It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gore: Obama's climate bill will pave path to global governance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
He says it at about the 1:10 mark.
"...But it is the awareness itself that will drive the change. And one of the ways it will drive the change is through global governance and global agreements."

I don't really understand what he means by this or if it's really the "global governance" that we all think of when we hear the phrase (I would think it is though, I've been hearing the phrase a lot lately coming from the elite). It's oddly reminiscent of then French President Chirac's 2000 statement about the subject:

“For the first time, humanity is instituting a genuine instrument of global governance. From the very earliest age, we should make environmental awareness a major theme of education and a major theme of political debate, until respect for the environment comes to be as fundamental as safeguarding our rights and freedoms. By acting together, by building this unprecedented instrument, the first component of an authentic global governance, we are working for dialogue and peace."

I myself don't believe in global warming, so to me all this talk about going green and the urgency they're putting on it sounds like more fear mongering and another way to regulate our daily lives and make money taxing the air that we breath.

Any thoughts?

[edit on 12-7-2009 by shockme]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
You beat me to it!
I was all set to post this and ya' already had it up.
Al Gore and his global warming scam is 1/2 money making con and 1/2 NWO scheme. There can be no doubt.

new topics

join