It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four Islam Quotes, That hit home. 4.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Hold to forgiveness, command what is right; but turn away from the ignorant." [7:199]

Fight in the cause of God against those who fight you, but do not transgress limits. God does not love transgressors. [2:190].

www.101islam.com...

All people are a single nation.

www.quotemountain.com...

"Have patience with what they say, and leaves them with noble (dignity)." [73:10]

123quotes.blogspot.com...

Just showing all sides of the beautiful spectrum

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I like the last one although I am not familiar with any of them.
2nd line.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by cancerian42
I like the last one although I am not familiar with any of them.
2nd line.

The last one took me a few looks to understand.

I believe it's that, when in a heated arguement, you must remain a cool headed person, and not let your dignity go when in a heated arguement, or any situation.

Holding steadfast in any opposition. Respecting the persons opinion, yet even if disagreeing, you.... well i'm sure you understand it by now.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Lovely

Thanks for the balance.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Actually the last one means to leave them with their dignity. Although true you must maintain your own, if you insult a person they become closed minded and defensive. Whenever there is an argument, even if you can't agree, it is best that both parties walk away with their dignity intact so that no hard feelings are had.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
The last one took me a few looks to understand.

Yeah me too, but then when I understood it, it sounded sweet, like even though the other person may be closed minded or thinks they know more than you, you should not let it get to you or it all just be quote spouting mess.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
My favorite quote from the Qur'an

Surah XXIX -The Spider

2. Do Men think that they will be left alone on saying, We believe, and not be tried?

[edit on 13-7-2009 by TurkeyBurgers]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
What about the quotes talking about killing and beheading the nonbelievers?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17

What about them? Am I too believe that because it contains some things which are not agreeable, that it is incapable of having things which are?

Truth is understanding, understanding is universal and available to all. And so is manipulation and deception. None of this world lacks either, but do you have the wisdom to separate them even when not in your own expression?

Is your intent to discredit the things said above, or to just discredit a large portion of people who will obviously have different views because they are individuals, not a group?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   

And what about all the tons of of quotes from the bible that says pretty much the EXACT SAME type of things. If are you gonna say this stuff about islam, say it about your religion to, because there is plenty of stuff in the bible that is just as "bad".

What about the quotes in the bible about stoning and killing children who disobey their parents? What about all that kind of stuff, huh? What about god "smiteing" the non believers, or whatever he does?

I admit I don't know much about the bible, I don't know much about any religion, because I believe in no god. And I never will believe in any god, I don't need "god". And I could care less about religion.

But I do know for a FACT that there is stuff in the bible that is just as "bad" as anything in the Quran.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Here's a post I made in another thread, parts of the quran some people seem to ignore, even terrorists.

The last part really proves my point.

Being friends with other people of other religions, and spreading peace.
[Quran 60:8]"GOD does not enjoin you from befriending those who do not fight you because of religion, and do not evict you from your homes. You may befriend them and be equitable towards them. GOD loves the equitable."

An example of terrorists, extremists etc.
[Quran 7:28] They commit a gross sin, then say,
"We found our parents doing this, and GOD
has commanded us to do it." Say,
"GOD never advocates sin.
Are you saying about GOD
what you do not know?"

Obvious quote of the fact that people should have peace over other people and faiths.
[Quran 49:13]"O people, we created you from the same male and female, and rendered you distinct peoples and tribes, that you may recognize one another. The best among you in the sight of GOD is the most righteous. GOD is Omniscient, Cognizant. "

Many extremists are like this, but god forbids it.
[Quran 5:87] ... and do not aggress; GOD dislikes the aggressors.

Sounds like what this website teachs lol
[Quran: 7:199] ......You shall resort to pardon, advocate tolerance, and disregard the ignorant.

This REALLY goes against the terrorists views.
Quran 5:32] "......, we decreed for the Children of Israel that anyone who murders any person who had not committed murder or horrendous crimes, it shall be as if he murdered all the people. And anyone who spares a life, it shall be as if he spared the lives of all the people. .............."
[Quran 2:256] "There shall be no compulsion in religion..."

This pretty much goes against the terrorists views
[Quran 6:151] "...... You shall not kill - GOD has made life sacred - except in the course of justice. These are His commandments to you, that you may understand."

