It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians in Jerusalem want Jews to stop spitting on them

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I lived in Israel for seven months, only just now coming back to the states.

Although I have never heard of a story where the Hasidim were spitting on Christians, I wouldn't put it past them. I loved Israel. It is a wonderful place, if IF you can overlook the complete wackos who want to force their beliefs down your throat. That reminds me of my home, the US. But, alas, I know it is much easier and politically acceptable to bash the jews for every ill done in this world. Perhaps if the people in this world ceased to be so lazy and started to hold some sort of personal accountability for their own behaviors, and if society would demand responsibility from every one equally, we wouldn't be in this scapegoating situation.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
One cruise in particular we had a large contingent of Israelis and I swear they were so rude and arrogant that I found myself thinking of the attitude of Germans in Occupied Europe as depicted in all the war movies we've seen. I kid you not. I was left slack-jawed in wonder at the way they spoke to people.

That would explain why I saw a picture of a billboard in a hotel somewhere in Thailand or Indonesia saying they would not serve Israelis because they were so rude and disrespectful.

In that thread Israelis were saying it's because the people in these countries were Muslims

But seeing this video it's obvious Israel has A LOT of problems with its society.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by star in a jar]

[edit on 13-7-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Connector
The Hasidic Jews( or they could be Orthodox) are just as crazy as any other fundamentalist / terrorist.

Here's a scene from "When in the World is Osama Bin Laden". It's made by the same guy ( Morgan Spurlok) that did "Supersize Me". Basically, he travels all over the world using the guise of searching for Osama to try and understand the fundamentalist views on all sides....plus showing the majority of all peeps don't condone this belief or behavior. His opening question is "So what do you think of this conflict".....Good flick......

if I see that vid they make me thing of muslims, stupid #ing jews first I thought they where good people but wtf is up man?

It seems that good doesn't exist in the world anymore I hope 2012 will come soon and wipe us out, this crazy sh¨t can't go on like this.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Originally posted by ravenshadow13

How come some of you never post on ATS for weeks in any other topic area but when Israel comes up you hop right on that to say negative things about them?

There is criticism of hundreds of groups on ATS, religious and political and commercial groups. What makes you think Israel deserves some kind of special exception from criticism?

There must be other countries that you dislike. Other things. This is a really good website, you should expand into other topic areas.

Sure that stuff does get covered, but essentially there isn't much to say about them. Polarity breeds debate, agreement doesn't.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazyninja

I'm one of those awful people who thinks Israel gets more criticism than other groups. At least recently. Except maybe the gay community.

I don't see much evidence to the contrary.

There are other things to debate.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I'm one of those awful people who thinks Israel gets more criticism than other groups.

Why do you think that is?

There are other things to debate.

If you don't like a topic try and avoid clicking on it.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I don't see why this is such a surprise. They're Jews, their holy books mandate this sort of vile behavior towards us lesser beings. There's no argument to be had here, that's just the way it is. Of course you can't criticize it or you're an anti-Semite; they would have you smile and offer them thanks for their God chosen saliva.

I don't understand why these people being assaulted in this way don't grow a spine and make them think twice.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Those fundamentalists also had white skin. Why don't we generalize this bigotry further to say that white people are rude and will likely spit in someone's face. There's a big problem with your rational argument when a small minority is used to represent the whole.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Mumbotron

Because I can find white people who will reject such ideas. Where can I find people who reject those ideas in Israel?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen

The Palestinian Christians are fleeing to Israel, because they have quite unanimously stated that the Israeli's respect their Churches, Statues, and way of life far more so than the Arab Muslims within their own ethnicity.
Although you hanven't shown this to be a fact I'll take your word for it. Seeing as how (still in modern times) Muslims are known to kill those of other faiths for what they view as "an insult to Islam."

Also, one jerk spitting on a priest does not make an entire people ignorant.
Granted. However, the article stated that this is not an isolated happenning. Rather these assaults on Christians usualy go unreported. In any event you can rest assured that if this was a case of Christians spitting on Jews in Jerusalem the Israeli government would be all over it. Not to mention the A.D.L.

And GOD forbid if it were a Muslim that got spat on! The bloodshed would last for weeeks on end.....

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Yeah, in one of the videos posted, the host gets pushed by a Rabbi and a policeman comes to his defence and THE RABBI PUSHES THE POLICE OFFICER!!

Now here's the biggy... You do that in America, your on the ground with your hands behind your back.

In israel, THE RABBIS CAN PUSH THE COPS!!!

No wonder they are allowed to do whatever they want to Christians!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

There's a big problem with your rational argument when a small minority is used to represent the whole.

The Jews have been using that same method to allow government sanctioned extermination of Palestinians.

