It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lake Vida < Lake Vostok

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
An interesting connection to the recent Lake Vostok news I found while going through NASA's APOD archives.

antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

If living organisms are found in Lake Vida, they may give an indication that life might even still exist under similar frozen ice-sheets, such as under the larger Lake Vostok, parts of Mars, and even moons of Jupiter such as Europa.

A case study perhaps?

Hmmm ...

[Edited on 5/7/04 by xenophanes85]

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I usually try not to reply to my own (dead) threads, but the fact that this article mentions all the current frontiers for finding new life in one sentence, must mean somehting right?

[edit on 7/26/04 by xenophanes85]

E_T

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
It would be pretty possible to have life in those lakes, it would only need some energy source like volcanic activity.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
First of all, how is volcanic activity an energy source? Becasue of the heat it creates? Second of all, who says it need an "energy source"? What if its a new, undiscovered, previously-thought-impossible form of life? I mean, before the discovery of the microbes near the vents on the ocean floors, we never knew something like that was possible.

I think the main reason they are so interested in these places is for one reason: adaptation. If simple organisims can adapt to enviornments like those, why cant we intelligent beings do so also?

[edit on 7/26/04 by xenophanes85]

top topics

join