It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gay Agenda---Making America A Little More Gay Everyday!

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

At first I thought you were being sarcastic but you must've read my mind...the "no - really part" lol

I'm glad my post wasn't taken the wrong way by someone :-) but it's hard for me to be pro-gay when that sort of thing happens you know? Especially when so many gay men (in particular) act the way they do with the whole "I'm here, I'm queer, get used to it attitude" which I personally find arrogant. I don't go around being pro-striaght... Most gays are HETEROPHOBIC, in my experience lol Lesbian women are sooooooooo different! Have you yourself or any other people noticed this?

But I've never before had the piss ripped out of me for being straight until then! lol I still laugh when I think about it.

I don't know if I'm cute - that's for others to decide...well maybe i am to gay guys or they see me as a challenge I really don't know...my mannerisms (not gay!) and personality are funny and have been described as cute; I can be quite intense which may be misconstrued...i dunno.

It seems to me that gay people, amongst other groups, spend too much of their time harping on about themselves and need to chill out a bit. You can't expect everyone to accept you. We are all entitled to our views and opinions. At the end of the day it's the person that's important - how they treat you, address you, help you and arrogance IS an ugly trait whether straight, gay, muslim, jewish, old, young, white, green, tall.....etc etc etc

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by itchy_tartan_blanket

Sadly, I must agree with your post. There is a section of our group that is entirely too 'in your face'. There is also a section of our group that is heterophobic. Usually, they are one and the same. While I cannot and will not excuse this behavior, as it is unattractive in anyone, I might be able to explain why they are this way. They tend to be the more flambouyant of our ranks, and thus unable to really remain in the closet. The secret is out, whether they like it or not. They tend to be on the receiving end of homophobic hatred, from family, friends and the general public more than those of us who are more manly. This makes them bitter and vengeful, thus the behavior. I think that if the nastiness and hate were to become nonexistent, then so would this behavior. Cause and effect. It's the ingraining of Judeo-Christian values into the very fabric of society that is the cause, this is just the effect.

If you were to meet me, you would never know that I was gay unless I or someone else told you. I never bring it up in conversation unless someone else steers the conversation in that direction. I don't hide it, but it's nobodys business either. Most of my friends are straight, and they respect my privacy in these matters, and I respect theirs (unless of course, they dare get into a 'who can gross out who' contest!). I have straight friends in almost every demographic. It can be done, but both sides need to meet in the middle, showing the other side the same dignity and respect that they show their own side. The 'Shock Value' attention to the cause only stands to set the cause back, not move it forward. Regretfully, NO ONE on Earth can reign in an 'in your face', heterophobic homosexual, not even me! I wish I had a solution to that problem!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by itchy_tartan_blanket

At first I thought you were being sarcastic but you must've read my mind...the "no - really part" lol I'm glad my post wasn't taken the wrong way by someone :-) but it's hard for me to be pro-gay when that sort of thing happens you know?

no - not sarcastic at all

thing is - you want to be pro - you keep implying that you might not be - but you try...but they make it so hard - but then...

:-)

forgive me for finding the humor in your predicament - but your honesty is appealing

you're about as open minded as it gets - going by some of the statements you've made - but you're just like so many straight guys I know - you're just so straight :-)

Especially when so many gay men (in particular) act the way they do with the whole "I'm here, I'm queer, get used to it attitude" which I personally find arrogant.

well - thing is - ages and ages of discrimination will do that - don't you think?

Really - don't you think? It bothers you - because - it's not your issue - and by that I mean - I think you actually ARE tolerant. It's a complication people never factor in - people who don't have issues with a group feel slighted and bothered by the implications of the whole "we're here - get used to it" statement - they feel: I haven't done anything wrong - quit yelling at me

it happens all the time - with other minority groups, political groups...

And - it all goes towards the we're all human argument - pretty sure any of us would be as vocal and angry and out about who we are if we hadn't ever been allowed to be out - and were actually persecuted for just being what we are

But I've never before had the piss ripped out of me for being straight until then! lol I still laugh when I think about it.

it shows me that things are moving in the right direction - maybe you don't see what I mean -but - when everyone is free to discriminate - now - that's equality! :-)

I don't know if I'm cute - that's for others to decide...

just guessing really - not everyone gets hit on that often - in one lifetime even :-)

It seems to me that gay people, amongst other groups, spend too much of their time harping on about themselves and need to chill out a bit.

they will when it's no longer necessary -

it's not that simple - there are plenty of people who actually hate them - just read through most of these threads and you'll see - we have to fight this sort of thing

You can't expect everyone to accept you. We are all entitled to our views and opinions. At the end of the day it's the person that's important - how they treat you, address you, help you and arrogance IS an ugly trait whether straight, gay, muslim, jewish, old, young, white, green, tall.....etc etc etc

you see - that's exactly what this is all about - what kind of person we are at the end of the day

don't take it personally is all - all this fussing and fighting is going to be with us for quite a while yet I'm afraid - we need to try and remember the reasons behind it

