It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET’s would not visit us directly.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Assuming that visiting ETs are thousands or millions of years ahead of us they would probably would have conquered death or at least extended their life spans by leaps and bounds beyond ours. Their lives would be that much more valuable to them. Looking at it from a logical or dispassionate point of view, their lives of thousands of years of learning and experience would be considered more valuable.

If this is the case they would send some kind of expendable medium, robot or organism to investigate or interact with the potentially hostile or volatile beings like humans at least in the beginning. The real ET’s would probably monitor or “experience” the encounter at a safe distance.

This is exactly what we do with Mars. We send robots and relay information back to ourselves to “experience” what it might be like there while minimizing potential loss of life.

Any thoughts on this idea?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by BartS

Sounds possible but if they had such advanced technology why would they fear a 'primitive home planet bound tribe of humans'? If they had long lifespans then it would seem more likely they would rather learn and experience first hand and not second hand. Plus what about the countless accounts of the actual beings visiting Earth?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

What I’m suggesting is that they might be “experiencing” the visit firsthand by proxy. Our experience of Mars is quite primitive what may be possible through some sort of virtual reality or something like that. They may have technology that allows full experience through some sort of other being/robot (the “robot” being something much more advanced than what we could comprehend at this time.)

Us being primitive does not make us not dangerous. We are still able to cause harm through our technology, fear and instinctive behavior. Just ask anyone looking after animals at a zoo.

The beings visiting earth may be these “robots” possibly created from biological matter. This would allow them to come in contact without being at direct risk. This would explain why some ET’s look humanoid or even completely human.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Hi, BartS.

Originally posted by BartS
. . .they would send some kind of expendable medium, robot or organism to investigate or interact. . .

That IS what they do. Read it there:

www.theparacast.com...

EDIT to add:
It may NOT be fiction, when you read CAREFULY what is in pageS 21 & 22 ! !
! It is a **false** disclaimer, for protection !

Blue skies.

[edit on 2009/7/12 by C-JEAN]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by C-JEAN

That is going to take some time for me to read. Thanks for that link.
Here is a link of Dr. Michio Kaku talking about types of civilizations. At 5:30 he speaks about exploring the galaxy.

I found this interesting.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Of all the theories I've read, I have to say I'm most sympathetic to the drone hypothesis. It explains a number of scenarios quite nicely. There are several cases where people have even reported firing a weapon at these interlopers and they get right back up.

It also neatly explains planetary impacts of potential off-world crafts. As Dr. Michio Kaku has pointed out time and again, who's to say a non-human species wouldn't spread itself throughout the universe by impacting the surface of planetary bodies, deploying sensory equipment and/or manufacturing copies of itself (i.e. von Neumann machines)?

For the sake of argument lets imagine there are little green men on Mars and that one of them observed the Mars rover crash land (@ 2:29) to the surface. A Martian skeptic might say, "A non-martian intelligence sent a craft all the way across the solar system, but they couldn't prevent it from crashing into our planet?!"

Unfortunately though without more information (ie/ was there a crash, how was this confirmed, what did the crash site look like, was it a debris field or controlled landing, etc) understanding the reason for the crash is speculation. We can neither derive confirmation for bias against "alien life" nor can we conclude extraterrestrial design until such a craft is publicly available to be studied by a team qualified to analyze composition and aeronautical principles.

However we can say based on our approach to exploring our solar system we do use unmanned probes and it fits in line with how we plan to continue to explore our galaxy and universe.

There's only one problem with the Drone hypothesis. If we are receiving drones that are observing us not only from orbit, but in our lower atmosphere, and by landing / impacting the planet, we should have sensed some form of intelligent signaling (RF / optical / etc).

It begs the question, why hasn't SETI heard anything? This suggests to me that these "drones" don't come from remote stars, but rather different physical dimensions or perhaps even time (though I'm inclined to believe time doesn't exist - it's simply a man-made concept / illusion). Or maybe we really are dealing with something that's truly transcendent.

