It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When uploading media i get SQL Server error...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
As the tittle goes most of the times when i upload media i get the:

SQL Server error...

That's a big problem... with consequences such as below:

-I cannot upload at all from that particular PC so prepared media goes wasted along with potential thread/s.

-Total waste of time.

-Frustration

Please correct the problem or tell me what i am doing wrong.
Am i the only one with this problem?

Respectfully,
GTG

p.s. : I should stress that ATS quality is very high in all aspects
and i am pretty happy besides this glitch...

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
What browser are you using?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by booda

Its the same problem whether in mozzila or explorer...

Amost always mozilla to cut a long story short...

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
can you try again when you get a chance and screenshot the error...

also, do you using anything that links to SQL. Are you hosting/running any databases that have a SQL linked to them....

Possible that you have a virus/malware but we can get to that later....

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I think i know. Maybe you've reached the limit for uploads in your media account... It's a possibility. But then again, maybe i'm wrong... How much media did you upload so far?

Edit to add: You uploaded 53 items to your media....

[edit on 12-7-2009 by lagenese]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by booda

i will try that sql error upload straight away...
give me a couple of minutes

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by lagenese

could be....
Where are the mods?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
George,

We have had several uploads just today with no issue. I have to think it's on your end mate. Sorry I can't be of more help, but, "booda" appears to be on the right track, work with him and you will most likely get the issue resolved.

Springer...

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by booda

There you go:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/8e56e8767a9dbe4d.jpg[/atsimg]

media.abovetopsecret.com...

No i do not run any such databases...

Do not have a clue about that stuff anyhow...

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

It there a limit for uploads in the media account of a member? I'd like to know, because i know someone who has the same problem...

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

OK

Thanks

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

On the other hand i should stress that this happens at varying PCs at different times ever since the creation of ATS Media....

I will try to resolve matters with Booda as you suggested

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Judging by the error message it appears that you have some kind of database/website hosted locally

Do you do any web design or have you played about with hosting anything locally on your machine...

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by booda

Yes for the past week or so but the problem dates long before that....

I have my better half using Dreamweaver CS 4 on two of the machines.

In everycase it was happening before and still happens in my home PC where there is no such software.

I do not see how it is linked if the software was not run to begin with

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

well it makes it kind of difficult when you say its on two PC's. What Id recommend is using Malwarebytes on both PC's in case it is a virus and its been transferred via USB or some other means....are they both connected to the same network and use file sharing etc....

Anyway, just to eliminate it being a virus/trojan run malware on both PC's, make sure after the install you update it and do a full system scan....sometimes you need to run the software in safe mode in case anything like SQL is running....

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I get that same error message no matter the size of the video i try to upload. I am not hosting anything. Should i delete the videos people are still watching?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
has your other half installed IIS in the past - if she's into web design she may have installed IIS to test out webpages locally on the PC's.. build the page in dreamweaver then hosting it locally to test....

Ive had this problem before when I was messing around with Joomla

I had many problems which were browser related and ended up takng IIS off and many many other things which I cant remember now to get back to normal....

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

try the obvious things first - delete entire cache/temp files/history/cookies etc but may want to save usernames/password unless you remember all of them.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The error messages are from the ATS servers, not a local service. Apparently ATS runs a video converting script when you upload your video, but the codec you have used for your video, FFMpeg, can't be loaded. At least that seems to be the problem (Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/modules/ffmpeg.so').
Subsequently, no MySQL connection is made before a call to mysql;_real_escape_string (a function that requires a live connection). Maybe the connection is made inside an error catcher (try & catch) - it catches the video codec error, but doesn't quit the script and thereby dies on any MySQL request.

If I'm on the right track at all, you could try to use a different codec. Just convert your video to any other codec and try again

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by scraze

nice one - your solution makes sense now when reading the error messages. My IT knowledge when it comes to this kind of stuff is limited...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join