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Has anyone seen those stupid AD council commercials trying to get kids to quit saying "That's so Gay"

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by theEXxman

Well, quite frankly, because the saying is insulting, I don't find them stupid at all. If kids were saying "That's so *N-bomb*", would you have a problem? If kids were saying "That's so beaner", would you have a problem? Unless you've sucked a ____ (or eaten a _____ for the ladies), you are not qualified to decide what is or what is not 'gay'. We can decide that for ourselves, thank you very much.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
I saw this on a person's blog. Maybe this will help open the eyes of some people who think that gay's are trying to "push their agenda" on the rest of us. They are people too, in love, with kids and a genuine affection for each other that goes beyond the boundaries of sex and fetishes.

When you can't see (emphasis mine)

You’ve just arrived home. The kids, having gotten home from school a few hours earlier, are going about their usual business. You walk into the kitchen and throw your briefcase on the counter, grabbing a glass out of the cupboard. As you walk towards the fridge to get some orange juice the phone rings, diverting you.

You pick it up. You stand there in stunned silence. The voice on the other end of the line informs you that your wife has been involved in a serious car accident.

You immediately hang up and dial your neighbour. You ask them to watch the kids while you go to the hospital, telling them that you’ll inform the kids of the situation once you know more. Your neighbour, who you’ve know for years, is aghast, but assures you that they’ll drop everything and come over.

The glass that you had grabbed remains empty on the counter, you grab your keys, get in your car, and drive like a madman.

On the way to the hospital your whole life flashes in front of your eyes – the seventeen years of marriage, the night you first kissed her, the look on her face when you asked her to marry you, the tears that filled the corners of her eyes as you were pronounced man and wife. The hard times are forgotten, the good times surging to the forefront of your memory – the birth of your children, the vacations, the laughter, those silent moments when you stared at each other in bed at night contented and at ease with yourselves.

You get to the hospital, park in a two-away zone, run into emergency, find the desk, ask where she is, and…

…you can’t see her.

Imagine that. Because that is the reality faced by many gay and lesbian couples in that exact situation. They are not considered immediate family, even if they have been together for decades. At that desk, with the one person that means more to them than anything possibly facing death, they are stopped.

I’ve read and heard a great deal about God in my life. If you’re of the opinion that God’s will is represented at that desk when a gay or lesbian person is stopped, then what is there to say other than God help you.

Nice, very nice. Star

Harm None
Peace

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Now a lot of people think that "religion is the opiate of the masses" and it is meant to control people, the church, this and that. That is not true. Why would someone want to control homosexuality?

1) Because God states that it is wrong. The three of the Abrahmic religions confirm this.

Torah:"[A man] shall not lie with another man as [he would] with a woman, it is a to'eva" (Leviticus 18:22).

The Bible:"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders. (1 Corinthians 6:9)"

The Koran: "Of all the creatures in the world, will ye approach males, And leave those whom Allah has created for you to be your mates? Nay, ye are a people transgressing (all limits)! They said: "If thou desist not, O Lut! thou wilt assuredly be cast out!" He said: "I do detest your doings:" "O my Lord! deliver me and my family from such things as they do!" So We delivered him and his family,- all Except an old woman who lingered behind. But the rest We destroyed utterly. We rained down on them a shower (of brimstone): and evil was the shower on those who were admonished (but heeded not)! Verily in this is a Sign: but most of them do not believe. And verily thy Lord is He, the Exalted in Might, Most Merciful." (Qur'an 26:165-175)

Seems interesting that all three books spanned over thousands of years have the same teachings...the same type of language and fluidity. Are you saying that the same "evil genius" person who wants to control the world wrote all three books over the course of a thousand years? I would like to see this person. The reason there is no person is because it came from the same god and god does not like homosexuality. Simple.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Now a lot of people think that "religion is the opiate of the masses" and it is meant to control people, the church, this and that. That is not true. Why would someone want to control homosexuality?

1) Because God states that it is wrong. The three of the Abrahmic religions confirm this.

Torah:"[A man] shall not lie with another man as [he would] with a woman, it is a to'eva" (Leviticus 18:22).

