It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the probability of a "new, independent" investigation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
On the heals of my earlier thread, "When can we expect 9/11 "Truth" action?", comes an ancillary question:

What is the probability that there will be a "new, independent" investigation of 9/11 as some have demanded? What is required for that to happen?

We know the goals of some in the 9/11 Truth Movement is for a new investigation of 9/11, an "independent" investigation, as described by some, but without a firm description of who would comprise such an "independent" investigatory group and how that would be decided.

We also know that there are a good many in the 9/11 Truth Movement who really aren't interested in an "investigation" per se, but want some form of forum in which the "perpetrators of the inside job" are formally convicted and jailed, if not executed. A legal trial, to them, is irrelevant since they believe the perpetrators are already "convicted."

Leaving that latter group aside, what would be required to convince the majority of Americans that a new investigation is even warranted? It is almost eight years since 9/11 and no perceptible movement toward that goal is evident.

Personally, I see the probability of any new investigation as extremely low. What do others think?

[edit on 12-7-2009 by jthomas]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The U.S. government already gave the "truth", so what's the point of a 'new, independant' investigation? lol.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Under the Obama administration, a little closer to 0 I think.

And I say this simply because he won't go after any people in the Bush administration, he's all about the now, not the then.

But it COULD happen, I dunno.

Get Jesse Ventura or Ron Paul in there and definetly.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I would guess pretty slim...

Slimer than that actualy......

What are they going to say?

We lied?

We are sorry now?

Oh sorry about the deaths too?

Hmmmmmm, i guess slimmer than slim doesn't make slim justice enough...

Lets say: SLIM TO NONE

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Personally, I don't expect the truth to ever be revealed. The only real evidence left is bits and pieces in labs, memorials, and museums. Also, without said evidence, the gullible public will never be convinced of any nefarious government actions. Even with the documents and reports, without evidence the public can see for themselves, thermite dust, molten steel reports, and video evidence aren't persuading enough.

The same goes for an investigation. We can't expect a decent investigation unless we can actually examine the remains of the WTC, Pentagon, and "flight 93", all of which have been destroyed.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
The question is, what is "independent"?

There are many different truther groups, from no planers, to space beamers, to nano thermiters. Can all of these groups be represented in the investigation? If not then I suspect that truthers will require more than one new investigation.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I think what would be a good idea if there was another hearing, to kind of balance things out.......

All the eye witness`s that did/did not see alternative incidents to the norm, Molten Metal is a good example here.

Just how inept were the alleged pilots, especially the ones still alive and well in Saudi and UAE, a more detailed account here wouldn`t go amiss.

Independent tests for Nano Thermite.

Mobile phones and sustained connections probabilities at the time, whilst travelling at altitudes in excess of 9000 feet, really need a cellular phone expert here this time.

A more thorough examination of the *Bin Laden* video, key points here are completely different facial structure, writing with the incorrect hand and ofc voice analysis.

The release of the 100 or so videos confiscated by the FED`s, must be a whole heap of evidence here backing up the OS.

The NIST flaws will also be high on the agenda when the chance arises for Gross and co to be cross examined.

Flight Recordings to be played.

The independent video makers from that day also to be cross examined.

The original structural Engineers and Architects to be brought to justice as obviously they are guilty of causing death by gross incompetence.

Well just a few aspects of what I would call a fair trial, probably missed quite a few.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seventh
I think what would be a good idea if there was another hearing, to kind of balance things out.......

All the eye witness`s that did/did not see alternative incidents to the norm, Molten Metal is a good example here.

Problem is, all the people who were witnesses, or who are qualified to examine the specific data, or can test the technologies, or whatever, are by definition NOT independent. To even be at ground Zero during the removal of the wreckage it by definition means they had to have gov't connections of some sort, while people qualified to perform technological tests are almost certainly on a gov't board or another. People who can best analyze the authenticity of Bin Laden broadcasts are going to be intelligence spooks, and people knowledgable about airline procedures are almost certainly going to be members of the FAA. Thus, whoever would have the qualifications to do any legitimate testing wouldn't really be independent, while anyone who's really independent wouldn't have the qualifications to do any testing.

Besides, all you need to do is read the posts here to see that anythign that refutes the claims of gov't conspiracy will be perceived as being part of the gov't conspiracy in circular logic by the truther movement, so NO investigation, independent or otherwise, that refuses to rubber stamp the conspiracy scenario will ever be believed.

top topics

join