An OBVIOUS quote on PEACE.
[Quran 8:61]"If they resort to peace, so shall you, and put your trust in GOD. He is the Hearer, the Omniscient."

NO EXCUSES! you stupid terrorists
[Quran 4:90]"...... Therefore, if they leave you alone, refrain from fighting you, and offer you peace, then GOD gives you no excuse to fight them."

A lot of this coming from dodgy corrupt so called muslims in power, of course it is forbidden
We reserve the abode of the Hereafter for those who do not seek exaltation on earth, nor corruption. The ultimate victory belongs to the righteous. (28:83)

More peaceful quotes
(16:90) GOD advocates justice, charity, and regarding the relatives. And He forbids evil, vice, and transgression. He enlightens you, that you may take heed.

Terrorists, extremists, and those who follow the hadiths even thou it goes against some of the teachings of the quran.
[15:90-91] We will deal with the dividers. They accept the Quran only partially.

There should be NO extremism in Islam, no radicals.
[2:62] Surely, those who believe, those who are Jewish, the Christians, and the converts; anyone who (1) believes in GOD, and (2) believes in the Last Day, and (3) leads a righteous life, will receive their recompense from their Lord. They have nothing to fear, nor will they grieve.

You cannot kill yourselves Terrorists!
[4:29] O you who believe, do not consume each others' properties illicitly - only mutually acceptable transactions are permitted. You shall not kill yourselves. GOD is Merciful towards you.

Each time these terrorists attack they destroy lives, obviously this is forbidden
[2:05] As soon as he leaves, he roams the earth corruptingly, destroying properties and lives. GOD does not love corruption.

You have freedom in islam, there is no need to be too strict, as long as your heart is in the right place.
[2:256] There shall be no compulsion in religion: the right way is now distinct from the wrong way. Anyone who denounces the devil and believes in GOD has grasped the strongest bond; one that never breaks. GOD is Hearer, Omniscient.

Be good
[2:148] Each of you chooses the direction to follow; you shall race towards righteousness. Wherever you may be, GOD will summon you all. GOD is Omnipotent.

Examine yourselves, don't blindly follow others, research yourself
[39:18] They are the ones who examine all words, then follow the best. These are the ones whom GOD has guided; these are the ones who possess intelligence.

Everyone should be judged equally, no matter how rich or poor etc they are
[4:135] O you who believe, you shall be absolutely equitable, and observe GOD, when you serve as witnesses, even against yourselves, or your parents, or your relatives. Whether the accused is rich or poor, GOD takes care of both. Therefore, do not be biased by your personal wishes. If you deviate or disregard (this commandment), then GOD is fully Cognizant of everything you do.

Stop taking peoples rights away! e.g Saudi Arabia and their stupid laws
[11:85] "O my people, you shall give full measure and full weight, equitably. Do not cheat the people out of their rights, and do not roam the earth corruptingly.

Stop blindly following terrorists or extremist groups, or your fathers, learn and research yourself
[17:36] You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them.

Saudi Arabia banned the selling of roses lol, this is wrong we are free to enjoy what god has given us
[7:32] Say, "Who prohibited the nice things GOD has created for His creatures, and the good provisions?" Say, "Such provisions are to be enjoyed in this life by those who believe. Moreover, the good provisions will be exclusively theirs on the Day of Resurrection." We thus explain the revelations for people who know.

Stop following those who are astray, e.g terrorists, or give too much limits to people
[5:77] Say, "O people of the scripture, do not transgress the limits of your religion beyond the truth, and do not follow the opinions of people who have gone astray, and have misled multitudes of people; they are far astray from the right path."
[4:171] O people of the scripture, do not transgress the limits of your religion, and do not say about GOD except the truth….

The Quran tells us of how some humans use religion as an ideological tool in the oppression of others for corrupt and political agendas. But obviously it forbids this.
[3:7] He sent down to you this scripture, containing straightforward verses - which constitute the essence of the scripture - as well as multiple-meaning or allegorical verses. Those who harbor doubts in their hearts will pursue the multiple-meaning verses to create confusion, and to extricate a certain meaning. None knows the true meaning thereof except GOD and those well founded in knowledge. They say, "We believe in this - all of it comes from our Lord." Only those who possess intelligence will take heed.

