It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gay Agenda---Making America A Little More Gay Everyday!

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by toochaos4u

I feel for you toochaos4u. It's much harder for a woman in the same situation as me. You are generally more timid and gentler out of the two genders. You are a stronger person than me. While I don't like violence, sometimes it is a necessity. But yeah, if you believe you can handle yourself in a physical confrontation with ANYONE who does anything of the sort toward you, then smack them one. ONLY if you feel no further harm will come to you. Otherwise scream like a banshee my dear. My experiences haven't put me off gay people as a whole. AT the end of the day we are all people and there are good and bad ones.

I like to think they will think twice about trying it on with another straight person. It's not all gay people who react in this way as you know. It gives the good honest gay citizens of the world a bad name. But don't forget there are heterosexual people who react the same way toward heterosexuals too.

My your standards are pretty high if you only see 1 in 100 males as attractive lol physical attraction between two individuals is a must but true beauty and attraction, for me, come from within. Oh and a nice set of eyes is a must lol.

If you haven't already then read through some of the posts. They are both funny and enlightening.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Why thankyou friend.
Several, you say?

Why, thankyou again i guess

Oh, and i just thought id add you as a friend for that kind remark

Jacob

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by itchy_tartan_blanket

yes put off...I apologize if my wording wasn't strong enough for you.

Now I am going to take the high road here and say I was in the wrong by not fully explaining the words 'presumed factors.' I meant that in my opinion the factors didn't seem that they were homosexual it was that you were harrassed. However, you being you and me not knowing your mind I was wrong. -shrug- What are ya gonna do.

So essentially you have this massive problem that two homosexuals harrased you. So you reacted in the only possible way by beating them down.

You asked back and I will respond. If two attractive girls approached me in the same way I would say no thank you and move on. Seeing as I am married and I don't know these two girls I am very disinterested. I would react the exact same with two women as I would with two men (which has happened to me, although not with two men, just one). He was under the impression I was gay and I was not. He tried basically to talk me into it and I explained that while flattering, I was not interested.

I am just getting at the point that there are women who will persue a man in the exact same manner as these two gents did towards you and yet when that happens, the male ego pops in and says hey 'two hotties are coming after me! That's awesome.' Yet if two gay men do the same actions they get beaten up apparently.

Now...as you stated, my opinion was wrong. Ok, let me do something so few people in this world do anymore. I admit I was off on my opinion. Now why you had to take the route calling my point ridiculous and pointless and jump into some rant about me in the shallow end is beyond me, but hey we all have our approaches to things.

I made an attempt to approach a situation and I was wrong. Big deal, my pride and mental status are still intact and I am not fragile now. Ok so you issues are indeed with homosexuals then. I just hope you don't label all homosexual men in the same light as these two obvious bad individuals.

Oh...there was one final point I had...and I really don't think this is pointless

If your situation is true and accurate then let me ask this as a hypothetical to anyone who wants to answer

Why is this poster's situation horrid and vile when a man who ruthlessly harrasses a woman isn't? I have seen a few times where a guy will harrass and when she complains or fights back she is a tease or just being too sensitive?

Oh and I can't forget my ongoing unanswered question...

How does homosexuality harm any of us personally?

-Kyo

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

Apologies KyoZero. No, seriously. This posting on forums malarkey is pretty 2-dimensional. I in no way meant my reply as malicious buddy. And hat off to you for admitting when you're wrong. It's a very rare action for any person to do either online, on the phone or most importantly of all, in person. I've never had a problem with admitting when wrong either. Having said that I still think your point was way off. I don't agree with harrassment of any kind whether it's sexual or what-have-you. A guy harrassing a girl is wrong. Vice versa.

I still don't understand how you can say it was nothing to do with homosexual advances? I'd welcome heterosexual advances because I'm heterosexual and decline homosexual advances for the same reason. It's pretty simple really...there were unwanted homosexual advances made against a heterosexual male. At first it was funny but then it wasn't. No means no as you know. The difference between a woman not taking no for an answer and this is I wouldn't feel physically threatened by a woman but two men is a different story gay or not. See where I'm coming from? I didn't band a posse together.

So essentially you have this massive problem that two homosexuals harrased you. So you reacted in the only possible way by beating them down.

