It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians in Jerusalem want Jews to stop spitting on them

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
These people comprise a small selection of the Judaic population. Just like the guys who shoot up and bomb abortion centers and kill homosexuals comprise a small percentage of the Christian population.

And just like how the people who come to your door comprise a small percentage of the Jehovah's Witness population.

And how terrorists are a small percentage of the Muslim or Judaic or Christian religion.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Thank you, your one of the first to at least admit they are wrong.

I agree they are a minority of the population, but most pretend it doesn't happen at all.

Once the US, Britain and Israel wake up and see they are not different than those they fight, we might actually be able to move on.

However, I do not see that happening anytime soon.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

How are your videos any different then westbro baptist church?

Don't blame the government or the religion, blame the group. duh.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm

Whoa, apparently this is quite a regular occurance in Israel? A Jew spitting on a Christians face? Heaven forbid it goes the other way around? Or heaven forbid the United States (majority Christian population) stop supporting Israeli policy. When I read stuff like this I really feel a simmering anger towards the Jewish religion. Just incredible.

www.haaretz.c om
(visit the link for the full news article)

It's not Jews or Christians or Muslims......it's a small percentage of every group that are extremist. The ones with nothing else in their lives......the ones who's psyche would fail if their beliefs are questioned. I can find just any many examples of Christians acting similar.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Read the Talmud and it will all become clear. Being spat it is a way for one person to show superiority over another. These people feel that they are some how superior. Unfortunately this is just another example of extremism in which ALL religions have....

[edit on 12-7-2009 by tjeffersonsghost]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by rich23

As I mentioned some people do have a prediliction for bad manners.

I wouldn't go to Israel, you couldn't pay me to go to Israel, I am an agnostic and do not condone the Religions that have been spawned by this fellow named Abraham that the Hebrews, Chtisitans and Muslims follow.

I think they are all a couple bricks shy of a load if you know what I mean.

I am in support of Palestinians having 52% of the land like the original treaty allowing for Zionist immigration called for.

I am not in favor of the United States, and I am an American, giving any financial aide, military aide or loans at favorable rates or loan gaurantees to Israel.

I am for good manners though and if the pagans aren't getting along in their playground well all I can say it's clearly a problem with manners.

The people who worship and belong to those Sun Cults... well probably spend too much time out in it.

You know mad dogs and Englishmen and all.

I just can't imagine why anyone would want to go Jerusalem really and truly, it attracts an unseemly class of charachters obviously as the story points out.

It doesn't even have a beach, and the people dress weird, and they eat really rotten food, and have no taste in music and they spit now I hear too.

Not my choice of a vacation destination.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I think they know that.

I think this stuff happens everyday but you won't see the USA declaring a war against one of those freakish Christian colonies in the midwest because they do weird stuff against other groups like defame things or beat up people of specific groups.

You won't see Britain declaring war against all the ... I don't know... people of a certain race who kidnap people of another race.

The reason the USA singled out who they did was because they were freaked that they got attacked, or could be, or whatever. Their people were being threatened. They don't like stepping into the shoes of other people, they just like to pretend that they do.

You already know the answer.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

There are many beaches in Israel, the food is good, people dress the same as they do in many countries in the region or very similarly. Honestly. Way to generalize.

It happens to be a really nice country once you take out the political stuff.

You'd best be careful, there are some awesome ATS members from Israel. I'd be sore if someone insulted my home country like that. You would be, too.

I was born in the USA by the way.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Dradles... did some Jew cancel Christmas in your town growing up bro...

what's with all the posts pointing out the worst possible things you can find from the smallest segments of society...

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

There is extremism in all religious groups Islam, Christianity, and Judaism. Sometimes people skewer religious tenets for their own personal and political gain. I see this whole story as an attempt to incite derision by the press in Israel against the Jews and Christians. However, I am not fooled by any of it and I hope the rational minds of Jews and Christians see this story the same way. I say let them spit if they wish because all it shows is how ridiculous and backwards they are. If its bullets or punches flying, then I would be concerned, but I find the insult as petty and being blown out of proportion. Maybe the clergyman should have spit back at the Jew and said "thank you brother and with your terms of endearment I will repay the favor with my own saliva and go in peace."

As for the videos of the Orthodox Jews fiery disposition against the Christians in that video, again I will say it is petty and an attempt at trying to incite derision among the two groups. All it is with these videos is an attempt at showing who they think is right and who they think is wrong. It is petty semantics and should be disregarded as senseless drivel.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13

There are many beaches in Israel, the food is good, people dress the same as they do in many countries in the region or very similarly. Honestly. Way to generalize.

It happens to be a really nice country once you take out the political stuff.

You'd best be careful, there are some awesome ATS members from Israel. I'd be sore if someone insulted my home country like that. You would be, too.

