It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Challenge - show how easy it is to design a simple crop circle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
In an attempt to demonstrate just how difficult (if not impossible) it is to create a crop circle design, especially an extremely complicated one, in a wheat field purely by using one or more people on the ground (in other words, man-made), I'm asking all those ATS members who indeed do subscribe to the man-made theory to try the following test.

Imagine that you've been asked to create an extremely simple crop circle design in a farmers wheat field based on the following criteria:
- It's an average wheat field full of waist high wheat
- You can use any tool or device that you can carry into the field with you
and can go about creating the design in any way you see fit and can use
another person to assist you. No need for more people as this is going to be
a super simple design !
- You can also prepare before hand and create scale drawings on paper.
- You will be doing the design in pitch darkness but are allowed to take simple
light sources such as flashlights with you.
- You have to complete the entire design before daylight
- The design must be perfect and without flaws, alterations or corrections
- You must NOT leave any sign of entry or exit points, no collatoral damage to
wheat stalks that are not part of the design which means NO sign of
construction, footprints, etc.

The design as mentioned is incredibly simple by crop circle standards.
It's basically 2 straight lines (1 line is 50 meters long, the other line is 35 meters long). The lines both start at the same point but seperate from each other with an EXACT angle of 57 degrees.
Once the 2 lines have been created in the wheat, the far ends (opposite the angle) are to be joined by a PERFECT arc of a circle in the wheat.

Thats all there is to this crop design ... pretty simple, huh ? Should be sooooo easy to create ... shouldn't take long at all, hmmmmm ?

Ok, anyone up to the challenge to prove me wrong ?
Now tell me HOW you would create this design.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Ask these guys about how easy or difficult it is:

www.circlemakers.org...

[edit on 12/7/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Well obviously some people know how, you don't think mice or rabbits made them, do you?

You should know there is plenty of information on the Internet on how to make crop circles. Just google something like "how to make crop circles" and you'll come up with a lot of information. You should also know there are people out there making crop circles for a living too.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
OK./

Just to clarify:

you want

- two lines, one 50', one 35'
- their intersection point is 57 degrees
- they are to form an arc from the end of each line.

Is that right?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442

OK./

Just to clarify:

you want

- two lines, one 50', one 35'
- their intersection point is 57 degrees
- they are to form an arc from the end of each line.

Is that right?

Absolutely correct .. you can use feet if it's easier

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
You are aware there are videos of people making damn near perfect circles right?

I hate and loathe when I can't remember the name but the History channel years ago showed these two fellas above making a very intricate design in under 7 hours leaving no trails.

Look am not saying I can do it...I am geometrically stupid...but these guys have claimed and shown videos of many they made so clearly they can do it without any special technology.

A rope at whatever predetermined length and some flat boards with rope attached to them is how they performed theirs

so there ya go...I am not saying your other idea wasn't plausible but you keep resonating to use logic. Well if a video shows people doing a circle that came out beautifully and left no tracks...there is my logic

-Kyo

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
My trigonometry is a bit rusty, but I think I've got this right.

Materials:

- 2 people
- 2 tape measures
- protractor
- a couple of flashlights
- long, thin stakes (2cm square) with a nail in the end.
- snowshoes. 2 pair.

1) Enter the field via tractor tracks.

2) Put stake in ground. tie twine to rope. atttatch measuring tape to stake. push in another stake about a metre out on the left side of the line, and another one another metre out on the right. this will act as a guide to keep the line sighted on the correct angle. Put on snowshoes. Walk 50 feet/metres/cubits. Stop. That's a 50' straight line.

3) Tie second string to post. measure 57deg using protractor. Use sighting stakes as above.

4) Walk 35'

That gives you two lines in the wheat. With the snowshoes, they'll be good and crisp. Take the crampons off, though.

You've now got two people standing 42.6' apart in a wheat field.

If we were to imagine a line connecting them, we'd have the following triangle:
50'x35'x42.6', with angles of 57deg, 79.5deg, and 43.5deg.

We now want an arc.

Let's say the nearest tractor rut is 20' back. A fairly reasonable assumption, but it doesn't really matter where it is. Person B walks back his path, cuts across the tractor rut, and over to person A's line.

Taking the tape from from person A, he measures out 29.2' of line. this will serve as the radius, where the apotherm of the arc is our 20' to the tractor line. If it's more or less, we'll calculate that to fit.When he's standing on the tractor rut, and the line is tight, person A simply walks towards to other end of our triangle. If the line is kept tight, he will form a perfect arc from end to end. The height of the arc will be 9'

You now have three lines, as requested.

Two straight lines in the wheat, with an arc joining them. reel in the lines, pick up the stakes, and walk back out the way you came.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Well done vox...I'm really angry with me for not remebering the stupid TV show I saw...but the actual making of the circles was pretty damn impressive

-Kyo

top topics

join