You agree then? When diplomacy fails and you feel threatened the self-preservation instinct kicks in. I just want you and others to know that while I'm not proud of my actions I was left with no other choice and I'm not a "gay-basher".

To address your reaction to the two women thing...you're married. Ok you wouldn't accept a proposal of any kind which, if I was married, I wouldn't either. I'm very strict on that as well. Anything, within legal reason, is allowed as long as there is CONSENT.

Why is this poster's situation horrid and vile when a man who ruthlessly harrasses a woman isn't? I have seen a few times where a guy will harrass and when she complains or fights back she is a tease or just being too sensitive?

That is a sweeping generalisation but unfortunately does happen and is just wrong and as I said to TOOCHAOS4U I believe a woman is well within her rights to lash out but be careful if alone. Scream, slap, punch, bite, scratch, knee in the busters...whatever. :-)

How does homosexuality harm any of us personally?

I've already said how it can hurt me and others personally. Say for instance it's happened to another guy and he, unlike me has becaome anti-gay and goes around bashing homosexual guys about due to the incident? It is harming other innocent gay people who have never even dreamed of commiting such a thing. But heterosexuality can do the same thing...but yeah I agree that as long as consenting adults are involved in ANY sexual acts, homosexual, heterosexual, bisexual is ok as long as its behind closed doors. There is a time and a place for that sort of thing.

Closer to the end of my post, I'm beginning to see more where you're coming from but I think you need to develop your opinion a bit more. I'm trying to understand. really, I am. As an earlier post said, there is a very large grey area and each case would have to be taken individually.

But again apologies if you think I was making it personal or attacking you. I didn't use enough smiley's.
At the end of the day it doesn't matter how I intended it to sound it is how you take it and for that I'm sorry.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
More than likely I am not making my point clear enough and trust me you didn't hurt me at all. It takes a boatload to offend me.

My point is that harrassment is harrassment and whether it is guy/girl, girl/guy, guy/guy, or girl/girl it should be treated equally as wrong.

I think in reality that homosexuality does not harm us in anyway unless we let it harm us. I have had a guy try fairly hard to pick me up and I never once reacted with anthing but a no thank you. I am a person who believes alot can be solved without violence. Take you and I for instance. We clearly disagree on this situation but here we are staying civil and frankly quite amiable as well. I have no ill feelings towards you or anyone really.

So my point is I think homosexuals are not treated equally and that there are some poor excuses used when people want them to stay unequal

-Kyo

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

Violence is sometimes a necessity I'm afraid. At least until everyone is respectful of each other and their wishes. Or willing to sit and talk about their differences. We may not agree on what the cause of the incident was but we agree on the fact that essentially their behaviour was wrong.

I'm not going to justify my actions but they were necessary. And as i said in reference to the incident in an earlier post, I hope i've made them think twice about trying it again with anyone else. There is more of an underlying reason why I lashed out. I don't wish to delve into it publicly but probably wouldn't take a genius to work out anyways.

Let me put this to you. I agree it was harrassment obviously.....Would the incident have happened to me and escalated the way it did if the guys were straight?
Two average straight guys are hardly likely to pursue a straight guy are they?

After posting on this topic, I'm beginning to feel that using the terms gay and straight just don't seem right...do you know what I mean? In this day and age terminology is all important across a variety of subjects.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I've been following this exchange, and appreciate it, because the two of you are really ironing out some very fundamental issues.

I would offer to you that the persons who sexually harassed you were completely in the wrong, however consider that it wasn't their "gayness" that caused this, but the fact that they were just ..... bad people... [snip]-holes.

You sound like you've seen a lot, and I have as well. There are forceful, arrogant, derisive, .......... BAD people in all walks of life, culture and communities. Let me demonstrate:

What if they had been black men. Would you have then felt leery toward blacks, or just male homosexuals? You see what I mean? It seems to me like it was the issues of the personalities that accosted you, and they weren't representative of the gay community any more than you or I are representative of heterosexuals. It just is. There are turdbuckets everywhere. When I moved -- at age 17 -- from Utah to Los Angeles, maaaan, I had several eye-opening experiences -- some of them quite memorable. There were people that would press forward after seeing my negative reaction to their attentions. It was a game for some folks.

Anyone that has serious fears of sex being forced upon them has the right to react with unmeasured violence, IMO. I just think we have to be sure.

