It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WA considers register for animal cruelty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   

WA considers register for animal cruelty

www.news.com.au

A DATABASE of people who commit brutal attacks against animals could help prevent those who go on to become murderers or serial killers, West Australian Police Minister Rob Johnson says.

The WA government will consider psychiatric assessments and building a specific database for people convicted of animal cruelty following a request by the RSPCA, Mr Johnson said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Alright, where will this crap end?

We already have a registered sex offenders list and now the West Australian Police Minister wants to start an animal cruelty register!?!?

Read the full article. It's another lame excuse to track people. Pick an easy target, animal bashers and track them. Why? In case some of them turn out to be serial killers. Their reasoning is erroneous. Sure, some animal bashers do become killers, but not all. Similarly, not all serial killers/murderers were once animal bashers.

Aren't these people already placed on a list when they are found guilty of animal cruelty? Why do they need to be placed on a special register beyond their normal criminal record?

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

RSPCA WA president Lynne Bradshaw said Australia was lagging behind other developed countries in recognising the correlation between animal cruelty and criminal behaviour.

"There is a strong correlation between cruelty to animals and escalating criminal behaviour including cruelty to human beings," Ms Bradshaw said.

"That's called the cruelty connection.

"The cruelty connection is well recognised in ... the US, the UK, New Zealand, in fact we're behind the times here at recognising what we call the red flag for human behaviour.

It would seem this sort of profiling is already quite common elsewhere.

Another point I feel I need to make is you are accusing the police/government/TPTB for wanting to track more people when in fact it is the RSPCA that suggested this.

Are you saying the RSPCA is part of this group?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Another point I feel I need to make is you are accusing the police/government/TPTB for wanting to track more people when in fact it is the RSPCA that suggested this.

It doesn't matter who suggested it, as it is being considered by the Police Minister. If the government showed no interest in it, then it would not be breaking news.

My point is where will it end?

Should people caught shoplifting be placed on a register in case they might rob a bank some day?

new topics

top topics

join