It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glint of light from the moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Ok,

A few months ago i was in Portugal on holiday, it was around 4 o clock in the afternoon and the moon was rising into the sky.
As i was on the sunbed relaxing i was looking at the moon, and i saw a really faint glint of light, like when a mirror reflects sun light from a distance.

I have no idea what caused it, i dont think it was a UFO or anything like that, but i definately saw sunlight reflected from where the moon was in the sky,

I couldnt see any aircraft in front of the moon in the sky to reflect the light so i am really unsure what it could possibly be.

Anyone seen or heard of something similar like or is it a natural phenomenon im completely unaware of?

Any opinions would be grand!
- R -

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
search the term sundog

sounds like that could possibly be what you seen.
google image it.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Well, there are a few mirrors on the moon left by the apollo missions to reflect back laser signals from earth. Could you have been lucky enough to see the sun reflecting from one of them?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Nope defo wasnt a sundog, however, they loook wiked!

It really did seem like a glint off a mirror, but the object must have been huge to be seen by me, or maybe i was in a perfect spot and the sun glinted off an object left on the moon,

what are the odds of that though??

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
There have been reports for CENTURIES about strange lights, lightning, weird phenomena on the moon, from extremely credible sources.

If you look up NASA Technical Report 277, before the moon missions, NASA put together a Chronological Catalog of Reported Lunar Events, dating back to the 1500s, though there are reports that go back further than that, which show that this type of event has occurred MANY times.

What they are, who knows? But it does happen, and more often than people give credence to.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I agree with Jomina, it could be TLP (Transient Lunar Phenomena).

As was said, reports of strange lighting and flashes, and similar effects and weird goings on have been recorded down through the ages.

You were lucky to get a glimpse, if that's what it was..
or it could have been a child's small foil helium balloon that got loose..

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
A transient lunar phenomenon (TLP), or lunar transient phenomenon (LTP), is a short-lived light, color, or change in appearance on the lunar surface.

Just had a look at some of the TLP reasons and rather interesting to say the least,

en.wikipedia.org...

Electrostatic phenomena
It has been suggested that effects related to either electrostatic charging or discharging might be able to account for some of the transient lunar phenomena. One possibility is that electrodynamic effects related to the fracturing of near-surface materials could charge any gases that might be present, such as implanted solar wind or radiogenic daughter products.

Impact events
Impact events are continually occurring on the lunar surface. The most common events are those associated with micrometeorites, as might be encountered during meteor showers. Impact flashes from such events have been detected from multiple and simultaneous Earth-based observations.

Outgassing
Some TLPs may be caused by gas escaping from underground cavities. A number of these gaseous events are purported to display a distinctive reddish hue, while others have appeared as white clouds or an indistinct haze.

Seems quite possible one of these may have been the reasons, anyone elese have a similar experience or got any pics of what they might look like?

new topics

top topics

join