For what it's worth, I think you've been really frank and honest, and I don't see you as even close to a homophobe, but a person who has had negative experiences that feel to you as related to this OP.

You have the right to marry any woman who consents to marry you, along with the legal rights and priveledges that accompany that (taxes, insurance, etc.). Gays and lesbians don't currently have that right. It should be so, don't you think, that any two people who want to make a legal union should be allowed to do so? It cannot hurt any one of us.

Cheers, and thanks for the insights

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

When I first posted on this post, I had no idea I would be getting this involved and "ironing out some very fundamental issues". What would this incident be decided or defined to be in say, a court of law? I've been giving this a lot of thought off-line after reading your post and see more of where KyoZero was coming from.

Why do people always bring colour in to make a point in these types of matters?
There is only one race...the Human Race...oh and then there's Glasgow Rangers fans
But for the sake of the argument I'd still see them as gay guys...however...I do see that if it was in a court , it should be regarded as a sexual assault. I don't know if here, or Stateside, they differentiate the two as a homosexual or "just" a sex attack, which would be wrong...

There is the argument "what if they were straight? Would they attack a girl?" If they were straight would they have met? If they were straight then we'd have been talking about something else...There's loads of what if's. The fact is they were attacking for gay sex. To many people it is just a sex attack but for the rest it is a gay sex attack. Perhaps this is due to how the latter regard how it would affect a man? Psychologically a gay sex attack would be more damaging to a guy than say a heterosexual attack, would it not? Now this is where other peoples opinion don't matter. How would that individual feel about it? There's a stigma attached to anal stimulation of any kind for many straight men. Other men just see it for what it is to them...for waste disposal and prostate checks which many, many men find intrusive, violating...and that's their doctor but they are however necessary.

But if an individual was forced to have penetrative anal sex against his will - raped - by two men.....how does he see it? So for the sake of not offending a section of society, ie. gay males, it is seen as "just" a sex attack. And the perpetrators would be charged and convicted as so. I can't help but think for the individual maybe feel a slight sense of injustice?

I'm glad seeing both sides of this argument and all this is purely theoretical. When a woman is raped by a man, people understand why she is uneasy around men, no questions asked. It just is. Things like this have "turned" women lesbian, anti-male, celibate, into fanatical feminists...it has happened...yet say he turned completely anti-gay......be a man and get over it?

Again it's all theoretical, philosophical...I always say you can't please everyone. Understanding leads to compromise.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Yes. That was wrong of me to make that hypothetical example -- I could've used any demographic; the point was to look at it from a different angle, and not meant as an attack on your beliefs or feelings.

What you stated was more concise and along the lines that I was going as well -- anyone who is raped, or a rape is attempted has the right to respond with violence, as the presumption is that the attempt has already bypassed the stage where a person simply says "no". They have a right to defend themselves. In all of these encounters, IMO, ethnicity, gender, nationality, sexual preference isn't the defining characteristic -- the attacker is a sexual predator, and is not representative of their "group". If a man or woman attacks a child, they are not representative of their gender, just their mental abberation.

Again, thanks for being so frank and sharing your uncomfortable experiences with us; I have to think it helps this thread and everyone's understanding.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
It's really good to see the new direction this thread is heading. The first few 20-30 pages were like watching a tennis match; back and forth arguments were being thrown from both sides without regard to who won the point. Kinda like two players who are trying to set the record for the longest rally and not caring about the match. Now it seems like people are being more tolerant of the views of others.

In regards to the harassment thing, the situation is quite murky. As a heterosexual male, I have never been hit on by another man and have never seen harassment (in a SEXUAL nature) of another man by a male. If I was hit on forcefully by a female, I do not think it would bother me much. As others have said, men are generally physically stronger and more aggressive than women and thus it would take quite a lot for a man to feel genuinely harassed by a female. Although this does happen, it is very rare. (Excluding Homicidal axe-murdering-stalkers I suppose.)

In theory, those who say that it should be equal for everyone are correct: harassment is the same if done by a heterosexual male or a homosexual female. The key factor I guess is also in the victim's interpretation of the events. Besides the other person being physically as strong and maybe as aggressive, maybe heterosexual men feel more threatened by homosexual advances because of what it might lead to.