Remember the Israeli government is not a government supported by just a few crazy fundamentalists, it is a democratically elected government, these people represent the will of the Israeli people.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Archon_Adept

Here is that video embedded.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Just like the US government and it's genocidal practices right? I guess you think all Americans support the genocide of the northern Afghanis or the dozen or so distinct cultural groups that have been attacked in the last decade. Israel was put where it is now by people with an agenda. Those people get to choose who the elected officials are and therefore the policy of most industrialized nations. Democracy died a long time ago. I have to wonder if you are just an agitator working for some hate group.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

There are plenty of vocal Americans who reject the wars. You can easily find them on the internet and independent media. Show Israelis who reject what Israel is doing? Where's their voice?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
How come some of you never post on ATS for weeks in any other topic area but when Israel comes up you hop right on that to say negative things about them?

There must be other countries that you dislike. Other things. This is a really good website, you should expand into other topic areas.

There are a number of people on ATS who will only post on certain subjects.

I have noticed the people who do this are usually at one of the either extreme poles they post on. On most topics it revolves around believers and skeptics being the two opposite ends of the conspiracy pole.

When it comes to politics it's usually democrats at one end of the pole and republicans at the other and if you aren't partisan and weigh in anywhere short of a partisan pole you get lumped in with the party whose side of the equatorial divide your position is espoused by.

When it comes to religion it gets even uglier.

When it comes to religion mixed with politics as in most Middle East Issues threads it gets even uglier still.

While when you sit on one end of the equatorial divide it appears that those in opposition to that side are only posting on that subject it does turn out often to be the case, but so too can it be said that those who have taken the 'pro' or 'supportive' side of the pole often only post on that subject too.

I think the people with limited interests have a right to have limited interest but I think they miss a lot of other wonderful information and perspectives shared on ATS.

One thing for sure because of how people gravitate towards poles its hard to have a moderate position that doesn't cross the imaginary equatorial boundry and to be falsely labelled anti this or pro that sometimes in an entirely blanket and assumptive way.

For instance I don't support Israel or like Zionists but I have many Jewish friends and business associates and would never preclude someone from friendship based on their religion, nationality, sexual orientation, sex, political affiliations, race or desire to eat at McDonalds.

I keep lots of Tums on hand for the last group!

I don't have to agree with them on every one of their personal perspectives and positions to be friends with them. Friendship is about sharing common ground and celebrating diversity and I think some people here on ATS who I don't share a polar position with, including on subjects like Israel will say I look for common ground and ways that we can share and celebrate our diversity versus dislike one another for it.

That's a more mature stance than a lot of very passionate people can sometimes find it in them to espouse, but I have found that the most intelligent people despite their polar passions can, will and do find a common ground where they can debate in friendly ways and not take things so personal and not be so insistant that everyone else share an extreme polar view just because they do.

People should have a right to like and dislike things, including other people and to be able to speak honestly about it, even if they have misjudged, been hasty in their conclusions or stereo typed on very limited information and understanding or through peer pressure.

A person convinced against their will is a person who remains unconvinced and a good saleperson knows that objections are really just a poorly put forward often emotional request for additional information.

If the only additional information you have to share with someone who has objections is 'you should not object it's wrong to object on this subject or on that person or people' then you have an audience that may choose to be silent but that silence does not mean they are convinced.

You then have simply still waters, and still waters run deep, and the risk of drowning in deep water goes up expotentially.

Complaining that people have objections will never really overcome their objections.

Exchanging information often will, but remember some people are still going to pick a Toyota over a Chevy and at the end of the day, that's their human right to do so.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
those crazy jews!
always spitting on chiritians, killing jesus, and runing teh banks and hollywood.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Archon_Adept

I have heard plenty of Israeli/ non Israeli Jews say that what is going on between the Israeli military and the Palestinians is wrong. I didn't take video of those many conversations, so I can't "show" you. It seems like people only see what they want to see. I bet you have never even met a Jewish person, and if you have you have never had a conversation with one.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mumbotron

Just like the US government and it's genocidal practices right? I guess you think all Americans support the genocide of the northern Afghanis or the dozen or so distinct cultural groups that have been attacked in the last decade. Israel was put where it is now by people with an agenda. Those people get to choose who the elected officials are and therefore the policy of most industrialized nations. Democracy died a long time ago. I have to wonder if you are just an agitator working for some hate group.

I always use the term democracy pretty loosely. I think everyone does nowdays. But If you compare the Israeli government to Hamas, I think you can come to the conclusion that Israel has a democratically elected government.

As for me being a professional agitator, haha. No I just have a different opinion to you, welcome to the internet.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by Lazyninja]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

More subjective, unsubstantiated nonsense from a pro-zionist. How surprising.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join