It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EG&G Security Guards

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
In almost every pictures of the Groom lake security guards, they try to hide or cover his face when some tourists are near or taking some photo. I know that they can lose their job, but; why they do it? What is the main reason they hide their faces?

www.ufomind.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Here's the full article the above picture is attached to.

Another Business Office Found

I wonder how people would feel if people were outside your place of business in a civilian location taking pictures of people on the grounds without their permission?

I know protesters don't appreciate the police taking pictures of them on public streets.

[edit on 7/12/09 by Ferris.Bueller.II]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Groomforce

That article was from 1996, do you have anything more recent????
2nd line............

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I would think the reason would be is privacy. If someone Identified them and found out who they were and where they lived there would be people breaking down their door for some kind of information about the test site. Even than you would here them say well I can you what a guard house looks like and a barren desert, But if you think I've seen the portal device thats in half life think again, all I do is watch a nothing nowhere road.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The work of these guys must be bored, in fact they are paid little, the only entertainment for them is when people approach the groom border to shot any photographs.

www.lazygranch.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Well, the guy's picture you posted works in Las Vegas, as the article stated:

While I was standing in the street, a man in plain clothes walked up to me from the first building, introduced himself as security for the building and asked me who I was.

And I don't see where around that building your picture of the truck could've been taken.

821 Grier Dr
Las Vegas, NV 89119

Maybe out in the runway area. I doubt it though.

[edit on 7/12/09 by Ferris.Bueller.II]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Well, this photo was taken in Bald Mountain. I assume that a percentage of the staff live in the city of Las Vegas, and these security guards maybe also. Anyway, I would like to clarify the question that I did in my first post.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Actually, I have a better photo from that day, but it shows their faces too clearly. That photo did help me identify some of their gear. They use MRK EDACS trunk radios in the 400MHz federal band and it looks like they have a GPS on the dash. That particular day they tried to drive past me to sit on their side of the border. However the road was washed out, so they had to back up and go past me.

It is best not to make enemies with the dudes. Often you are out there in situations where there are two of them, one of you, and no witnesses, if you know what I mean.

Bald Mountain is particular annoying for the dudes. They either have to take a rough dirt road all the way from the shack, or take Groom or Mailbox to the ET Highway, then drive up Bald Mountain Road. The response time is quite long, but there is so little you could actually do at Bald Mountain that the threat is very low. The worse case scenario would be you enter the range on foot at that location and they can't find you until the chopper comes out. There is a guy in the chopper that is armed, so this could get ugly if you do something stupid. Of course, crossing the border is already stupid.

At one time they used to send the chopper every time someone tripped the road sensors. It was great. I knew exactly where it would appear, which is how I got that video. But they stopped sending the chopper.

I've never done it, but you could camp near Bald Mountain. There is a spot along the road that leads to Sabio Creek, the northern most of the 3 main routes. The dudes would have to set up a camera to watch you or camp out with you. I camped out near the back gate once and they parked a camera on me. As soon as I woke up in the morning, they showed up.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
How is that on the URS Corp. website, in careers section there is no work related to military security in Nevada?, Ie; to find a camo dude job. They have a good cover-up, as they do not show any job related to what i'm exposing.

www.urs.apply2jobs.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

www.careerbuilder.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And as an FYI, Wackenhut is the EG&G security division.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Wackenhut is owned by G4S
www.g4s.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
And why at Groom Lake they not employ to the USAF security forces, instead of civilian contractors, like EG&G.

I guess that would have less "information leaks" if they employ a handful of security guards belonging to the Air Force, with high security military clearances, unlike the civilian contractors, they need to pass a background investigation before you can access a post of these characteristics.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The Security Forces Squadron at Groom Lake is a mix of USAF and contractor security personnel. It has been this way since the 1980s. This is pretty standard at most military bases now.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I hope you guys realize to be hired by EG&G/Whut you really don't need much more than a high school diploma. The "camo dudes" make about $40,000 annually and there ARE job postings on EG&G's website from time to time for security positions...but with turnover so low, you just aren't going to see job openings posted very often.

Bottom line, these guys are NOT highly trained, NOT dangerous, NOT secret squirls, ninjas, etc....they are guys who have a job as a simple security guard..nothing more. Oh and they are NOT allowed into MOST of the groom lake facilities. Just because you have a TS clearence doesn't mean you get access anywhere anytime you wish.

[edit on 7/18/2009 by rcwj75]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowhawk

I know of several USAF bases where the security force is now manned entirely by contracted civilian security guards, Patrick AFB and Cape Canaveral AFS are two such examples. From what I understand, the DOD wants to restrict the Army and USMC MPs, USAF Security Forces, etc entirely to combat zones and protect the stateside installations with contracted civilian guards which is stupid if you ask me. I can see using civilian guards to man the gates or watch the security cameras but I feel we need the actual military cops on all bases.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowhawk

Edwards uses the Kern County sheriff department in the mix. The thing with Edwards is you could be on base for a long time before actually reaching any infrastructure, let alone security. I'm guessing the Kern SD handles the area beyond the guard shacks.

Kern SD Mojave

new topics

top topics

join