At the end of the day as other people have mentioned, there are bad people in all walks of life. It is important to remember that colour, race, religion, sexual preference etc. does not make you bad or immoral. When bad things occur and you want to blame someone or something, just remember that the behaviour comes from an individual, not the whole group.

[edit on 20/7/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

The gay agenda?
Making America a little more gay.....

How is anyone making America more gay? It might be more out in the open....and what is wrong with that? You want the fags to go back in the closet? You feel safer that way? What are you afraid of?

When will human beings get to a point where they can live without hating some other group or groups of humans?

Here's the short list of people that American's either hate or used to hate. People or peoples that at one time, were fashionable to hate and some that still are:

Mexicans
Puerto Ricans
Blacks
The Chinese
Any Asians
The Irish
Italians
Jews
Polarks
Rednecks/White Trash
Blue collars
White collars
Canadians
Non-Americans
Hicks
Okee's
The poor
The rich
Politicians
Lawyers
Foreigners of any kind
Townee's
People from out of town
Strangers
Neighbors

Gays....

There have been homosexuals since the dawn of man......get over it. Why does it bother you unless you're in the closet...

[edit on 22-7-2009 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

Yet again, someone reads the OP and the sarcasm that is dripping from it is missed. Check your sarcasm detector, Excitable_Boy, and then reread the OP. LOL! But hey, you're not the first one! About one per page...

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by skeetontheconspiracy
I personally believe there is a gay agenda as you were saying. But in no way is a gay man more superior to me, a straight man.

I can make babies, without test tubes and genetic engineering and whatnot. So therefor I will always be far superior to any flamer.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Fertile gay men are capable of that too, although, unlike most, I tend not to judge people by how fertile their sperm is.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
When I first read this thread I though maybe you were just trying to make a point how people can be insenstive. Reading further I realized you were for real?
First of all: i am gay and I have no agenda. I don't care if someone is straight gay, bisexual or transgendered. It's ok that there appears to be more straight people in the world and I am not about trying to turn people gay.
I actually believe that most people are bisexual by nature and lean more towards hetrosexuality or homosexuality.
There are incidences in nature of same sex partnering. Animals go purely on their instinct or nature so they really can not "sin". Human beings have labelled things as sins or unnatural to make themselves feel superior.
This saddens me that here on ATS where we are more open minded and free people can still hold these beliefs.
Many people who are so against homosexuality are afraid they might be a homosexual themselves and are very insecure in their own sexuality.
That is really sad.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeetontheconspiracy
I personally believe there is a gay agenda as you were saying. But in no way is a gay man more superior to me, a straight man.

I can make babies, without test tubes and genetic engineering and whatnot. So therefor I will always be far superior to any flamer.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

You speak the TRUTH and nothing but the truth.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
ok this is just a thought just throwing it out there
maybe mars is earth in the future and history always repeats its self exatcly maybe in a thousand years there wont be any sex at all and we use testube babies and girl and boy no longer exist maybe aliens have already gone through that transition and that iswhy they need humans to breed with by inplanting i dont actually beileve in aliens just wanted to post it lol

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
and plus if anybody has seen bruno it is disguting penis spinnin in the middle of the screen they are trying to get us used to gayness forcing it upon us it didnt even look at the sreen for half the movie

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tdrowe2008

Hate to break it to you, but 'Bruno' is the brainchild of a straight comedian. So, if anyone is trying to 'get you used to it', it's one of your own.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Yeah, using Bruno as a means of saying that the Gay community is force feeding something to you is a very weak.

Sasha Baron Cohen is a straight actor who made this movie in part to show how ridiculous homophobia is.

But it's suppose to make you feel like you did in the theater friend. His comedy isn't the gold standard, we all remember Borat.

I have yet to see the film, most likely will, but in any case, that's obviously NOT a representation of the gay community.

Actually a simple search in Google will reveal multiple articles from the gay community that show distain and some outrage over some of the scenes.

Edit To Add:

The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation
Although intended to expose and skewer homophobia, the film has been criticized by members of GLAAD for reinforcing negative stereotypes.

Source

~Keeper

[edit on 7/25/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

and plus if anybody has seen bruno it is disguting penis spinnin in the middle of the screen they are trying to get us used to gayness forcing it upon us it didnt even look at the sreen for half the movie

I hate to remind you but straight men have penises too...lol

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join