Reason and logic only give us ideas where to look. We need more field equipment deployed to get answers.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by Xtraeme]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by C-JEAN

Read the disclaimer.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BartS

If this is the case they would send some kind of expendable medium, robot or organism to investigate or interact with the potentially hostile or volatile beings like humans at least in the beginning. The real ET’s would probably monitor or “experience” the encounter at a safe distance.

This is exactly what we do with Mars. We send robots and relay information back to ourselves to “experience” what it might be like there while minimizing potential loss of life.

Now, your reasoning makes sense, up until this point.

If they were that advanced, to expand their life span thousands of years, to travel millions of light years in space and be able to observe us without our knowledge, do you honestly think they are concerned with our weapons?

Doesn't it sound a bit silly that some super advanced race would fear any sort of damage from us? Not really. I'm sure they all all kinds of protection against our barbaric weapons and ideologies.

And yes, we send robots to Mars, because it's the only thing we can send. It's not like we already have the shuttle in place and we are just waiting to see if it's safe, we haven't developped that technology yet.

These ET's you speak of would have, there would be no need to send "robots" you could just go yourself and implement whatever stealth tech was available to you.

I think they are here, but realize that we aren't mature enough to understand anything bigger than ourselves. And we would be a detriment to the Galactic community, if we were given the tools to explore and colonise other bodies in our solor system and beyond.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

In my opinion the communication available to us serves our needs but if we were to travel light years and needed instant communication it would be useless. RF or optical would take too much time to reach the destination for it to be effective. There must be a different more efficient way to communicate through the vastness of space.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

The Mars example I used more of an example of virtually being there. However the sending of the robot to Mars instead of trying to send a human is safer. The technology to get people there is not that far off. If we worked on the problem I’m sure we could do it. I’m just not sure if the safety factor would be acceptable to the public.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Xtraeme

In my opinion the communication available to us serves our needs but if we were to travel light years and needed instant communication it would be useless. RF or optical would take too much time to reach the destination for it to be effective. There must be a different more efficient way to communicate through the vastness of space.

There are many theoretical FTL concepts for communication (as well propulsion), the main being quantum tunneling, there was a good theory I read about tunneling with a 'gravity antenna'. There also have been many breakthroughs in breaking the 'Light Barrier', recently radio waves were made to travel faster than light. I think there are other experiments where scientists have got waves to travel up to 5 times light speed. Not to mention the recent teleportation of an atom to a distance of a meter away. Work is going, just slowly and in small steps.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

reply to post by Xtraeme

As a network programmer, I can speak about this somewhat intelligently.

The way we currently communicate with our ships out at the ass-end of the galaxy is through Disruption-Tolerant Networking. This approach pretty much scraps the traditional TCP/IP model because in space you can't assume continuous end-to-end connections, but you still want reliable transmissions without dropping data. So we buffer-and-forward.

What's fairly exciting is we're finally figuring out how to control quantum entanglement. Meaning we can use "spooky action a distance" to instantly affect the quantum state of another element an arbitrary distance out. Back in 2007 a preliminary test showed we could do this even with rudimentary equipment ~90 miles from the source.

If we ever create a fully formed production piece of hardware capable of modulating and demodulating a quantum state to digital data it would be near impossible to intercept that data during it's transit in any sort of reliable or interpretable manner.

That said it is very possible that SETI isn't searching the correct medium.

However, these civilizations at one point would have used radio. It's altogether strange that we haven't picked up any form of intelligent signal from space. This causes me to lean somewhat in favor of the "inter-dimensional" hypothesis and makes me wonder if some UFOs represent something much more complex than anyone imagines.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I remember reading a few recent articles about breaking the light speed:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

abcnews.go.com...

www.physorg.com...

Here are a few for anyone interested.

Thanks for reminding me.

I believe that necessity is the mother of inventions. Since we may need this type of communication/travel in the near future we may figure out how to do it.

