It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Werewolf: The Beast of Bray Road(story on fox news)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gladius
type in Gable Film 2 on youtube and it will come up

I thought it was fake till i saw part 2, wow

yea, it was a little on the gory side...but i dont think theres any evidence to support that the second film is the aftermath of the events in the first...but if that is the aftermath...i dont know if a regular breed of dog...even wild...could or would do that...

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Ah yes, I remember the episode of MonsterHunter's that covered this story...It was quite interesting and they caught some rather...unusual sightings of something described like how the other witnesses described if I'm not mistaken, Though I've not seen it in awhile so please don't quote me on this, However I DO believe that werewolves or something close to them DO infact exist

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Mystery solved:

www.ghosttheory.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I have wondered for a time if this kind of creature may not be non-physical in origin, yet still be "real".

A Tulpa created by a group of people or even a shared hallucination, but a well developed on with specific characteristics?

Or, and this is even more speculative, if there was a natural magnetic or energetic field of a specific type in a give area, it could possibly trigger mental activity that creates a specific mental image in the minds of viewers.

These ideas are not mean to take away from the possibility of physical beings or transformations, just something else to consider.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I definitely believe that werewolves are real, but werewolves have a close connection to Satan.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
God don't any of you ever research anything before posting..it is a hoax and the film maker even came forward and said so.

MonsterQuest: ‘Gable Film’ Mystery Solved

Mike, the man who created the film and who went by the pseudonym “QuinlanOUR12″ on YouTube, went to extreme measures to create this film as a homage to Steve Cook’s “The legend” song/story. Everything in the film was faked. All for the purpose of creating a “Werewolf mystery film”. Snowmobiles, a truck, Ghillie suit, fake guts and blood and even an old 8mm ghillie_suit_jacket_pantsfilm camera was used to stage this. With Mike wearing the Ghillie suit and getting on all fours and faking this animal-like movement, he successfully manage to scare and convince many that there is a werewolf roaming around Michigan

deny ignorance people....please.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by joe82
For those of you who don't know about this story here's a quick description of the story for you.

The Beast of Bray Road (or the Bray Road Beast) is a cryptozoological creature first reported in the 1980s on a rural road outside of Elkhorn, Wisconsin. The same label has been applied well beyond the initial location, to any unknown creature from southern Wisconsin or northern Illinois that is described as having similar characteristics to those reported in the initial set of sightings.

Bray Road itself is a quiet country road near the community of Elkhorn, Wisconsin. The rash of claimed sightings in the late 1980s and early 1990s prompted a local newspaper, the Walworth County Week, to assign reporter Linda Godfrey to cover the story. Godfrey initially was skeptical, but later became convinced of the siity of the witnesses. Her series of articles later became a book titled The Beast of Bray Road: Trailing Wisconsin's Werewolf.

Description:
Most descriptions and eyewitness accounts are cataloged on Linda Godfrey's book Hunting the American werewolf.

The Beast of Bray Road is described by purported witnesses in several ways: as a bear-like creature, as a hairy biped resembling Bigfoot, and as an unusually large and intelligent wolf-like creature apt to walk on its hind legs, right up to 7 feet, on all fours 2-4 feet, and weighing 400-700 lbs.

Although the Beast of Bray Road has not been seen to transform from a human into a wolf in most of the sightings, it has been labeled a werewolf in newspaper articles.

Explanations
A number of animal-based theories have been proposed. They include that the creature is an undiscovered variety of wild dog, a waheela (said to be a giant prehistoric wolf similar to Amarok), or a wolfdog or a coydog.

It is also possible that hoaxes and mass hysteria have caused falsehoods and sightings of normal creatures to all be artificially lumped under the same label. Concurrently with the sightings in Wisconsin, there was a rash of similar encounters in the neighboring state of Michigan. Following the release of "The Legend", a popular song about the Michigan Dogman in 1987, author Steve Cook received dozens of reports, including photograph and film evidence of the creature. There is no known link between the sightings in adjoining states, other than the similarity of the creature described.

A number of animal-based theories have been proposed. They include that the creature is an undiscovered variety of wild dog, a waheela (said to be a giant prehistoric wolf similar to Amarok), or a wolfdog or a coydog.

Popular culture
The Beast of Bray Road appears in the television program Mystery Hunters as well as several books and a motion picture. Articles about it have appeared in Weekly World News. The sightings spawned a 2005 exploitation movie directed by Leigh Scott titled The Beast of Bray Road. The History Channel's TV series MonsterQuest launched an investigation on the beast, in which all witnesses were subjected to lie detector tests. The polygraph administrator could find no indication that any of the witnesses had fabricated their stories.en.wikipedia.org...

So whats your whole take on Werewolves?
Me personally, I believe there are things out there we can't explain, there are so many tales and sightings of strange "manlike" creatures all over the world.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by joe82]

[edit on 12-7-2009 by joe82]

Mod Edit: Added EX tags

[edit on 12-7-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The gable film was entirely fake and was not only featured on, but revealed as a hoax on monsterquest.

www.ghosttheory.com...
edit on 21-4-2012 by misfitsquid because: new content

top topics

<< 1   >>

join