The Bible:"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders. (1 Corinthians 6:9)"

The Koran: "Of all the creatures in the world, will ye approach males, And leave those whom Allah has created for you to be your mates? Nay, ye are a people transgressing (all limits)! They said: "If thou desist not, O Lut! thou wilt assuredly be cast out!" He said: "I do detest your doings:" "O my Lord! deliver me and my family from such things as they do!" So We delivered him and his family,- all Except an old woman who lingered behind. But the rest We destroyed utterly. We rained down on them a shower (of brimstone): and evil was the shower on those who were admonished (but heeded not)! Verily in this is a Sign: but most of them do not believe. And verily thy Lord is He, the Exalted in Might, Most Merciful." (Qur'an 26:165-175)

Seems interesting that all three books spanned over thousands of years have the same teachings...the same type of language and fluidity. Are you saying that the same "evil genius" person who wants to control the world wrote all three books over the course of a thousand years? I would like to see this person. The reason there is no person is because it came from the same god and god does not like homosexuality. Simple.

First of all, it seeks to control the majority. Secondly, it's the Tenakh, not the Torah. The Torah is the first five books, known to Christians as the Pentateuch, which were written by Moses.

And the last two books, the Bible and the Koran were written as sequels to the first, the Tenakh. There is also sufficient evidence that Mohammed created the religion to control his people. What most people do not know is that the Mohammed of history was a middle eastern Warlord. Where do you think the Islamic Fundamentalists like Osama got their ideas?

Now on to your God. In the first couple of thousand years after he revealed himself to mankind, he sent prophet after prophet, angel after angel, down here to meddle in human affairs. Then he sent down his kid, followed closely by 'The Prophet'. Since then, NOT A PEEP!!! No more angels, no more prophets, nada. Maybe the occasional 'Virgin Mary' tortilla, but nothing like it used to be. Maybe he got busy with some other ant farm and just forgot about us? Since we are 'God's' children, and if you don't do what Daddy wants, he sends you to a lake of fire, I'd say he's a really bad parent! Someone call Children's Services! Someone needs to take this egomaniacs kids away! You can keep your 'God' and his rules!

[edit on 15-7-2009 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

In any movement there will always be a hardcore minority that make the others look bad, most of them are decent people who merely want to be accepted as equals. I think America/UK is slowly becoming more open minded on sexuality, however they can't turn people gay unless they have some super secret machine.

However I do believe there is a conspiracy of reverse discrimination occurring at the moment mainly in sexuality and race, political correctness is making people fight for "equality" yet it seems that some are more equal than others (mainly in terms of race).

If we could stop grouping people it would be a great start, just accept people have a right to different beliefs and preferences, you don't have to respect them, but please respect the right.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Back at the turn of the Millenium, J.T. Thompson, a local gay artist, began distributing this bumper sticker in Key West, FL:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/40e370b9beb3.gif[/atsimg]
onehumanfamily.info

This is an appropriate place for such a notion to begin, as it is a very tolerant city. It is the only city I know of that the straight white males ran the KKK out of town when they tried to start up a recruitment drive down there. Everybody just gets along. In fact, since the sticker's inception, it's been adopted as the City of Key West's official motto.

There's always hope.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Two things:

1. Separation of church and state

2. All the sources you mentioned are splits off of the same belief system.

I'm not sure what you're even trying to prove citing religious sources that are based on the works and beliefs of men. But since you want to go down that road:

In any case, I abhor anyone to try and say that God wishes us to treat homosexuals like we do.

Let's see, to paraphrase:

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

"Thou shalt not judge"

"Love thy neighbor as though love thyself"

etc.

Lastly, Jesus never once spoke neither for nor against homosexuality. He spoke about every sin in the bible, and was even specifically asked which commandments were the most important and never once did he speak about homosexuality or HATING other people for the way they act.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

We are not his children, we are his creation. You say that mohammed was a warlord. So what if he was? What about warlords now a days? You believe history written that long ago by people without requiring proof, yet you do not believe God? Hmmm seems being a little hypocrytical? What harm would it do to believe in a god? You could even belive in him to "play it safe." Yet you are so willing to adamantly dismiss him. There will be a false messiah, the anti-christ who will come and perfom false miracles, yet the unbelievers will claim him to be the messiah. He will lay claim to prophethood first, and then to divinity. Yet the believers will reject him, because it is not truth, and know it. You do not understand the truth and reject the truth.

Yet what is the difference between me and you. I do not require proof for the truth. You want to see a a Steven spielberg special effects show filled with angels and this and that to believe? I still think that you or most athiests will not believe, even if God came down and showed himself to you. You will say it was just some weather phenomen.

What difference would it make to you to believe in a God and his prophets? How would it affect your life? It really would not in the least. I dont think it affects my life any different. I dont care what you do, but I want to understand your reason for not believeing?

Is it you need solid proof?

You dont like the idea that you were created?

You dont like the idea of an afterlife?

You dont like the idea of a heaven and hell?

Well theres lots of things that we didnt like that are true: Time is not a universal constant, Einstein proved it.

Guess what even Scientists (like myself) thought that the atom was the smallest thing....yea its actually not.

