It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO(not ISS) flying low - Dundee Scotland 7/09 (video)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Perusing some videos and found a clear one.. Big ufo filmed over Dundee Scotland filmed 03 and 08 July 2009. Some of the comments suggest that it is a jet fighter or ISS but seems too low and too bright, also there isn't the sound associated with a jet flying overhead. Not certain but definitely interesting.. probably just another alternative fuel vehicle in test.

this is not the ISS. it flies below some clouds at 1:13 and then begins ascending during the latter part

[edit on 12-7-2009 by kronos11]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Its been discussed here already. That is a video of the ISS. Apparently it was brighter than usual because it got new panels put on...

PEACE!!!

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus
Its been discussed here already. That is a video of the ISS. Apparently it was brighter than usual because it got new panels put on...

Is this serious? I doubt something in orbit would move that fast and according to the witness it was low in the sky. I think that is apparent from the video.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kronos11
I think that is apparent from the video it is below the clouds.

It's clearly visible that it is above the clouds, and objects in orbit move very fast, that's why they do not fall.

I wonder why this was filmed from a TV or computer screen.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Check out the second video i just posted from the 8th.. it is clearly flying below the clouds. It just does not seem reasonable that an object in orbit would move so quickly.. Ive seen sattelites and they do not move fast to the naked eye.

anybody else?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kronos11

I don't know how to put a link to the thread in my reply but search "low flying object" and you should find it. Its the ISS.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Until I hear from an expert that a big thing like that would move that fast through the atmosphere as well as give off the appearance of flying low in the sky not only to me the video watcher, but also the guy who witnessed it.. I feel ISS improbable if not impossible. Are there any other videos of the ISS that look like this? I haven't seen one. Until I either see another video with of the ISS that looks somewhat remotely like this I would tend to believe that the ISS explanation is just another conventional cover up story.

this is what the ISS looks like. with or without new windows

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

I wonder why this was filmed from a TV or computer screen.

To me it appears that he has a low zoom on and he is filming night vision through a large bay window. but maybe not.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
In my opinion, this is the ISS satellite. I accidently fimed it on July 6. It looked just like this and it was moving fast too. It is understandable how one can mistake this for a UFO. It makes no noise, appears to fly low and is extremely bright. I didn't want to admit it myself, but sure enough it appeared again the next night just slightly off course then the night before.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
In the other thread about this video I also mentioned, the last time I saw the ISS it did not look like this. You should really bring your opinion to that thread and see what you get. Im not saying your wrong it could very well be something else, who knows...

PEACE!!!

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
All the readily available evidence shows this is the ISS seen through a CCD camera set to high gain. The brightness, the speed, the altitude and the timing are all exactly as predicted by the orbital data supplied by NORAD to anyone who knows how to use it (I do). The 2-line orbital elements are used by sites like Heavens Above to allow you to find when the ISS is passing over your location. That's what was demonstarted in the previous thread on this and the Dundee flyover parameters were accurate to the minute. I must assume you don't believe in such stuff.

WG3

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Looks like an illuminated point projected onto a window.
When watching the object 'move' over a significant distance the camera shows a guy next to the window a couple of times, without retraction of zoom nor panning.
Notice the overlay on the chimney at around 4m...?

[edit on 12/7/2009 by qubix]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by qubix.
When watching the object 'move' over a significant distance the camera shows a guy next to the window a couple of times, without retraction of zoom nor panning.

I saw that too and thought it was od. ArMap suggested that he was filming a screen. dunno?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by waveguide3
All the readily available evidence shows this is the ISS seen through a CCD camera set to high gain. The brightness, the speed, the altitude and the timing are all exactly as predicted by the orbital data supplied by NORAD to anyone who knows how to use it (I do). The 2-line orbital elements are used by sites like Heavens Above to allow you to find when the ISS is passing over your location. That's what was demonstarted in the previous thread on this and the Dundee flyover parameters were accurate to the minute. I must assume you don't believe in such stuff.

WG3

actually as you put it sounds fairly credible.. however I would be more at ease if someone else was able to film the ISS looking even remotely like this. every vid Ive seen of the ISS it looks like a planet at the best. Also how does this explanation account for ascent at the end of the second video? the object appears to asend as opposed to the straigh trajecotry shot in the first video.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by qubix.

I saw that too and thought it was od. ArMap suggested that he was filming a screen. dunno?

Maybe a laser pointer projected on to the window, easily switch-on/off-able when those darned chimneys appear..?

Just a thought..

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
It is most likely the ISS it is brighter now and will be as long as the new panels stay intact,(as opposed to brighter than usual) look for the Russian supply ship about a minute behind it,much fainter but still visible to the eye.
Here's a link for transit times,

spaceweather.com...
this is for N.Ireland,look for your area, there is a flyby around midnight tonight.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

every vid Ive seen of the ISS it looks like a planet at the best.

Then you've not seen the good ones.

Also how does this explanation account for ascent at the end of the second video? The object appears to ascend as opposed to the straight trajectory shot in the first video.

It doesn't ascend. He loses the ISS behind the clouds around 2:50. From then on he searches for it, finding only bright stars, which appear at higher altitude. Their apparent motion is simply due to the passing clouds.

These are amongst the better amateur videos of ISS flyovers I've seen. The camera appears to have a good lens and has a high CCD gain ability. This explains the high apparent brightness of the ISS and notice the many stars that are also picked up. That's very rare in amateur videos. This is a well mounted camera and has well controlled tracking.

As for the timings, well I explained the use of orbital elements and how sites like Heavens Above use them. Here's the Heavens Above listings for the ISS over Dundee, Scotland for the period in question. I've highlighted the relevant days in yellow.

ISS over Dundee, Scotland

You'll see that the two videos were made at exactly the times predicted for flyovers. The second video shows a greater elevation (31 vs 25 degrees maximum elevation), because the ISS orbit had precessed that much in the intervening days.

Any further questions, please ask.

WG3

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Are you sure it is really the ISS in the second video you posted "ISS over my house", have you seen the way this object is moving?

I also think the footage have been recorded from a screen, the only way to know if this is the ISS or not would be to ask the guys the give us there exact location and try to see on a website if the ISS were flying there or not.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by waveguide3

every vid Ive seen of the ISS it looks like a planet at the best.

Then you've not seen the good ones.

WG3

can anyone post one that looks even remotely like this reported to be the ISS? I know you said the guy has a really good camera but in contrast with the chimney the zoom is not that high it seems.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Saw this last night fly over my house in Kent UK at midnight.And I saw it two nights ago at aprox 10pm.You think its a plane until it gets overhead and its still really bright and without any navigation lights. I am going to try and film it tonight anybody know what time it will fly over me .Cheers

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join