[2:79] Therefore, woe to those who distort the scripture with their own hands, then say, "This is what GOD has revealed," seeking a cheap material gain. Woe to them for such distortion, and woe to them for their illicit gains.

Fight in defence, but never aggress.
[2:190] You may fight in the cause of GOD against those who attack you, but do not AGGRESS. GOD does not love the AGGRESSORS.
[2:193] You may also fight them to eliminate oppression, and to worship GOD freely. If they refrain, you shall not AGGRESS; AGGRESSION is permitted only against the AGGRESSORS.

At time of war, you must help protect even those of other faiths.
[9:6] If one of the idol worshipers sought safe passage with you, you shall grant him safe passage, so that he can hear the word of GOD, then send him back to his place of security. That is because they are people who do not know.

If god wanted everyone to believe, he could MAKE them, but god wants FREE WILL, so why the hell would muslims force others to believe, like some think, that would be against gods will for us to have FREE WILL, duh
"Had your Lord willed, all the people on earth would have believed. Do you want to force the people to become believers." 10:99.
[18:29] Proclaim: "This is the truth from your Lord," then whoever wills let him believe, and whoever wills let him disbelieve...........
[88:21-22] You shall remind, for your mission is to deliver this reminder. You have no power over them.
[2:148] Each of you chooses the direction to follow; you shall race towards righteousness. Wherever you may be, GOD will summon you all. GOD is Omnipotent.
[ 25:57] Say, "I do not ask you for any money. All I seek is to help you find the right path to your Lord, if this is what you choose."
[74:35-37] This is one of the great miracles.A warning to the human race.For those among you who wish to advance, or regress.
[76:29] This is a reminder: whoever wills shall choose the path to his Lord.
[33:72] We have offered the responsibility (freedom of choice) to the heavens and the earth, and the mountains, but they refused to bear it, and were afraid of it. But the human being accepted it; he was transgressing, ignorant.

This last part, goes against the theory of forcefully converting people, especially the free will part, if god wanted everyone to be muslim he could make them.

Peace

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Here's some info about such a quote, which gets taken the wrong way all the time by people who do not understand properly the context of it all.
www.islam101.com...

It's basically about a time in war when they had people against them that would not stop attacking them, people who would not live in peace with them, so basically such quotes refer to their enemies that attacked them and wouldn't leave them alone. Also I'm not sure there really is anything about beheading in the quran..

Here is the quote some people only take part out of it and try to make it appear more evil, about the people who attacked the muslims and did not leave them alone.
2.190. Fight against those who fight against you in the way of Allah, but do not transgress, for Allah does not love transgressors.
2.191. Kill them whenever you confront them and drive them out from where they drove you out. (For though killing is sinful) wrongful persecution is even worse than killing. Do not fight against them near the Holy Mosque unless they fight against you; but if they fight against you kill them, for that is the reward of such unbelievers.

They tend to ignore this part
2.192. Then if they desist, know well that Allah is Ever-Forgiving, Most Compassionate.
2.193. Keep on fighting against them until mischief ends and the way prescribed by Allah prevails. But if they desist, then know that hostility is only against the wrong-doers.

As you can see in previous quotes, enemies that leave you alone are people you should also leave alone, only attack to defend.

A lot of the attacks on islam, is a lot of nitpicking. It's like going into a book and reading " And sam shot John 3 times, taking the life out of him....." Reading this they assume Sam is a bad man, but if they had read the whole book, they would have known that John had previously killed Sam's wife, and that John was about to rape and kill Sam's daughter when Sam came in and protected his daughter.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Transgressors are those who kill others, and a single nation means you do not kill others.

I think that the Islamic terrorists who have committed murder have broken those two commandments, and therefore they cannot go to paradise (or wherever they think they go).

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

Jesus also says the same things, and I find the same lessons in basically every religion I come across.

The names, cultures, places and times change, but the real understanding they are expressing stays the same.

It's like when Christians go around screaming "only through Jesus can one come to the father". Well, they forget to add what is in the start of that sentence.

John 14:6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

He is saying that only by those things can one come to the father. And that is what all the different religions of the world basically express. Proof of that comes later in the same chapter

John 14:24He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

It is those who focus on the literal within all the religions, not those who focus on the actual understanding, who do all the crazy things. And then people highlight the crazy ones as a means of labeling all of them.