“RF or optical would take too much time to reach the destination for it to
be effective”

To clarify what I meant here is conventional communication that we currently use day to day.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

I’m not sure if we would be able to understand or decipher any alien communication even is SETI picked up anything. Even if a civilization has used radio at one time it would be a miracle if it reached us un-garbled which then may be interpreted as noise from space.
Disclaimer: I’m not a radio expert.

Quantum entanglement is an interesting subject and would be a perfect form to communicate but only between 2 places as far as I understand. There would have to be some type of “switch” to relay data to other sources. Now that’s a network.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by C-JEAN
Hi, BartS.

. . .they would send some kind of expendable medium, robot or organism to investigate or interact. . .

That IS what they do. Read it there:

www.theparacast.com...

EDIT to add:
It may NOT be fiction, when you read CAREFULY what is in pageS 21 & 22 ! !
! It is a **false** disclaimer, for protection !

Blue skies.

[edit on 2009/7/12 by C-JEAN]

WOW. Thanks for the link. I'm only on page 50 but I will be glued to this report until I'm done.

I understand the disclaimer. Unbelievers will tear this apart, but for those that believe - This is a must read!

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BartS

I agree with what you are saying to an extent. What you suggest is a possibility. I have to say, I have had encounters with beings of a higher intelligence since I was a child. I try not to use the term "Alien". As, that particular term has much Hollywood meaning behind it rather then something real we as humans can imagine.

I have researched the best I can other's experiences and compared them to my own. My own story is a very long one and will be saved for another time. My point is none of us really know for sure who or what these beings are. In regression, abductees state what the beings have told them their home base was, ex: Pleadies..ect.

In my opinion, I do not believe any extraterrestrial, interdimentional, or time traveling being has ever told the truth about their source of origin. It makes sense that they would keep this information a secret to protect themselves and their home from us, as we are hostile untrusting beings like any other, right?

These beings have so secretive about everything else, why tell the truth now? Their behavior is secretive ex: shutting down the subconscious of the abductee thus taking away our free will to defend our body and home, coming like a thief in the night, sneaking around.....

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
As to whether or not they are having direct contact with us humans or sending robots of some kind we don't know for sure either. I do not even know if the beings I had contact with were organic robots. I will say that each experience I had was unique in itself and no two seem alike. One being was very dark, another was bright and had a bright white glow to his skin. I say "him" because I did sense that particular one was a juvenile extraterrestrial that may have had human genetics in him. When a person has a contact with these beings sometimes they do speak telepathically to you, sometimes they just put ideas into your head. Some are aggressive, some are cordial. It is difficult to say if every kind of being is from the same place.

I personally believe these beings, some of them, are already living among us. Hidden away far below the surface and in our mountains and oceans.

I do not believe any of them are from our galaxy. Other galaxys? Of course possible. I believe they use wormholes and interdimentional, possible time travel.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
We are germy. Anyone read about what happened to the germs they took into outerpaces to study what happens? They become super virulant.
Something to do with the lack of gravity.
Would you like to go and visit a planet with a pandemic going on???
Ever seen the bathrooms in the John F. Kennedy airport???? We are
germy.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Abductee Chick

Wow your experience is fascinating.
I don’t have any way of knowing what the truth is. This is just an idea that would be logical from my point of view.

“One being was very dark, another was bright and had a bright white glow to his skin.”

Is it possible that they are just presenting different “beings” to see what our reaction is to them? I’m not saying that there can’t be different kinds of beings but just an idea.

If these beings are here it makes sense to infiltrate our planet to be able to learn about us. If I were them I would not tell us where we are from too. There would be no point and possibly risky for the future.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Aliens will only contact directly with those who are seeking desperately, truly seeking. These true seekers are seen as "mad" by society.

Those who are not "mad" will only get faint messages, nothing to aggressive or direct because it could make them seriously "mad", and they do not enjoy "madness".

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join