It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Resume of the 43RD President of the USA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
1) Does mankind ever learn? Are we as a country and as a species going to keep making the same mistakes over and over and over and over again? When will we ever learn.

According to history? No we don't. We continue to make the same mistakes as every other country and government before us. Why? Because mankind is convinced that they know better than the generations before us, just as our decendants will believe they know better than us. With that kind of mindset the same mistakes will continue to be repeated because nobody in power bothers to learn from past leaders mistakes.

2) All the policies that GWB put into affect will have a dire affect upon all of us, the entire planet for decades (or longer) to come.

I would argue that pretty much every policy ever made by a president of ours is still having an effect on us, and few of them ever leave lasting effects that are positive. Not electing crappy presidents is the first step to changing that, but again we're not going to learn from past mistakes. In this case we won't learn because people fall for flowery words and promises.

3) To some people "it's past" however to that iraqi woman who just put her little two year old daughter into the ground or the three year old with his/her legs blown off, it will never be over and no one seems to realize or can comprehend the needless misery and suffering this one individual and the group behind him has caused.

And to all the people here who have lost loved ones it will never be over. The Iraqi's aren't the only ones suffering. Their losses are no greater or lesser than the losses felt here. People here have also lost children, and some have lost limbs. Not to mention the ones who've lost their lives. Those people are never talked about though. Everyone likes to overlook the fact that thousands upon thousands of families here have been irreparably changed as well in favor of speaking only about the losses felt in Iraq. Why is that?

The American People must NEVER FORGET that we as a people were lied to about this costly and miserable war. and it is this war that has broken the American economy. We are talking hundreds of trillions of dollars go to this site and watch the dollars flip over it is beyond one's comprehension costofwar.com... This will break America's financial back.

I'd say the banks giving loans to people who can't afford them had a fairly large hand in bankrupting the country. The blame can't be placed solely on the wars.

People need to put down that love novel, put away the video games and turn off dancing with the stars and start researching and learning about the people they are putting into power.

I completely agree with you there. The problem is people don't research, they listen to the flowery words and the promises and eat everything fed to them without a second thought. They don't ask questions because everyone knows being charismatic and a good speaker makes you honest.
Then when everything goes to hell in a handbasket they can't understand why. It's because they were too lazy to research the person they were electing to begin with. I researched Bush and Obama and didn't vote for either one after I did.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

And to all the people here who have lost loved ones it will never be over. The Iraqi's aren't the only ones suffering. Their losses are no greater or lesser than the losses felt here. People here have also lost children, and some have lost limbs. Not to mention the ones who've lost their lives. Those people are never talked about though. Everyone likes to overlook the fact that thousands upon thousands of families here have been irreparably changed as well in favor of speaking only about the losses felt in Iraq. Why is that?

Why?

Because WE invaded Iraq, Iraq did not invade us. All those soldiers went over there.

America had no business going over there.

Yes, I also feel for the families of those soldiers BUT those soldiers willingly went over there.

The innocent children that have been murdered there did not come over here. Their country was invaded and they were "in the line of fire".

War is murder pure and simple.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Obama was born in in Hawaii

You are picking at staws because like many Repubicans you're just playing dirty polictics

Barack will have a hell of amess to clean up after the village idot idotic we had in last time.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Yup, Bush was an idiot! I knew that about 2 years in. Please don't tell me you're just figuring this out now - almost 9 years later!!!

How about you focus on the real train-wreck in office now. My GOD, if it took you 9 years to figure out Bush was bad, you should be able to start figuring out how terrible Obama is in about 8 minutes!

So instead of living in the past and trying to change a history that cannot be changed, let us focus our attention on the present and divert the disaster that IS - Right NOW!

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
Yes, I also feel for the families of those soldiers BUT those soldiers willingly went over there.

Regardless of the soldiers willingness, their families didn't volunteer to lose their loved ones any more than someone in Iraq did. The pain felt at the loss is exactly the same. It's not lessened because their loved one volunteered for the military and happened to be on the list of people sent to Iraq.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Ah, it's nice to be back at ATS after my little 'sabbatical'. How did I survive without my daily dose of hatred and stupidity?

That's right, 'stupidity'. That's a word I normally reserve for the worst of the worst, but it seems to apply here. I have made several threads in my short time hanging around here, and every time I posted for a reason: to alert others to what I considered a significant piece of news, to point out a correlation between happenings, to remind others of what we have lost in the name of 'progress', or maybe just to bring a smile to someone's face. This thread does what? What exactly are you trying to accomplish here, ofhumandescent? Oh, wait, you specified that already:

originally posted by ofhumandescent

However there are three purposes to beating this damn horse just a little more, it is called reflection so as to not repeat past mistakes.

1) Does mankind ever learn? Are we as a country and as a species going to keep making the same mistakes over and over and over and over again? When will we ever learn.

Are we to learn our mistake, as in electing George W. Bush? You do realize that this is a mistake that cannot be repeated, correct?

2) All the policies that GWB put into affect will have a dire affect upon all of us, the entire planet for decades (or longer) to come.

Are we to learn a lesson from this? What lesson? To not elect George W. Bush again?