I bet for each of these "4 quotes" threads, you will find that each and everyone will basically express the same understanding.

In the list Phoenix gives, none of what he said was disagreeable or on the contrary of what Jesus said. But these people fight over not what can be understood, but over what images/idols they accept.

Such are the "blind" of this world.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

I think you're right about the idol thing. Everyone has a different perspective and the fighting over it is only because of the names although they really are fighting over the same ideas just the details may not match completely, but the details are not even important. Who cares what you call your god or your messiah, the name doesn't change the understanding. It's the confusion of a divided self and they see other people as the "enemy" when really they are all the same, if that makes sense. Words really do mess up the meaning of things alot. I mean we are all trying our best at life and we are all the same, but then the communication and interaction messes it all up. Good and evil-it's all your perspective. But we all have everything within us, so there really is no reason to get upset.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

It's basically about a time in war when they had people against them that would not stop attacking them, people who would not live in peace with them, so basically such quotes refer to their enemies that attacked them and wouldn't leave them alone. Also I'm not sure there really is anything about beheading in the quran..

The problem, in extremist Islam, is that the Qur'an is eternal, and shouldn't be interpreted in terms of a specific time or place. So, even though this quote is clearly about an upcoming fight between the early Muslims and the powers-that-be in Mecca, it can't be treated as such. Which sucks, because the Qur'an is clearly speaking about a specific instance...

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Their is no quote on such a thing. Islam is a peacful religion. so is the other religion.

I took a religion class in college and I am a Muslim. What your refering is to personal believes. They are ignorant religious nuts. These people believe that if you get cancer or you didn't get a job you wanted you got a evil eye watching you..

Every religion has their own nuts. Every friday during the summer I get jahobowitness knocking at my door telling me about the dooms day coming. I told them I am muslim and they then told me that they love me and want to save me before dooms day. I have to convert to their relgion to be saved else I will got to hell for all aternaty. I just lol and then slammbed the door. I was rube because every summer I keep telling them to stop bugging me. I told them I am not a religious person and won't read any holy book or even go to holy places. the first 2 summers I was nice about it and told them politly but ever since those 2 summers they kept coming. So I then got frustrated and decided that if I am rude to them they would get the message. We learned in the religion class all about hindusim, christanity, jewdusim, islam, buddism. I personally think all religions are peaceful. It's just the individuals usally the uneducated that interperate the religion to their own views and use it to their own advantage. Their is nowhere in the Islam that tells Muslims to go chopp off heads of the people that don't accept islam.

Like I said you can mis intemperate the readings. This is a holy war jahad. this war is not a government military action war.

It's a war within yourself. You must fight at any level that you know is wrong.

For example. Lets say a husband beats his wife. Now based on what you can do... you must do it. what I mean by that is that if you can't phsyically stop the guy from doing it... then you must at least in your own mind not accept what he is doing... you can give the guy a cold shoulder or say something to him.

The point of the holy war is act upon something that you know is wrong to your ability.

Their is no way a old lady can beat a young 20 year old that has been working out. So the holy war for the old lady is to act upon the person that is doing wrong in a way you can do it. Like yelling or hitting him with a stick. The point is that if you see hear or know something is wrong you must act on it and stop it from growing.

The jihad that is fighting the U.S they have personal believes. jihad dosen't mean to go out killing people because they are doing something wrong. It means to act upon it. meaning confront them and make them understand what they are doing is wrong and to stop it. Yet the people fighting the us interpenetrates the holy war to justify their anger at the U.S to go and kil them. The reason they are fighting the U.S because they view U.S as bullies. The U.S wants to control everyone in my definition it means slavery. I am a Muslim but not religious. My dad is religions and so is my cousins and my brother inlaw he is very religious. The guy is very ignorant. He is currently trying to get a PHD in medicine. I know your going to ask me why I say he is ignorant. Well last weekend me , my dad and my sister and mom got sick it was a saturday. My dad had to go to the hospital that saturaday night because he had high blood pressure. my sister had a bad cough for the whole week. So me and my mom started to get this caugh on that same day. So now my brother-inlaw is telling my dad to do a pray on the house and sprinkle holey water. He said we have a evil eye on us. Now to explain what the evil eye means... it basicly means that someone outside our house could be a relative since my aunts and uncle don't get along with my dad. the evil eye just means someone is very jelious of the one of the family memebers so they put a curse on the family. My dad and I lol.

