It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Brutality - Man bashed by police in Melbourne on Friday night - We need help from ATS members

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Understandable. Didn't want to seem like I was jumping on you or anything, just found it interesting. I've known a few officers and as far as I'm aware they are honest people, although they do break crimes here and there that aren't really regulated, off-duty, but they don't hurt people. Without our Police Force we would have no protection at all.

It is a shame there are bad eggs.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
Understandable. Didn't want to seem like I was jumping on you or anything, just found it interesting. I've known a few officers and as far as I'm aware they are honest people, although they do break crimes here and there that aren't really regulated, off-duty, but they don't hurt people. Without our Police Force we would have no protection at all.

It is a shame there are bad eggs.

Nah, no stress mate. I absolutely agree it's a shame about the bad eggs, and we absolutely need to hold them to account, I'm just concerned abot the whole force being painted with 1 bad brush.

Also, I have to apologise if I have seemed like I am unsympathetic the the case in the OP. If those officers did cross that line, they should be held fully accountably by the law.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben Niceknowinya

I know there's laws that make it criminal to intervene with police. That wasn't my point. My point is what is considered criminal intervence? If a concerned citizen goes up to cops to ask what they're doing is that criminal? I know the bad cops can always arrest you for that, if not for this particular offence then with some other excuse. That's why the cctv footage in this incident is so crucial, and in other cases too.
Probably every country in the world has intervence as a criminal offence in the law books. It's the courts however who have set where the line is crossed. They've got a habit of siding with the cops though. We'll see.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
This is HORRIBLE. I keep reading MORE AND MORE threads about police brutality all over the world. Its really sad. I have witnessed police brutality myself, and its disgusting. I have seen my friends get beaten to a pulp for doing literally NOTHING! In the place where I live there is A LOT of corrupt cops and it disgusts me. These "protectors of the law" murdered 3 of my friends, simply because "they looked like who we were looking for". So freaking stupid. These scumbag pigs got off scott free. While those 3 families lost their kids. And I am from the projects, not a nice place, and these guys that got killed where trying to escape the slums, they were college students trying to make a better life for themselves. And these PIGS ended that.

If I lived in Aussie I would DO ANYTHING I could to help. I live in the states and i doudt I can do much, but there is ANYTHING AT ALL I can do to help u2u me.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Horza

I have witnessed police violence myself, as most people would say-stick to
a good lawer and find as many witnesses as possible, eithen Cab drivers that may of been present. Without Evidence and a good lawyer representing your case, it would be very difficult. Counselling and Medical/Hospital reports would be useful also. Good Luck!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Original poster, any updates? I'd love to hear how this pans out.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by catalyst2466
reply to post by Horza

I have witnessed police violence myself, as most people would say-stick to
a good lawer and find as many witnesses as possible, eithen Cab drivers that may of been present. Without Evidence and a good lawyer representing your case, it would be very difficult. Counselling and Medical/Hospital reports would be useful also. Good Luck!

Nice avatar, it's actually my old one. I was pretty sure I had edited it in photoshop myself to get that contrast and saturation. I feel honored I guess if it is mine, lol.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Well, it's probably the more "primitive" way, but one solution is to get the name of the cop in question, find out where he lives and pay him a "visit".

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

Hey weird! No didn't know it was your old avatar- Like the one you have now, pretty Cool, can't remember where I got it from. Ok So Far Very off topic- For OP I hope things are working out.

[edit on 18-7-2009 by catalyst2466]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Hi all ... B, his family and myself thankyou for your replies and advice.

UPDATE:

B has files an official complaint to the Ofice of Police Integrity and is now receiving legal advice.

He has also taken ATS members advice and has started approaching the staff at the bars that where near where the incident took place.

Unfortunately, at this time, there does not seem to be any CCTV or video footage of the incident.

This may take some time, I think ...

I ask for any ATS members that may live in Melbourne to check their social networks and see if any footage from mobile phone may surface.

Thanks again ATS

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Good luck again. I hope it gets sorted.
Hopefully the person(s) responsible receive some form of punishment for their actions if what you said is the true scenario.

I had a chat with a retired officer the other night actually, he was a good bloke. They aren't all bad, but like any profession there are people that join it for the wrong reasons (power, instead of to protect the community).

edit: I retract what I first said in this topic, but ATS won't let me edit the post.

[edit on 20/7/09 by Nventual]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
as much as i agree the police are getting out of control. the only way we can win is if we convince them and ourselves that we are all on the same side.. it is true that we all will suffer the same fate when the NWO depopulation plans come to fruition. make friends with you local cops, and relate to them! plant seeds!

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
My friend, as sad and harrowing your story is; I do not think there is much you can do. Apart from getting in contact with the most reputed and experienced lawyer in this area of the infringement of human rights. I wish you all the best and hopefully you will get a result. The police force will most likely cover up this story so that their reputation is not damaged but its worth a try.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
that sucks man, my mate a couple weeks ago went upto a cop to ask for some help because these guys wanted to fight, they cuffed him up and put him in the watchhouse for the rest of the night, there are some crook bastards out there

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
The funny thing is, half the population is complaining that the police here don't have enough powers and are too low in numbers. The other half are complaining the police have too much power and that there's too many.

I tell you, spend a year in the shoes of one and you will understand why they can lose themselves occasionally.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
The funny thing is, half the population is complaining that the police here don't have enough powers and are too low in numbers. The other half are complaining the police have too much power and that there's too many.

I tell you, spend a year in the shoes of one and you will understand why they can lose themselves occasionally.

Nventual is right to some extent; while there is no reasoning for the police officers to have broken "B"s knee I can see why they do sometimes get slightly out of control. Its all spur of the moment and you must remember these police officers still have human tendancys.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Thats horrible. They should be sued. They should have to pay for the surgery and the jail fines.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Horza

Thank you Horza. I am "B" I had my leg broken and have permanent cartilage damage to my knee, in the attack. Please thank "J" for getting you to post this information too.

I just wanted to log in to give an update on the situation and to also thank the community for being helpful. As you can imagine after something like this you begin not to trust people especially those who are appointed to protect and help you.

I just want to maintain that it was the actions of a few officers that night that are very very bad NOT the whole police force. I actually have some very close friends in the Victoria police force and know that they mean no malicious harm to innocent people.

I have the Office of Police Integrity currently investigating the matter but I'm sure it will be a long protracted fight. I don't have CCTV footage because they pushed me out of sight of the CCTV camera. So I'm hoping that someone will come forward with video that helps as there were many many witnesses (hopefully with video phones).

We do however have one witness, but I would be sooo sooo gratefull if some more would get in contact with me as the more the better I believe.

What has given me hope however is the community here on ATS is willing to help. I've been a bit reclusive after this as you can imagine so any support from the ATS community really does help me.

I will keep you posted.

"B"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join