It is inherent on the title of 'President' that policies made will have lasting effects on future generations. Obama's policies will do the same, just as Washington's, Jefferson's, Lincoln's, Coolidge's, and every other President in history have.

3) To some people "it's past" however to that iraqi woman who just put her little two year old daughter into the ground or the three year old with his/her legs blown off, it will never be over and no one seems to realize or can comprehend the needless misery and suffering this one individual and the group behind him has caused.

So we are to learn not to elect George W. Bush because people will suffer in a badly mis-managed continuation of a war started by a direct, overt invasion of another country by its leader? War is an attempt to kill others; did anyone actually think it was something else when the Democrats and the Republicans were standing side by side on the issue of invading Iraq?

I have been away for a while, as I mentioned before. But apparently you have been living under a rock. Let me spell out a few facts that might make you look a little less delusional in the future:
  1. George W. Bush is no longer President. He was replaced in January of this year, 7 months ago.

2. George W. Bush can never again be President. He has served the maximum two terms allowed by law.

3. Barack Obama is now the President of the United States of America.

4. The time machine you apparently want to use to erase George W. Bush from history does not exist yet.

You are doing one heck of a job showing everyone here exactly why you and those like you were never taken seriously about your warnings concerning George W. Bush back when it was not a moot point. You have nothing to show but hatred, and now that the object of your hatred is no longer in power, you still have to continue to hate and despise him... it is apparently your very reason for existence.

Perhaps there is a valuable lesson in your thread after all... never allow your hatred to consume you to the point that you can think of nothing else. Someday George W. Bush will die, and that day you will no doubt be elated... but you will also be without anyone to hate. Will you dance on his grave for the rest of your life? Will you continue to berate and demean his actions in his life at every opportunity? When George W. Bush is no longer even remembered save for a footnote in history, will you be the bitter old lady sitting muttering in her rocking chair about him still?

How sad. You have my pity.

TheRedneck

[edit on 7/20/2009 by TheRedneck]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
My 2 cents:

GWB: Terrible president who helped his rich buddies get even richer by exploiting an national tragedy. (his administration might even have helped it come to froition.

BHO: Same guy, nicer smile and speeches. Nothing has changed.

Bush was the anti-conservitive. He GREW the federal government - very un-conservitive thing to do, and Obama is taking over where Bush left off.

The tax payers and voters have been lied to for many years.

Clinton was the hickup. He got elected by playing the sax on MTV. He stole Bush the First's second term.

The powers that be would never allow that to happen again. They installed Bush II, and they created Obama.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

No it didn't take me nine years to figure this out.

GWB has a bad aura, it's murky and black.

I couldn't for the life of me even see Bush Senior's aura and that in and of itself is scary.

His vibes are not even "human".

I figured out both Bush's Senior and Junior were evil the second I looked upon their human form.

I've written back and forth to Obama twice now and he is, I believe geniune.

If a "walk in" doen't claim his physical form we might have a chance.

Research there is a malevolent predatory presence, form "out there" or "a paralle world", different dimension - I don't know but "they" have the ability somehow to "possess" the human form of many in power and that is what is reeking havoc on our planet.

Situations and people aren't always what they seem.

and what seems outlandish now a hundred years from now may become known as possible.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Obama didn't have a sugar daddy like GWB.

Obama made it all on his own.

He also didn't join Skull & Crossbones (research that group my friend, that's real interesting).

Question: Have you read, "Dreams of My Father"?

Perhaps Obama is just a smoother, slicker Bush but I doubt it.

We've emailed back and forth a couple times before he undertook the Campaign for President and it is my belief the guy honestly cares about people. He had the time to email me and I'm a nobody.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Right uh huh just press the link.

All the Bush's have been so twisted it's not funny.

You have bought into exactly what the main stream media has sold you.

www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=6753381#pid6753381

Besides, anyone that would lay in a coffin naked for a weird initiation is twisted (and I did some wild stuff in my hey day).

Go to the Vintage link.

Also read Fraud by Paul Waldman.

GWB has been documented in 262 lies.

If a person lies they are a liar.

GWB was a liar, thief and murderer.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   

You have bought into exactly what the main stream media has sold you.

So have you, dear.........

Obama made it all on his own.

Without the same people who were 'behind' Bush, and main stream media, Obama would never have had a chance!!

I was going to respond to several other comments, but others did it so well I decided not to. One thing I cannot help but comment on is the fact that EVERY President has left their MARK on generations of Americans - just as Bush did and Obama will do.

Oh, and Obama corresponding - by email - with you personally??? The thing about email is you NEVER know who is really behind sending them. Have you corresponded with him lately??

Instead of just bashing Bush, why not do a thread on the negative effects of ALL the Presidents and how their actions have contributed to shreading our Constitution?!?!?

BTW - Obama would be included..........

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Birthplace Hawaii, last time I checked it's one of our states.

Have you read, "Dreams Of My Father"?

Excellent and very interesting book.

My guess is President Obama has a photographic mind, very intellegent and very well written.

His book (he has written I think now three) was excellent.

Could GWB write a book? I doubt it, his father would have to hire a "writter". GWB is too dumb.

No comparison in intellegence. Obama is levels ahead of GWB.

[edit on 6-9-2009 by ofhumandescent]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join