The earth is not flat, it is round. Dont like it? Well it is the truth. You didnt have the proof thousands of years ago, yet we sit here today and know it to be fact.

Dont belive in God, sure you can do whatever you want, yet in a few thousand years...if we last that long...we will know it to be the truth. Just cause you dont have the truth now, means it is not ready for it to be reaveled yet.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I do believe in God, just not your God. The God I believe in is a far more sophisticated, kind and loving being than the child God you subscribe to. The God I believe in would not even entertain the notion of intentionally allowing his creations to suffer eternal torment and sorrow. The God I believe in would never allow such a place as Hell to be created in the first place. The God I believe in IS love, IS forgiveness, IS hope. The God I believe in loves ALL of it's creations and will never cast them aside, even the ones who are filled with hate in this life. And my God speaks to me everyday! Blind Faith leaves you unable to see all of the possibilities.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

William Shakespeare; Hamlet, Act 1, Scene 5

Keep your philosophy, I'm cool with mine!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Well theres lots of things that we didnt like that are true: Time is not a universal constant, Einstein proved it.

Guess what even Scientists (like myself) thought that the atom was the smallest thing....yea its actually not.

The earth is not flat, it is round. Dont like it? Well it is the truth. You didnt have the proof thousands of years ago, yet we sit here today and know it to be fact.

Dont belive in God, sure you can do whatever you want, yet in a few thousand years...if we last that long...we will know it to be the truth. Just cause you dont have the truth now, means it is not ready for it to be reaveled yet.

I just thought there were some things in here that were amusing

Yet what is the difference between me and you. I do not require proof for the truth.

funny

I am no scholar - period - forget about the bible

I'm just curious - I've asked this question before - I've never received even one really good answer

how many words in the bible are actually dedicated to homosexuality - one way or the other?

how many excerpts can you provide?

serious question - I'd really like to know

I keep seeing the same little bits and pieces, but nunya13 just mentioned a couple things, and it got me to wondering - again...

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
The ironic thing about this thread is that there actually is a Gay agenda at work behind the scenes. The Powers That Be (TPTB) use this tactic as an effective way to divide us further. They know the topic of homosexuality strikes an emotional chord with so many people and is based off fear of our fellow humans.

The Gay Rights Movement (GRM) is a lot like Multiculturalism and Women's liberation in this sense. All these things look on face value like noble, reasonable and fair causes. But there is an additional layer to these movements that people do not fully realise. A much more sinister one.

I'll try being blunt for those who still do not see the truth.

- Those who fund and stress the importance of Multiculturalism do not really care about people learning about and embracing a culture other than their own.
- Those who fund and glorify Feminism and the Women's Liberation Movement do not care about giving females more rights or enabling mothers to build a career.
- Those who fund and support the GRM do not care about gay rights or making homosexuality more accepted and tolerated in society.

So, why are these movements funded and supported? Greed and control.

[edit on 15/7/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Well of course he forgives:
"All-Merciful, the Mercy-Giving"

But those who outright reject the truth?
"Fear the fire, which is prepared for the disbelievers."

"Truly Hell is lying in wait- a destination for the transgressors."

And I am not perfect myself. Yes I have done bad things. No one on earth is perfect.

I understand that you believe that god is merciful, yes he is...but hellfire is probably for the worst of people...like hitler or something. Do you think that babykillers, hitler...people of that sort really are seen in good light..?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Are you part of the same scientists who think that the Earth is only 6000 years old, or do you pick and choose which parts of the Bible to follow like a good Christian?

If that was the case, given the fact that Humans have been around for well over 100 thousand years, wouln't that mean that we'd have found it out by now? And how could you prove the existance of such a being? You couln't, not unless you died and came back.

You're right, not having the proof doesn't mean it does not exist. However, not having enough faith to trust another fellow human being in his reasoning, experiences and theories is a one way ticket to blind faith. Which is what destroyed religion in the first place.

Let's remember folks:

Common sense is the collection of prejudcies acquired by the age of 18.
-Albert Einstein.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

- Those who fund and stress the importance of Multiculturalism do not really care about people learning about and embracing a culture other than their own.

- Those who fund and glorify Feminism and the Women's Liberation Movement do not care about giving females more rights or enabling mothers to build a career.

- Those who fund and support the GRM do not care about gay rights or making homosexuality more accepted and tolerated in society.

bummer

and - what a gyp

so what do we do now? where do we turn?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

You're not getting it. I don't believe in your limited concept of 'God'. I believe in a much more complex Divine Being, that makes your version of 'God' seem childish, much akin to the Toothfairy or Santa Claus. Christianity was my starting point, and now seems rather childish to me. So you can continue to quote from your dusty ancient text, if it makes you happy, but you're wasting your time. It is like trying to convince your thirty year old kid that Santa is real. Just a waste of time.

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join