It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I finally hit the 20 applause mark, and no "This One Is Aware"?!?!?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I finally hit Bronze contribution, and it showed up in my profile right on the mark, but then I finally get my 20th applause, and there is no "This One Is Aware" on my profile!!! SOMEBODY CALL ME A WHAAAAAAAAABULANCE!!! But seriously, how come???

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Gotta hit 21.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Not according to this:

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Update For Applause Indications

A secondary tag has been added below the "content contributor" tags to indicate applause received. They are...

"this one is aware" - 20 or more applause

"this is a critical mind" - 40 or more applause

"we have a deep thinker" - 60 or more applause

"a fine conspiracist" - 80 or more applause

"simply stunning insight" - 100 or more applause

"godlike wisdom" - 150 or more applause

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

It is not accurate, there were some tweaks made after it. I am sure you remember the whole ''250 Club Incident''. It is now:

21-40: This one is aware

41-60: This is a critical mind

61-80: We have a deep thinker

81-100: A fine conspiracist

101-150: Simply stunning insight

151+: Godlike wisdom

Trust me, I have been through most of them.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Oh Jeezus, here ya go:

JaxonRoberts is aware.

Be glad you got an applause, is what I say....they are getting scarce as hens teeth.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Sorry, I took several months off ATS after the election. Just came back last month and the bars that no one knew what they were for were replaced with this system. I just clicked on the 'Bronze' thingy and it sent me to a page by Skeptic with that on it. What was the ''250 Club Incident''? I have no idea what it is?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
You can have all my applause's - because basically they mean little.

I am looking forward to get 300 flags to get rid of the ads though

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

LOL, oh I know! I got one in a debate with you! It ended up being the 5 millionth post on ATS! Have to say, you kept me on my toes! You are one of the best opponents I've had in a debate here! You are certainly no slacker!
BIG respect!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

I know. I wouldn't even have noticed except last night my 'solid' thing turned into 'bronze' so I clicked on it and it took me to the page. Since I had 19 it just stuck in my mind and today when I the 20th I just expected that to show up like the bronze did. I know it means nothing. No one even sees it unless they go to your profile. I'm just curious. Hence the sarcasm in the OP.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Oh boy here we go,lol....

S.O. decided to take away ads (which were becoming problematic) and thank members who contribute more than others who had at least 250 posts, flags, and stars. You got a little white "250/250/250" thing on your avatar which when clicked would take you to the thread describing what it meant.

BUT SOME members were complaining it created an "elite status" and kept nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging, well you get the point..lol.....

SO Skeptic (S.O.) decided to revamp it a little to show a little more appreaciation for the members who have helped create traffic for the site and create good content. He came up with another, more in-depth system with a more elaborate code and avatar tag.

What was then done was "contributor levels", they replaced the "mystery bars" (which no one knew what the hell they meant anyways, some had an idea but whatever...), the levels were as follows:

Apprentice, Novice, Solid, Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Cosmic, with Platinum content facilitators for the staff. They were all dictated by the same formula as the '250 Club' was. But then it was apparent that some well known and respected members who do not thread a lot (and thus not many flags) were being left out of the 'thank you', so S.O. added the applause levels. At one time they were both displayed on your avatar, now they are only visible in your profile, although some members have put them in there signatures now.

BUT............IT DID NOT STOP THERE........The "Naggers" cried LOUDER and the second "Battle of the Tags" begun. After some major debates between members (myself included, in favor of them) in the 'issues' forum S.O. and the other staff decided to take them off the mini profile(your visible avatar in threads) and place them only in your extended profile.

He then decided on a final solution, which was what you now see, the "Flag Contribution Level", which tops out and is fully colored and underlined at 1750 flags, after that nothing more can happen. You still must reach a certain flag count to not see ads (an initiative of sorts to facilitate good quality). The only bad thing is certain members have obviously began trolling for point and flags, but what can you do- they are counterfeit and most know who they are.

So concludes the "Saga of the Tags" and your question on the "250 Club Incident". A very 'interesting' time indeed, prolly better you missed it.

I for one hope they change the current system a little but I don't care much either way after all that, I mean the board was literally consumed by this for a week or so,lol. Hope I adequately answered your question.