it out if it was a gorilla.

For the record, I've never seen a gorilla with long hair like that in captivity. Or heard of such a thing. I do believe it could exist among gorilla populations, but...

Something seems off about this whole thing. They could have marketed it better if it is a gorilla. And that leg shot...

But you're right about it being very broad

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Well I had to talk to a friend of mine who posts on Unexplained Mysterious (Fandango Here's his post or revelation..)..lol.. and he said this is probably the animal, however, I still wonder if this is the animal, it seems to match and it seems to correlate with the size, the problem is how did it get to that location in Michigan? Did it escape from the zoo? or something? Anyway, check it out here:

It also resembles the animal pretty well, thoughts?

It looks sort of like the dog, it has big shoulders and it should move like the video. Odd still though...

[edit on Jul 27th 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Tell your friend Thank You!

It has the shoulders, but the facial markings would have shown up in the video. At least, I think so... Pretty sure.

www.dailytribune.com...

There apparently are drills in that area. But we would have seen reports of one gone missing, I'm sure.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I don't think a mandrill has the bulk, broad back or shoulders or long hair that match. If you can find a photo of one or any other beast that matchs, go ahead and post it. A big long haired Gorilla is the closest match so far. Most people on youtube agree with a Gorilla.

This is the closest match IMO.
3.bp.blogspot.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Thats what was bothering me so I sent some emails to some zoo's and some wildlife area's. Hopefully, they respond and maybe draw some conclusions from their answers. On the facial markings, I have seen a few without the blue and red, I have seen them with full black or brown. I will try to find a vid or a picture. But I am with you, I think the video would have gotten the markings of the animal.

Alright this video sort of demonstartes my point:

For instance in the video you cannot pick up the blue markings on him. Maybe the same thing happened in the video, after all its not really that good of footage, sort of blurry and unfocused in parts. But I think its possible, but of course I could be wrong. Which I wouldn't be shocked by..lol

[edit on Jul 27th 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
. I slowed it down a bit and zoomed in the best I could without ruining it.

Enjoy.

(click to open player in new window)

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sargoth

I don't think it's the closest match. I'm not saying you're wrong, I just provided my evidence against it. And YouTube isn't always the best source. I did originally think gorilla, though.

My reasons why not-

1. The weird mouth footage
2. Hair appears on the face
3. No bipedal movement at all
4. Obscured limbs
5. The possible tail/ear
6. 4 limbed running is very steady
7. Lack of photographs elsewhere of gorillas with fur long enough to obscure it like that
8. The history of this tape and how it was marketed to the public. If it was a gorilla, he would have known. Why not just say "Gorilla?" Gorillas make very distinctive sounds.
9. Lack of an escaped gorilla from a nearby zoo
10. Head proportions

But those are just my opinions. But let's say it's not a gorilla, what would your second choice be?

Maybe we should approach this a different way... what do we know about the cameraman? What has he told us?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join