It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Orders Review of Alleged Afghan Mass Grave

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Obama Orders Review of Alleged Afghan Mass Grave

www.foxnews.com

WASHINGTON -- President Obama has ordered his national security team to investigate reports that U.S. allies were responsible for the deaths of as many as 2,000 Taliban prisoners of war during the opening days of the war in Afghanistan.

....how the U.S.-allied Northern Alliance behaved in November 2001....

The mass deaths were brought up anew Friday in a report by The New York Times.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.msnbc.msn.com
abcnews.go.com
news.aol.com

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Oh WOW, What a Surprise, so the New York Times now wishes to suddenly blast and alienate those who have been our sole MAJOR ally in Afghanistan for the past 20 years? Great reporting, wonderful job I must say, if we leave the war to the NYT, we will soon be cowering in our basements and board rooms as terrorism finally resurfaces on our very own shores again.

This is PATHETIC. The Northern Alliance is a TOUGH group of Afghan warriors whom we trained back in the 1980's, and the way in which they treated the Taliban is not within our realm to criticize, as none of us ever had to live with the pure evil that those menaces inflicted upon their own people.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Oh, wonderful.

Yea, lets just alienate the people that are helping our troops on the ground over there. You know the thought that he is trying to destroy America and rebuild it to his liking is started to gain credence everyday.

This is bull crap is what this is. I'm sure our troops are not so pleased about this.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Yeah. It's so terrible to criticize our allies.

Let's just forget about criticizing people who do wrong. Great idea! Let's make allies with the worst people out there... yeah.

Sorry... I think we should investigate it- and while we're at it- why not investigate the mass graves allegedly here in the USA?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Agreed.

If these allegations are true, and these people executed prisoners of war, then they should be investigated and ultimately prosecuted.

The Geneva Convention applies to everyone.

MBF

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Does anybody know where in the Geneva Convention it says that it is legal to cut somebody's head off with a large knife and video it?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by kommunist

The Geneva Convention applies to everyone.

'fraid not....even if it DID apply to the guys whacking off heads in videos, it almost certainly would NOT apply to the US. How many has the US tortured? How many of our own citizens have just disappeared? How many have been killed when there wasn't even a 'war' going on?

It would be nice to believe that America is the shining light of example for the world, but it is just so far from the truth.

What I am most concerned about is the likelihood of any type of impartial, binding investigation by those that are more than complicit in the event. 'There are some chickens missing in the hen house, I know, Let's get the FOX to investigate.'

Edit for fat fingers.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by KSPigpen]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MBF
Does anybody know where in the Geneva Convention it says that it is legal to cut somebody's head off with a large knife and video it?

This is why they are our enemy.

Are you insinuating that because they are barbarians, we should be, as well?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Taliban not following the geneva convention is a great excuse for us not to have to bother with it. See where I'm going with that?

We have to hold ourselves to higher standards than animals, so we don't become animals.

We can't go around preaching to people how to live, unless we show them the right way by our own actions.

However, I am pretty sure this whole story is a petty piece of self promotion by Obama. Trying to show how great he is in comparison to GWB.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Or it's simply a way for Obama to further deteriorate our relations with other nations...all in the name of doing it for the "right reasons".

I've found that with Obama, everything he does seems to be for the "good of the American people", yet we are the ones who continue to be taken down by the "fight".

He's a wolf in sheep's clothing if you ask me. He claims to be motivated solely by his desire to "better" America, all the while he's dragging us down further. Which, ironically, a few years ago I would have thought impossible.

People need to realize that the right motivation, all in the name of justice, does not surpass the need for positive results.

Nothing good can come of this. So why would he push it?

MBF

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ninecrimes

If they don't play by the rules, then why should we?

new topics

top topics

join