I was born in the USA by the way.

They aren't real beaches! They don't even have a nude one. I tell you what a wacky sun worshipping cult when you don't even have a nude beach to worship it.

They do dress wierd and well that's just not my fault either!

Honestly, there is no such thing as 5 Star Israeli Cuisine these people are not Gourmands, just another awkward anti-social group of misfits is all and they themselves all swear up and down the country is an armpit as a jusitification for no one else being upset that they stole the land for it!

It's just way to much drama if you ask me. Clearly Freuds was a desperate cry for help and we just weren't paying attention to these people and focusing on how poorly the get along and play with others.

I think it's at least a recess penalty or dention after school kind of infraction here.

I think with a lot or patience, love and understanding we might even get them to move all the way a. to the 1st Century one of these days soon and then hey, it's just 20 more Centuries to go to bring them up to speed.

That first step is the hardest and clearly these people need help and the fashion police! Wow!

Oh stopping bombing, killing and spitting everything in sight would be a good idea.

Who cares what the Israelis think? I sure don't. Tell them to send back all the money if they have a problem, they are nothing but a bunch of bums who can't even pull their own weight and their country is an aparthied state that can't even manage it's tourism economy non-abusively.

It's a criminal enterprise. It is what it is. I sure am not going to excuse them for it, and neither should anyone else frankly.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

There are good places to eat, Israel has some amazing resort areas and the sea there is famous because you can float so easily in the water.

But you can generalize and think what you want. It's actually a very nice place to visit. I've never been but many people that I know have.

www.flickr.com...

Maybe just because you don't like the people you say the country is awful?

Their technology is beyond most countries. Their hospitals are world-class.

www.ehow.com...

And that.

[edit on 7/12/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
this has much less to do with religion than it does with people.

the jewish faith, like the vast majority, if not all faiths is a beautiful thing.

it is the people who practice it that are to blame.

it is peoples intolerance, ignorance, bigotry and hate that is at fault.

yes religions call for strict adherence but it is most often peoples failure to appropriately comprehend and apply these principles that germinates such hate.

despicable acts tend to be human acts.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

I was a very succesful Travel Agent for a decade, trust me when I say, nobody who is any body goes to Israel. There really is nothing worth the trip if you aren't a practitioner in one of those sun worshipping cults.

Trust me I live in Miami and frankly all of Israel would be living here if they could get away having a country without any people in it to keep an eye on the place.

Take away their relgious marketing angle and all you have is a police state dump.

By the way they have to tell you it's nice to get you there but hey no refunds, don't say no one didn't tell you so.

Israel lol.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
In conclusion before I leave this thread for sheer boredom...

Media of all sides focuses on the unfortunate minorities of the opposition.

And many people will form a bias to one side or another and it sticks no matter what.

We're all veterans of ATS, we know the real truth must be pieced together like a puzzle formed from parts of different resources and experiences.

But basically it boils down to, as always, Youtube is an unreliable source, religions cause trouble, and there is no right answer except to reject all the answers placed before you.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Just as some earlier posters have stated, there are rude, arrogant people of all backgrounds. I'm sure it's hard to grasp the mentality of any extremist point of view that is completely foreign to you. Just a quick history lesson for those of out there that are scratching their .s: The Jews have been living as a minority in fundamentalist Christian European Nations for hundreds, I dare say a couple thousand years. In that time, there was a lot of struggle to maintain the Jewish culture in the face of sheer cultural oppression. I'm not just talking about what the nazis did. So now that there is a Jewish nation state, some people are a little touchy about somebody changing that directly or indirectly.That's my take on what happened there and in most such cases. I'm not at all saying they are right to be violent and disrespectful to other people. I'm glad the poster included the other local Rabbi who said most people around there don't share those heckler's opinions.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Whoa whoa take it easy people these are not jews spitting on people or attacking tourists and merchants.

These are Hasidic people, they are the same exact type of backwards creature as the Taliban or Christians who speak in tongue and attack pregnant teenagers.

They are a different species than me or you its called fundamentalist retardus.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by Desolate Cancer]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Killah29
This is just stupid... And they say children are immature.

Yep, they say... however, history will in great detail tell you that religious people are more so. I would however go one more step and call them pathetic.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
These Jews are violating the Mosaic Law by their actions.
Their own written word says this command.

Leviticus 19:33-34

'When an alien lives with you in your land, do not mistreat him. 34 The alien living with you must be treated as one of your native-born. Love him as yourself, for you were aliens in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

www.biblegateway.com...:33-34

[edit on 13-7-2009 by lostinspace]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I'd say a) this is being blown out of proportion and b) in Jewish tradition, I don't think spitting is disrespect. I know when people think someone cast an "evil eye" on you they will spit on you to protect you from it. It's a cultural difference

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join