It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians in Jerusalem want Jews to stop spitting on them

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Christians in Jerusalem want Jews to stop spitting on them

www.haaretz.c om

A few weeks ago, a senior Greek Orthodox clergyman in Israel attended a meeting at a government office in Jerusalem's Givat Shaul quarter. When he returned to his car, an elderly man wearing a skullcap came and knocked on the window. When the clergyman let the window down, the passerby spat in his face.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Whoa, apparently this is quite a regular occurance in Israel? A Jew spitting on a Christians face? Heaven forbid it goes the other way around? Or heaven forbid the United States (majority Christian population) stop supporting Israeli policy. When I read stuff like this I really feel a simmering anger towards the Jewish religion. Just incredible.

www.haaretz.c om
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
This is just stupid... And they say children are immature.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Just a reminder that...

The Pious are Pariahs!

This is true no matter race, creed, color, or what have ya...

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Those people should be glad they're in Israel. If a black man spat on a white man's face in America, he would get 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

On the plus side, with the rate America is going, the fine would be devalued to $25 by the time he got out.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm

. When I read stuff like this I really feel a simmering anger towards the Jewish religion. Just incredible.

Being the chosen children of God has imparted a certain smugness to Jews. In religion, hate and murder is everyday stuff, but when you add smugness on top of that, you have a really hideous combination. And they wonder why they're so persecuted.

On the radio just a few minutes ago actually, I heard someone say: (paraphrasing)

For religions to survive each other in this century, people have a lot to learn about God

I thought about that for a moment, and then I realized we have nothing more to learn about God, it's all there in the texts. What we have to learn about is ourselves, and realize how we totally misunderstand what God wants from us.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by Lazyninja]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Maybe you should follow the actual atmosphere in Israel vs. the Palestinian controlled areas. The Palestinian Christians are fleeing to Israel, because they have quite unanimously stated that the Israeli's respect their Churches, Statues, and way of life far more so than the Arab Muslims within their own ethnicity.

Also, one jerk spitting on a priest does not make an entire people ignorant.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
Maybe you should follow the actual atmosphere in Israel vs. the Palestinian controlled areas. The Palestinian Christians are fleeing to Israel, because they have quite unanimously stated that the Israeli's respect their Churches, Statues, and way of life far more so than the Arab Muslims within their own ethnicity.

Also, one jerk spitting on a priest does not make an entire people ignorant.

How many jerks spitting on how many priests does it take?

I remember having rocks thrown at me by the local pickpockets... er I mean children.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
They are not just spitting on Christians and others in Jerusalem, they are symbolicly spitting on everyone every day with all their "anti-semite" accusations for one thing or another.
Question the holohoax - go to jail...now that is spitting big time.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

Yea like a lot of people are saying, what on Earth does this have to do with US-Israeli relations or the Israeli government.

So a Jew spits in a Christian's face? That's bad. But nothing special.

This is like asking why the US doesn't blockade India for a month when an Indian driver doesn't pick up a black guy.

Is it only that important because a Jew did it?

pfff

Arrest the guy, go on with your lives. This isn't news, this is pathetic.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Sounds like a case of bad manners to me. There are bad mannered people of all stripes living in this world.

Manners like common sense is something rapidly dissapearing in all Western Societies. The victim mentallity espoused by most common people today precludes the use of manners, since they are supposed to be angry because they have been victimized!

One might even say its hard to pull off being a victim without being bad tempered and bad mannered.

When you combine it with the typical ignorance that goes along with someone with no manners what you have is an ignorant, bad mannered, ill tempered human being...whom of course no one with intelligence or manners would want to hang around or do anything for which is at the end of the day what the 'victims' of the world are really victims of...there own stupidity, their own poor manners, their own lack of emotional discipline and sense of decorums.

It's a real jungle out there and well when in Rome do as the Romans do, hawk a nice thick one and spit right back at them, grab a few human sheilds for cover and wait for the IDF to drop some phospherous bombs in retalliation.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

Does it ever make you wonder why Christians on mission don't ever go where they're needed? Wouldn't Jesus want them to spread the word in places like Jerusalem where the Jews need to be more exposed to Christianity, then say Mexico the vacation destination?

