It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N Korea's Kim Jong-il has pancreatic cancer: report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

N Korea

www.abc.net.au

North Korean leader Kim Jong-il has life-threatening pancreatic cancer, South Korean broadcaster YTN claims.

The station said the claim was based on information gathered by unamed Chinese and South Korean intelligence sources.

Mr Kim's health is one of the most closely guarded secrets in the reclusive communist state.

He looked gaunt during a public appearance last Wednesday at a memorial for his father and state founder Kim Il-sung, and was widely thought to have suffered a stroke last year, but there has never been official confirmation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-7-2009 by lagenese]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Now, this is probably good news for alot of people. But one question remains, who would replace this (nutcase) leader? Maybe we'll end up with someone worse than this guy. Hopefully not. I know one thing, it must be good news for South Koreans...
American military must think this is good news as well, with all the missile tests they've been having recently. The mental health of the North Korean leader is bizarre, to say the least, but i know one thing, pancreatic cancer cannot be cured...

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Interesting topic... IIRC, he has named his son the heir of the North Korean nuclear fortune.

Also, you have to wonder - if he has a life threatening disease, what's to stop him from going out with a bang?

S&F

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Only time will tell i guess. Who knows what goes on in the minds of crazy people like that... There is so much manipulation in some parts of the world. You just have to look in Africa, or even the middle-east... It's hard to understand sometimes...

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
All I can say is that my Father died of pancreatic cancer. Now. Mind you he was a ornery SOB while alive. Sensing his finality, he attempted to satisfy many of the grudges he had during his life...

And, my father was much nicer than Mr Il...

Makes me wonder how far he wants to push it, and how long before he is completely removed from any influence over the military.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

We can always hope that his military officials have a bit of sense and decency in them, but you have to face reality - most of North Korea's army will follow Kim to the grave. If he gives the order to light up the world, then you better put on some shades.

Sorry to hear about your dad by the way

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by anonymouse876

The last that I read about it (STRATFOR, as I recall), #3 son has been tapped to be heir apparent.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
''A man who has few days hasn't a fear other than death it self''

This explains alot..

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Yep! He had an equal match in Bush in many respects, Obama's administration to their credit is not war-hungry which is why this has not gotten out of the corral yet. My granddad had a form of islet-cell pancreatic tumor and anything that affects insulin levels that way can produce brain damage or erratic behavior, long before the actual cancer cells are noticeable.

new topics

top topics

join