It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flouride in drinking water? Benefeits? Concerns?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Hi guys, I have been googling around trying to find decent sources on the dangers of water flourination. So far I have had very little success. Would it be possible to start a discussion in this thread and share all the information, links, and thoughts you have?

If there is enough evidence to support the end of water floourination, I would be very interested in going to city council and talking them into passing legeslation against flouride in our city water.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The 1950's called, they want their conspiracy back.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
If it helps you, I can say that I have stopped using flouride toothpaste and now use natural stuff. No evidence of tooth decay or bull$hit like the American Dental Association claims.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
This is a repeat thread to the nth power. I will never be able to read all the threads if ATS members do not visit the holy Book of Threads that the gracious and courteous Founders of ATS have provided for ALL members of ATS to review. And yes flouride is bad in drinking water. Thats 6 minutes wasted on ATS mumble mumble mumble...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
So what was the purpose of answering the thread then? Just report it as a repeat and move on

As for the OP...I've never liked the idea

I am not concerned the gov't is controlling me with it...it just seems so...toxic

Ever swalloed flouride at a dentist? I vomitted quite a bit when I did...granted the concentration is way different but still

IF flouride is really in the water...ewww

if not...oh well and time to press on

-Kyo

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Straight from one of the horses' mouth - here's what my toothpaste's description says (translated from dutch): "Take caution to avoid swallowing toothpaste as much as possible. Consult a (dental) doctor if your child consumes fluoride in any other form. [..]"

In a way it's kind of funny.. Consult your doctor if your child drinks water? Huh.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
So there hasn't beeen any real evidence that flouride in drinking water is toxic?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happyfeet
So there hasn't beeen any real evidence that flouride in drinking water is toxic?

Tons, but why should we spoon feed it to you. Type FLUORIDE into the search and tons of results will ensue.

Then go drink a large glass of fluoridated water, and swallow as much tooth paste as you can.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

I have to admit that I was skeptical about most of the claims made about fluoride in the drinking water- how would they put something in the water to harm the people of their country?

I have been studying the pineal gland and its importance. The pineal has tiny crystals, sand-like- which stumped scientists for some time on their importance...just as the human brain contains magnetite- for an unknown reason.

We understand the human brain produces an electromagnetic field, and that the first radios used a crystal technology. Suddenly things become more important in light of this- only to find out that fluoride, over time actually builds up in the pineal gland- and alters the structure of these crystals.

That alone was enough to convince me to stop using fluoride- as it alters the natural structure of your transmitter/receiver. The changes in society since the inception of fluoride is indisputable. I realize there are other influences, but people don't relate to other people on a known level.

It is extremely similar to a 3rd generation animal raised in captivity- who does not recognize similarity- lacks ability to relate- when put in proximity to one raised naturally in the wild. The information being received from their environment has been altered and controlled. There is simply not enough change in the human environment over the last generation to explain this phenomenon- unless you consider the information being received by the human brain is no longer communicating the nature of the self correctly.

Cells communicate via bio-photons, and our universe pours out photons in a continuous wave. Fluoride changes the structure of our receiver/transmitter- and we are cut off from that wave of communication.

This is just my personal reason for no longer using fluoride. I know there are many others.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Yeah I don't swallow flouride. Don't see how ingesting something would help your teeth when brushing it on and rinsing it out does the job just fine.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Fluoridealeart is a good place to start....

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
Yeah I don't swallow flouride. Don't see how ingesting something would help your teeth when brushing it on and rinsing it out does the job just fine.

You are if you live in the US.

More then you know...

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I don't think it helps teeth, many studies for and against...im in the against crowd.Your average person day in day out i dont think the amounts of sodium fluroide would do any harm,even though it builds up.I don't think its an evil plan to make us all docile,just a cheap way for big business to get rid of a widespread waste product.Remember there are two types of fluoride that you will be ingesting most of the time calcium and sodium...completely different and calcium fluoride is very natural.All in all it shouldn't be in water imo,but the amounts even including build up in the system don't do any harm.It shouldn't be in something as vital as the water supply though many people are being forced to ingest chemicals they would rather not.Although there are many chemicals in food i would be more worried about than fluoride,but atleast people have the choice when buying food.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkeye1717
The 1950's called, they want their conspiracy back.
Lol.Where have the the conspiracy people been for 50 years if this was a serious health issue?Now lets talk Swine flu vaccinations...

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by 22-250
Fluoridealeart is a good place to start....

Thanks, this is a help.

Basically guys I want to have real data to hand to city council, not the ramblings of someone trying to sell me a water filter.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
There are loads of peripheral threads on fluoride on ATS, but you should definitely check out the Search function. Some threads just point to FluorideAlert, but still end up to be interesting: Fluoride and the Pineal Gland for example. Apart from single experiments you may want to check up on the National Research Council and the EPA - they are the institutes responsible for setting the limit of for example 4 parts per million for fluoride, and they need the results of experiments to decide what to set the limit to.. A relatively recent (2006) review of such studies tells us the following:

The current “maximum contaminant level” for fluoride, 4 parts per million (ppm), was set by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to protect adults from crippling skeletal fluorosis, a severe arthritic bone disease. The NRC advises EPA to lower this standard because of strong evidence linking fluoride to bone fracture, joint pain, and damage to teeth.

www.fluoridealert.org...

I hope your city council can be satisfied by the views of the official national scientific research institutes.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   

No fluoride.

Nothing into your water.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   

No fluoride.

Nothing into your water.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by king9072
Tons, but why should we spoon feed it to you. Type FLUORIDE into the search and tons of results will ensue.

The country's water is naturally flouridated in many many areas. There is even more area than that map because my area is not on there yet it is naturally flouridated.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Just wanted to add guys, I wasnt trying to get data handed to me on a silver platter. When googling the topic you run into a minefield of websites that are really trying to sell you water filters or magic powder.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join