So my point is what you hear about violence with Islam is lies. It's possible the people telling you it is ignorant and uneducated.

The thing is that ISLAM states of a holy war. However it explains it in broad terms. Now you can intemperate it in the wrong way or not since it's broad. So anything that is written down in brad terms will have people interpenetrating it in their way. If anyone hates that religion they will intemperate it in a negative way.

I never seen any book about islam before 9/11 ever since 9/11 happend I started to see hate books on islam. I then started to hear people saying oh islam wants to dominate the world and making everyone follow them. They crafted their own little image of the relgion. Yet muslims have been in the U.S before 9/11 . My dad noticed a difference in treatment after 9/11. Lots of people started to be biased against muslims.

we went in the summer of that 9/11 year which I think was 2001. That summer we went to the local beach and my cousins had arab looking clothes. I warned them and told them before going to dress in american cloths. My dad lol at me and said my name... this is america and their is no racisim in here. Then we went to the beach. Before I knew it their was a lady with her daughter and her flat out said F* your clothes. in front of her daughter which was like a 6 year old girl.

after spending an hour at the beach/park the park ranger and security came to us and asked us to leave because we were causing a disturbance. this was the first time I experienced racism first hand. We didn't do anything about it and just left. While we were walking back to the car. We saw many people just looking at us one guy was drunk and threw a beer bottle towards us and said hell yes.. get the F* out of our country. Go blow up your own people.

I still remeber all today. I will never forget it. As the years went by the racism clammed down in my area.

but still it just shows ignorance. I never open my mouth about religion because I know enough that I am not an expert on the subject. So why should I talk about others religion if I don't even know or studied their religion.

I seen many books out about islam the devil warshipping religion. when in reality it's not.

The extremist Islam is not even a religion. It's a group of people who have their own views of what is Islam. They are ignorant people that have these views.
I mean I explained what the holy war means and I am sure extremist would think holy war means to declare war on people and kill people because they are not following Islam.

Since holy war is broad and says to act upon whats wrong... well if you think that people that is not following islam is wrong then you must act upon it by kill them. It's their views.

Islam strictly says to never force anyone to become a Muslim. In order to become a Muslim you must submit yourself meaning you must agree with the religion. .

I just gave one example. Which is holy war. It depends on how people see it. I explained the true point of it. You can ask any imam that is educated . They will explain it just like how I explain it. A holy war is a struggle against something that is wrong. You fight it. but dosen't mean to kill people but means you must guide that person back to the right path. Meaning take a stick and wake some sense into that person. Islam forbids any killing. All judgment is based on god. You don't have the power to judge people but do have the power to guide a person from wrong to right.

So it's really how you look at it and only educated people will understand Islam and other religions. Ignorant people will use the wording of their religion to make their actions acceptable.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

I don't think their is bad stuff in the bible. I already took a religion class in college and never heard anything bad on any religion but did hear about the racist stories like jewdisim teaches to go out and grab christian childeren by the heard and slice their heads off. those are not true but has been in the past a view towards jewdisim.

I have the same beliefs was you do. I don't believe in god. I personally think that these religions are the basic forms of politics. Or you can say the early parts of politics.

This is what my history teach told us in class that he said that religions are nothing but political groups. They have their beliefs on how life should be carried about. He said yet their is no evidence about god or many of the events.

That is what I believe. I do think that every religion has their broad statements where you can intemperate the wording in your own view. If your ignorant you will follow the holy boosk word for word and intemperate to your understanding. If your educated you will read the words and try to figure out what the passage means or the point what what it's trying to say. Rather then look at it in black and white.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Anyway, back towards the topic, my favorite three verses from the Qur'an. All English renderings from the M.A.S. Abdel Haleem version.

Qur'an 21:30
Are the disbelievers not aware that the heavens and the earth used to be joined together and that We ripped them apart, that We made every living thing from water? Will they not believe?

Qur'an 27:88
You will see the mountains and think they are firmly fixed, but they float away like clouds: this is the handiwork of God who has perfected all things.

Qur'an 24:43
Do you not see that God drives the clouds, the gathers them together and pules them up until you see rain pour from their midst? ...

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Viva la difference'

media.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 8/3/2009 by Bigwhammy]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join