I say send all the Christian missions to Jerusalem and Africa to spread gods word where it's really needed. That would be a really good thing.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

Heh... Jesus tried in Jerusalem... no one would listen to him then... why would they now?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Breaking News-
Jews in America want racist/anti-semitic kids to stop spraying swastikas on stuff.

But, you know, individuals don't represent the whole, do they?

Edit- Isn't it supposed to be "God's word" with a capital G?
Isn't that the whole 'respect religion' thing?

I mean I could be wrong. That's the old school way to do it. I forgot that now the g-man represents everything everyone wants.

[edit on 7/12/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I always thought this video shows how Israeli Rabbis really view Christians.

The first video is of Rabbis in Israel trying to disrupt a Christian market by telling the ladies that Jesus was "That stupid Jesus, that bastard of Jews" while telling her she has a black baby, as that must be an insult to him.

The second and fourth videos are of a Christian market in Israel being destroyed and mocked, the third is various rabbis yelling "Shame on you, go back to Jesus!"

All the while they are trying to "heard" the Christians away.

If you watch the rest in the series, you'll find a simple conversation on whether god wants you to treat everyone the same started this whole mess.

I cannot get the first video to embed, can a MOD please try?

Here is the URL

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 12-7-2009 by breakingdradles]

[edit on 12-7-2009 by breakingdradles]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
Breaking News-
Jews in America want racist/anti-semitic kids to stop spraying swastikas on stuff.

But, you know, individuals don't represent the whole, do they?

Edit- Isn't it supposed to be "God's word" with a capital G?
Isn't that the whole 'respect religion' thing?

I mean I could be wrong. That's the old school way to do it. I forgot that now the g-man represents everything everyone wants.

[edit on 7/12/2009 by ravenshadow13]

Why is your first post on this topic very defensive and picking apart a fellow member's grammar instead of focusing on the issue?

Rather odd.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

Because if someone forms a religious argument about God and what should and shouldn't be okay in His eyes, then I would assume they would be very particular about how they portray God.

If you expect someone to be so respectful of something like that, you know, it's not a question of grammar.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The Hasidic Jews( or they could be Orthodox) are just as crazy as any other fundamentalist / terrorist.

Here's a scene from "When in the World is Osama Bin Laden". It's made by the same guy ( Morgan Spurlok) that did "Supersize Me". Basically, he travels all over the world using the guise of searching for Osama to try and understand the fundamentalist views on all sides....plus showing the majority of all peeps don't condone this belief or behavior. His opening question is "So what do you think of this conflict".....Good flick......

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Sounds like a case of bad manners to me. There are bad mannered people of all stripes living in this world.

I don't know how carefully you read the story, but it's more than bad manners. Yeshiva students are particularly prone to abusing clergy of other faiths, and as someone in the Ha'aretz story points out, if the rabbis spoke out against it, it would stop.

But the paper quotes an incident in which two Christian clergy were spat at by a group of Yeshiva students while their teachers stood by and watched.

The more I read about Israel, the less I like it. It's as if kristallnacht was some sort of inoculation with the fascist virus and now it's all grown up and infecting the whole society.

There are also plenty of incidents in which people spit on the cross. I'm SO not a christian and indeed I have utter disdain for most religions. But under no circumstances would I do something like that. Actually it would never occur to me to do that.

What the hell is wrong with these people?

Edit, because I'm reminded of a time when I used to work on cruise ships and for a bit of extra money moonlighted working on the desk that sold shore excursions to passengers. (I was a musician so I had enough spare time).

One cruise in particular we had a large contingent of Israelis and I swear they were so rude and arrogant that I found myself thinking of the attitude of Germans in Occupied Europe as depicted in all the war movies we've seen. I kid you not. I was left slack-jawed in wonder at the way they spoke to people.

I don't think it's just the frummers who are nuts.

The word, btw, means "Ultra-observant" or "-orthodox" and is one I picked up when I was living in West Hampstead, where quite literally all of my friends in the area were Jewish.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by rich23]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join