It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Fran Area Town To Record Every License Plate Entering Town

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Looks like Big Brother has invaded the Bay Area. Wonder what other uses they can dream up for the information they're going to be gathering?

Tiburon may install license plate cameras

Welcome to Tiburon. Click. Your presence has been noted.

The posh and picturesque town that juts into San Francisco Bay is poised to do something unprecedented: use cameras to record the license plate number of every vehicle that crosses city limits.

Some residents describe the plan as a commonsense way to thwart thieves, most of whom come from out of town. Others see an electronic border gate and worry that the project will only reinforce Tiburon's image of exclusivity and snootiness.

"I personally don't see too much harm in it, because I have nothing to hide," commodities broker Paul Lambert, 64, said after a trip to Boardwalk Market in downtown Tiburon on a recent afternoon.

"Yet," he said, "it still has the taint of Big Brother."

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

There are a lot of questions about this one

Im on the fence with this

1 If the residents of the city all voted and agree with it so be it, its there city.

2 For people passing through might not like the idea; however if there is a way to by pass the city without going through the city let them build it. If the city is on a main road no.

3 If this is a private town where everything is owned by someone so be it they own it let them do what they want.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Why don't they just install GPS in everyone already and get it over with. All of these little baby steps that are working towards it are completely unnecessary and a huge waste of time and manpower. Plug us with the tracking chip and be done with it.

If I am going to be forced to be a sheeple then cut off all my hair. Stop taking small little bits off piece by piece.

It is like slowly crawling into an ice cold pool inch by inch. Better to just do a canon ball and get it over with.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
They already have GPS active on 60% of all americans, there called GPS enabled cell phones. 911 can tell where you are anytime of the day or night 24/7, this feature cannot be turned off. Do you honestly think the NSA, Homeland Security or any other goverment angency couldn't track you using this as well?

top topics

join