It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thirteen Doctors Want Inquest into Dr. David Kelly's Death: Embarrassment to UK Government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I don't know how many people now on ATS remember the death of Dr. David Kelly. He'd been a weapons inspector and had revealed to the BBC that No.10 had "sexed up" the "dodgy dossier" on Iraq.

For those with short memories, in the run-up to the Iraq war, Blair's poodle government put together a dossier purporting to show how dangerous Saddam was and how puissant his myriad weapons of mass destruction.

It emerged, embarrassingly quickly, that the dossier had been cobbled together from out-of-date research that wasn't threatening-sounding enough, so the document had to be"sexed up" (in other words, filled with exaggerations) in order to even remotely justify an actual invasion.

Kelly revealed this in to a BBC reporter under guarantee of anonymity. The government leaked Kelly's identity to the press who then hounded the poor man. In telephone calls to friends he spoke of "dark forces" at work and even predicted he'd end up dead in the woods.

Which he did.

No proper inquest was held, and there were rumours that his body had had those little pads on it that you get with ECGs.

Before any inquiry, the BBC started up the drip-drip-drip of propaganda. They kept referring to "the suicide of Dr. David Kelly". This actually worked on me, to my shame. I was very suspicious when it was first reported, but by the time I went abroad again two or three months later, it came as a shock to find that foreign news agencies (specifically US news agencies) referred to "the alleged suicide of Dr. David Kelly.

Blair refused a formal inquest but convened an inquiry under Lord Hutton which was an utter whitewash. I followed the inquiry at the time by checking the discussion forum of The Independent, who had a regular poster who was unbelievably good. He pointed out all the inconsistencies in the Government's side of the story and regularly fought off other posters who absolutely reeked of being disinfo agents, far more so than anyone on here.

And of course Kelly is far from the only scientist to suffer a mysterious death: those who've been keeping up will know that although he's the most high profile victim, he's a drop in the ocean....

So now thirteen doctors want a proper inquest held.

Link... the Daily Mail (eurghhh!)

And two of the doctors have added to the sense of persistent intrigue surrounding Dr Kelly by claiming that thousands of emails relating to the case had 'vanished' from their computers, in what one claimed was an act of 'state-sponsored sabotage'

Mr Halpin said that he lost more than 6,000 pieces of correspondence - many relating to Dr Kelly - during his investigation, explaining that the mystery began when the 'firewall' on his computer, which all similar machines are fitted with as a security measure, became inactive without warning.

His emails started disappearing as though they were being sifted remotely. 'I believe this will have been done by a state-sponsored agency and not by an amateur acting singly,' he said.

A close associate of Mr Halpin's who has also taken an active interest in the case confirmed to The Mail on Sunday that at around the same time he, too, fell victim to what he believes was a rogue agent, losing 'somewhere in the region of 2,000 emails', many of which discussed Dr Kelly.

I'll have more to say on this but it's late...

[edit on 12-7-2009 by rich23]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I would like to see a good investigation here as it really seems that David Kelly was a good man trying to do a difficult job. It probably wasnt the wisest idea to be talking to the bbc about what was going on but he didnt deserve to die the way he did.

But knowing how these investigations usually pan out i doubt we are going to learn very much more than we do now about what went on that day he was found dead in the woods.

This sort of thing happens far to much in this country and most of the time its quietly brushed under the carpet.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Other strange things about Kelly's death

Considering he was supposed to have gone into the woods, taken an overdose and slashed his wrists and bled to death, various witnesses, including the medical team who picked up the body, noted the extraordinary lack of blood at the scene.

There are reports of a large-scale police/MI5 action taking place at the local police station in the hours prior to Kelly's death, contunuing for a day or so afterwards.

The lack of a formal inquest.

Witnesses reported at least one extra "policeman" (non-uniformed, and possibly a spook) at the scene but this was entirely glossed over in the enquiry. Discrepancies between civilian and police statements were never resolved. Who was this extra functionary, and for whom did he work?

There were signs that the body had been moved.

Some doctors have affirmed that the cuts made to Kelly's wrist could not have been made by him.

There seems to have been a cover-up of the discovery of ECG pads on Kelly's chest.

Subsequent to the Hutton enquiry, a Lib Dem MP who investigated the case was carefully herded on to a path that made him think that it was our Iraqi exile allies who murdered him, and our security services had to cover for them because we needed them - it was at a crucial stage of trying to put people in place to govern our wonderful new conquest.

(This would seem to be a "fallback position" in which our security people admit guilt for the cover-up but not for the murder itself, which we can safely blame on those naughty Arabs.)

Hutton - clearly a "safe pair of hands" managed the enquiry pretty well, and the UK media played its part, although some anomalous data got through - it's unlikely that many of the reporters knew precisely what to exclude. Although the report was branded a "whitewash" the detailed nature of the criticisms never hit the UK media.

You might note that the Mail steers clear of accusing the security services in the article linked in the OP. They blame "enemies Kelly made during his time as a weapons inspector". Indeed. This is possible... but enemies on our side, or theirs? Who's stealing the doctors' emails?

Of course, if anything happens it will be another holding action - but it's quite fun watching the pressure build up.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by rich23]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
There are, as you can imagine, a lot of threads about this.

These are only a few...

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread16737/pg1
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread230875/pg1
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread104650/pg1
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread201244/pg1
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread269439/pg1
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread479604/pg1
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread111253/pg1 (deals with dead microbiologists)
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread309462/pg1 (no fingerprints on the knife)
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread31187/pg1
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread215315/pg1

Plenty of background...

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
wasent that the fellow who was found naked in a ditch beside a field ?

my memmory is dodgy but i do recall that he had evidence of faul play regarding MWD´s and the next thing you know he´s dead naked in a ditch and irak is under attack.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by rich23

Also he was left handed yet it was his left wrist that was slashed. Cut so deep it severed the tendons which is not easy with a small penknife.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
It is now thought that The Kelly "killing" was a ritual killing, it does let the government off the hook, Normam Baker Uk Member of Parliament gives his evidence to suggest proving Dr David Kelly was murdered........an interesting angle

Listen to the interview at www.vitalisnews.com fast forward 45mins

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by vitalisnews
It is now thought that The Kelly "killing" was a ritual killing, it does let the government off the hook, Normam Baker Uk Member of Parliament gives his evidence to suggest proving Dr David Kelly was murdered........an interesting angle

Listen to the interview at www.vitalisnews.com fast forward 45mins

First, if you're going to provide a link, please be more specific. I couldn't find the interview you're referring to.

Second, why is your ATS handle the same as the website?

Third, I don't see any evidence for a ritual killing. Even if I did, that doesn't let the government off the hook. Such evidence could mean any of a number of things, among which are a) it was made to look like a ritual killing to divert attention from the real perps b) it was a ritual killing but those killers are still working for and within the government.

So logically, it doesn't let the government off the hook at all.

There has been enough disinfo around this subject already. We should be very wary of this kind of thing.

There has already been an attempt to deflect the blame onto Iraqi exiles. That didn't hold water for a moment. There was a large police exercise going on in Kelly's area in the time immediately surrounding his death. If it's a ritual killing and unconnected to the government, why did the government then cover up salient details in the inquest?

top topics

join