It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally, I got it!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gale66

I understand your question.
I can give you many different answers for that.
There are many different "causes" for "revolutions/evolutions".
I'm not quite sure on what level of understanding you want your answer.
I will go for my ultimate level of understanding.
There is only one primal cause for every event involving humans, and that is Will. Not the individual will, but the Great Will, which lots seek to blend with (in order to serve this Great Will or change it). This Great Will is the will of pure consciousness, which all of us are influenced by.

Simplifying it, what causes this change is ultimately destiny (destiny = the choice of pure consciousness) but also free will (choice of individuals).

I hope that makes any sense.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Not right now, but it'll come eventually.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
you don't get it man. If you think you get it then you don't get it and if you don't think you get it then you REALLY don't get it. get it?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by WinoBot
you don't get it man. If you think you get it then you don't get it and if you don't think you get it then you REALLY don't get it. get it?

I get tired of the verbal chicanery. Get it, don't get it. Who cares?

All I really do get is that those who think they "get it" are a very tight clique. Many do exactly the opposite of what getting it supposedly entails once they believe or even suspect they've gotten it. That's just an observation. Just let them be.

Getting "it" aka. awakening does not ensure one stays on an illuminated path. Some go down a dark road once their ego has been exposed to it. From my experience around here, most of them.

There are fair warnings about that in the literature as well, for real.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

Originally posted by WinoBot

I get tired of the verbal chicanery. Get it, don't get it. Who cares?

All I really do get is that those who think they "get it" are a very tight clique. Many do exactly the opposite of what getting it supposedly entails once they believe or even suspect they've gotten it. That's just an observation. Just let them be.

Getting "it" aka. awakening does not ensure one stays on an illuminated path. Some go down a dark road once their ego has been exposed to it. From my experience around here, most of them.

There are fair warnings about that in the literature as well, for real.

Would it do any better to talk in terms of "knowing" instead of "thinking"?

And tell me more about the warnings in literature.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Forget it. Just forget it. Wait I forgot.
Second...something I can't remember.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Geladinhu
Would it do any better to talk in terms of "knowing" instead of "thinking"?

Would it? Hmmm.

And tell me more about the warnings in literature.

Apologies for the crankiness; I do that when it feels called for/upon.

This page sort of expresses the point made in various texts more elequently than I possibly could (and I'm not sure where to dig in my own stuff). It's regarding kundalini yoga but I think the basic idea is just good advice in general. Sometimes its manifestations are subtle and can escape one's own notice.

Risks and Precautions

Siddhis and the ego factor

When one has been practising kundalini yoga for a couple of years and suddenly he starts having beautiful experiences, he tends to think he is superior to everybody else and may even consider himself as godly. To protect yourself from this, you must place yourself in the caliber of chela or disciple. A disciple remains a disciple, there is no promotion for him. Many people think that after twelve years of discipleship they will be promoted to guruhood, but this is not so.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
To the guy that said life has no meaning being the correct answer...

How do you know you are right? There are groups of monks that pass down the teachings and knowledge of there ever continuing search for meaning of life. It is like a generational thing that spans a freakin really long time and they still haven't figured it out. the irony, right...So I ask you. How did you come to the conclusion that life has no meaning. Am i just getting caught up in semantics??? I am here(ATS) looking for something. What it is i do not know. I do feel however if I can apply your method of figuring out the meaning of life to what it is I am lookin for I will be that much better for it.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
This is what came to mind while reading over this topic.

(unknow arthur)
There once was a owl who lived in oak.
The more he herd the less he spoke.
The less he spoke The more he herd? .
Oh let us be like this wise bird.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
the wise ol' owl would look pretty silly lurking around hear being "silent"

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Geladinhu

I'm not confessing anything. I have nothing to confess.
I'm not hiding anything from anyone, not consciously at least.
What I meant there is that I want to learn what makes people interested, what attracts people to my words.
Not because I want to sell something, but because I want to make a better connection, or in other words, I want to increase my "vibe" potentially in order to pass it on more easily.

I have just started being productive, so I don't have much to put on the table, not anything specially prepared I mean. It's all in my head and I just need a "topic starter" or a guiding idea to explore. I was hoping someone could come up with the "topic starter" when I suggested people to ask questions.

If you look to others for fulfillment, you will never truly be fulfilled.

The way I see it, we are all part of 'It', seeking to fulfill a different part of life.

The meaning of life is to live, and learn, and to pass these along to 'It'.

That's what we are all doing, living 'It', so 'It' can understand life.

Of course, I could also just be entirely wrong, and what 'It' is, I've totally missed, and isn't actually what 'It' ever was.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I only realised that I had "it" when I lost it and found it again. It was when I found it again that I recognised it and realised I had had it in the first place!!
Everyone has it .. and can have it forever. The only thing that separates us from it is our ego.. fear, resentment, greed, jealousy, anger etc.
If we stay in the present and stay in the flow we are in it. When we fight the flow or step out of the now - we close ourself off from it.
I love being creative too.. art and poetry. I find myself escaping from my ego and all else that keeps me from being "it". When I am connected to spirit I am only broken away by that which doesn't make me feel good and that which thinks I am separate from spirit.. so I try to have faith and float in the flow of life!!!
if that makes sense....

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I love those moments of "getting it"... but they are moments... and I think you only start to understand those moments when the next one hits you and makes you realize that you didn't really understand the previous one when you "got it".

With the understanding that I don't understand... and knowing the only knowledge that I have is knowing that I don't really know anything... I've embraced "ZOMG WT*?!" as my motto in life.

Still an awesome thread though.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I thought I had it until I read this thread...

[edit on 18-7-2009 by Xtinguish]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Geladinhu

It's all dependent upon how you look at it. Not to mention the fact that you think you "know" anything is a well worn stumbling block. Like Socrates said:
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.'

[edit on 18-7-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Are there some that seem to get it in momentous experiences and then those that just get it piece by piece in smaller increments? Perhaps it exists in a range between those extremes. I think I'm closer to the latter (assuming any such classification is possible) or very difficult to impress.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by third_eye

I was thinking just the opposite.

I was thinking it's only us fools who even bother posting here about any of this stuff.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
"God cannot be explained, He cannot he argued about, He cannot be theorized, nor can He be discussed and understood. God can only be lived...

To understand the infinite, eternal Reality is not the GOAL of individualized being in the illusion of Creation, because the reality can never be undertood; it is to be realized by conscious experience.

Therefore, the GOAL is to realize the Reality and attain the "I am God" state in human form."

~ Meher Baba

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by third_eye

It matters not if the owl speaks. He is silent except to those with an ear of understanding.

What is a book on differential equations to those without even rudimentary math skills? Basically toilet paper.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by third_eye

If he's silent, who knows he is lurking and can judge him as silly?

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join