It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arrest made in Florida couple's slayings [Many more arrests to come]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Arrest made in Florida couple's slayings

www.cnn.com

Investigators announced Saturday night that two people were being questioned in the killings of Byrd and Melanie Billings, who were found dead in their Beulah, Florida, home Thursday night. Sgt. Ted Roy, a spokesman for the Escambia County Sheriff's Office, told CNN that one person had been arrested Sunday afternoon.

Eight children found in the Billings home were unharmed and were being cared for by relatives at "an undisclosed location," Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan said Saturday night. They range in age from infancy to 11 years, police said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-7-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
So here is the crazy thing...

Just now, on CNN, the local police came out and stated that there are "many more people involved with this than anyone would have ever suspected"... and that it "read like a movie script with all the plot twists".

They mentioned that they had "not one or two motives, but multiple motives, and each one we investigate turns in to several more".

WHAT COULD BE GOING ON?

Keep in mind, the first guy is not being charged for any murder, but only for tampering with evidence.

Anyone have any thoughts on what this could turn out to be?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-7-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
That's absolutely bizarre. I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

Any links to the original story of the murders? As in when it happened, etc?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

here is one of the original news lines..

news.spreadit.org...

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Was Back in Florida for a funeral earlier this week and read more about the case from the local paper in Daytona. They said one of the guys arrested is special forces, the husband used to own some strip clubs and got busted for an adoption scam a few years back.

What gets me is supposedly these people knew that the cameras were rolling, the kids saw them, they drove a red van, and even tho they all knew what they were doing, they made rookie mistakes almost as if they wanted to get caught. Let's face it, special forces types don't get caught unless they want to. Why would someone risk their career over a safe filled with adoption papers and medication unless there is something far more sinister going on at the billings house.

I am hping that more comes out on this cause if it was simply a home invasion for a tiny safe i'm gonna be sorely dissapointed that proffesionals can't get a simple robbery done right.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Finn1916

i've got the same feeling about this case. the generosity of this couple is impressive but sometimes other things go on behind the scenes (i'm thinking of orphanages in ireland, franklin coverup in US) of places that appear entirely innocent. Might some of the attackers have knowledge of deeds done in this isolated home? you're right that the entire episode was just begging to be discovered and given massive news coverage.

others have expressed the same feeling, that the crime doesn't fit the scene. geraldo for one. he is determined to figure out what's being hidden from us.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
If they were indeed involved in some kind of scandal with adoption, maybe it's not a far stretch to say they were stealing babies and just pissed off the wrong people, took the wrong person's kid or something? Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I'm thinking a government sanctioned death squad for human slave trae of mentally challanged children for sexual purposes myself.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

What gets me is supposedly these people knew that the cameras were rolling

That is not necessarily the case. There was another person that was suppose to disable the cameras - and he obviously did not do so. I am trying to find a link for this, but this was something I heard on the news.

Also:

www.cnn.com...
It appears the suspects did not believe they were under surveillance, Morgan said. The system, which was not disabled, was a "gaping hole" in a well-executed crime, he said.

Why would someone risk their career over a safe filled with adoption papers and medication

That is not necessarily the case either (as long as this source is legit):

www.wkrg.com...

PENSACOLA, Florida (CNN) -- A safe found in the home of a slain Florida couple known for adopting special-needs children contained about $100,000, a source familiar with the investigation told CNN late Tuesday

With all of that said....the adoptive parents were quite odd:

www.cnn.com...

Additional documents released Monday from the Florida Department of Children and Families show a bizarre attempt by Byrd Billings to copyright the children's names and request money from the department for their use.

A department attorney, Katie George, told the Pensacola News-Journal that every time the agency sent Billings a letter referencing the children by name, he would reply with an invoice demanding millions in copyright infringement. In one document released by the department, he demands $10 million in silver or federal reserve notes of equal value.

Some more recent news on this:

Florida Slaying victims knew suspect

This is rather interesting....a must read:
Fuller portrait of slain Fla. couple emerges

[edit on July 22nd 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I'm thinking a government sanctioned death squad for human slave trae of mentally challanged children for sexual purposes myself.

I hope that isn't the case, but if it is, then the guy got what was coming to him, howeer there are legal ways he could've been prosecuted, but of course, they don't always even work that well when A person can afford an army of lawyers, so it may be possible, I just hope it is not what he was doing that would be truly disgusting on his part!

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Hi/

If anyone is interested, an update on the case of the murders..
Live leak.com

There is an update of a Woman Arrested as Accessory in Florida Murders (By bellava)

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

theoretically there are legal ways to prosecute things but it doesn't always work. look at the franklin coverup or one I'm just now reading about that happened in belguim
dutroux affair

if any important people are implicated in this, all will be sanitized and buried. we don't know that anything horrible was going on, but such an extreme attack suggests that this was about way more than robbery and that the safe was grabbed in hopes of finding incriminating material.

why would a guy like billings suddenly get so keen on raising disabled kids unless there was money to be made.

new topics

top topics

join