It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers
reply to post by badmedia
I challenge you to present a Religion that did or does not use an Afterlife or a continuance of the soul as it's main selling point.
Originally posted by tungus
1. He had only one major publication.
2. It was in Hebrew.
3. It had no references.
4. It wasn't published in a refereed journal.
5. Some even doubt he wrote it by himself.
6. It may be true that he created the world, but what has he done since then?
7. His cooperative efforts have been quite limited.
8. The scientific community has had a hard time replicating his results.
9. He never applied to the ethics board for permission to use human subjects.
10. When one experiment went awry he tried to cover it by drowning his subjects.
11. When subjects didn't behave as predicted, he deleted them from the sample.
12. He rarely came to class, just told students to read the book.
13. Some say he had his son teach the class.
14. He expelled his first two students for learning.
15. Although there were only 10 requirements, most of his students failed his tests.
16. His office hours were infrequent and usually held on a mountain top.
17. No record of working well with colleagues.
Originally posted by randyvs
"atheisms best kept secret "
[edit on 13-7-2009 by randyvs]
1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Atheism is the only healthy & logical way to live life in my opinion.
Originally posted by badmedia
So basically, you make the point that people can be fooled by such things. But chin up - I was surprised when I found out as well, and I used random numbers for years.
Originally posted by barksplinter
Atheists are the most close minded group of people I have encountered. There are a LOT of close minded religious people but I have never met a religious person who would not admit their religion was FAITH BASED. It is the RARE Atheist that will admit theirs is a FAITH BASED belief system. Not very open minded on that subject it seems.
ATHEISM HAS KILLED 1/4 TO 1/3 BILLION PEOPLE IN THE LAST 100 YEARS; THE ONLY 100 YEARS ATHEISM HAS BEEN A PLAYER ON THE WORLD SCENE.
ATHEISM HAS KILLED MORE PEOPLE IN THE LAST 100 YEARS THAN ALL OF THE WARS IN ALL OF HISTORY. (Lenin, Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao just for a start)