It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA plan to strike Al-Qaeda terminated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

CIA plan to strike Al-Qaeda terminated

www.breitbart.com

The US Central Intelligence Agency had a secret plan to capture or kill Al-Qaeda operatives but it was terminated by new CIA Director Leon Panetta, The Wall Street Journal reported.

Citing unnamed former intelligence officials familiar with the matter, the newspaper said the precise nature of the highly classified effort remained unclear, and the CIA would not comment on its substance.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
online.wsj.com

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
It was CIA that funded the people during the cold war and that group then became Al Qaeda. The plan to strike at them is terminated: Why?

Bush did go after them after 9/11 but it is 8 years now and we still havent found Bib laden.

There are some stories that he is dead while there was a report yesterday that he was in Afghanistan. The CIA closed it's Bin Laden unit long back, and now has closed the plans to capture terrorists.

I think the cost and effort taken to catch the terrorists is justified and that will make the world terrorist free.

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I dont know why they would do that.It seems al-quida is more dangerous now more than ever with more members in more countries.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Panneta is also saying that Cheney asked the CIA to not share any counter-terrorism information with the Congress

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Considering that Pelosi has run her mouth, Feinstein has run her mouth, considering that our Elected Congress members leaked how we were zeroing in on satellite phones which caused our enemies to stop using them, the CIA has had some of it's best stuff leaked by either Congressmen, Senators, their staff members, or their assistants.

Our Congress is our own intelligence enemy. Bunch of self-promoting dumbasses who would leak critical information, just to strike at George Bush. Blind hatred.

The entirety of Washington DC is a huge dung hill, with daily additions, and the stench can be smelled all around the world.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Wait what in the hell? SO we're not going after Osama Bin Laden anymore?

What is the point of being in the middle east or in Afghanistan anymore?

Am I missing something?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
All C.I.A. has to do is stop funding Al Qaeda to "strike them down".

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I agree. But I'm not sure the CIA would've been so successful anyway. I, like alot of people out there, question the integrity of our country's intelligence agencies when they dish out huge sums of taxpayer money to private contractors for everything from torture to illegal private intelligence gathering in the U.S.!

These huge contractors make these immense contracting bids, get the contract, and have almost all the leeway they could ever want from a legal standpoint. The private intelligence business is a great example. Private contractors can be tasked with things like monitoring domestic internet traffic and then not have to answer to anyone about what or why it is doing something. It will find "areas of interest" and then submit all this information to the appropriate intelligence agencies. But they will not have even known whether or not something even had intelligence value of any kind. This is a great example of how the government can pay the private sector to delve into areas it wouldn't normally go itself. And they're doing all this with taxpayer dollars.

These lucrative contracts can include stipulations and clauses that give these companies free reign to do as they please without necessarily having to adhere to state or federal laws. Blackwater security contracting earlier on in the Iraq conflict was a great example. Blackwater could rest assured that all of its security personnel were above the law. Even the UCMJ didn't apply. This is why the area started becoming a little more defined when the blackwater security guards were subpoenaed last year. But even then, noone even knew if these guys would or could be held accountable for their actions. And before then, no employee from Blackwater had been held legally accountable for anything.

The last I heard, AT&T was in a massive lawsuit regarding strategically-located internet monitoring stations across the U.S., namely in U.S. airports which were basically being run illegally. They were basically conducting warrantless domestic internet monitoring. To my knowledge, the amount of domestic internet traffic that was monitored was immense. I can't seem to find that article again for whatever reason. Even ex-employees of AT&T came forward and basically "Blew the whistle" on what was going on.

But this is a tricky situation!
The government can just distance itself from the contractor if they start feeling the heat. That's one big reason the gov. would be willing to pay top dollar in the private sector for something the CIA or FBI would normally do. It also removes a hell of alot of red tape from an operational perspective that could, potentially, impede operations of the CIA or FBI.

Here are a couple related stories on this..

Former employees say AT&T has secret room used by government to monitor web

I think even Blackwater is now capable of bidding on lucrative, big government contracts for private intelligence gathering as of October of last year or so. This was discussed in an ATS thread from July of last year that can be found HERE. You can see the original news story HERE. I think that was just after the Blackwater security guards had been subpoenaed for killing those civilians in Iraq. Around the exact time they were legally allowed to bid these big private intelligence contracts, Blackwater leadership formed a sister company called "Total Intelligence Solutions" exactly for the purposes for operating in this grey area between the public and private sectors where other companies like Acxiom had already operated in the private intelligence/spying business for years.

Whenever these companies "spread their wings" into other areas they usually will form new companies. Blackwater has a few sister companies. Another one is Greystone which is registered with the government contracting office as a "Tax Exempt" "Corporate Entity", as the wiki article states.

The reason this is all important..

It is being aloud to continue amidst public doubt and scandal. We shouldn't have to doubt the integrity of our own intelligence agencies. We're all on the same team right? Not really!

CIA operations and programs can still be run and operated by CIA personnel using civilian contractors as support entities. This means that the contracted company can operate independently while the CIA just watches over them (more or less). But it can still be an official CIA or FBI operation. SO whenever you hear about "CIA" operations like this, you can't really assume that it's even being directly operated by the CIA. Especially since the government has made everything a for-profit industry, right down to interrogation and torture.

-ChriS

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
If I may add, the whole notion of "fighting terrorism" is a smokescreen for other agendas, some of which we have read about but cannot yet verify independently.

In other words, I feel that it's a trick, a ruse and a total waste of taxpayer money to be in Iraq and Afghanistan.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by Janitor From Mars]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
They stopped the action against al-CIAda simply because then when there's another false flag operation they can turn round and blame al-CIAda for the action, then waste money and lives fighting them again.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

They stopped the action against al-CIAda simply because then when there's another false flag operation they can turn round and blame al-CIAda for the action, then waste money and lives fighting them again.

Or this time they can have a false flag and blame Iran for it. Iran has no WMD and Saddam did not have any. But Iran does not have any Stargates either. But any excuse is ok for the CIA, and if it is Iran then Israel will be the first one to jump in to it.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
We shouldn't assume that any head of an intelligence organisation that is structured around need to know/compartmentalisation knows fully what is going on in his/her organisation. There are probably sub-cia groups and smaller groups split from those each with different tasks/orders from different people. You won't know who these people are. Since the heads of these organisations started to become public, I'd imagine they are little more than publicity figure heads. Especially if they come from outside of the organisation or are chosen by politicians.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by AR154]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by AR154

For example , the ISI is a funded wing of the CIA.

The ISI is the one that funds Al-CIAda , hence Al-CIAda is funded by the CIA.
It is like some stupid joke , I know, only that it is real.

I do not really know if the CIA is that fragmented , to the point where major internal conflicts happen , but I find it hard to believe that any CIA agent would be oblivious to the fact that the ISI receives funding from their agency , especially after 8 years of this fake war on terror.

new topics

top topics

join