It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watery eyes fail the iris ID card test

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
it seems as though the planned id card biometric and iris scanning does not work, it appears that they will need to have a trained first aider on duty next to the machines at all times as they can cause epileptic fits and they also have trouble reading the eyes when they are watery, through contact lenses and if you have long eyelashes.

full story at the link below

news.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2004/05/07/nid07.xml&sSheet=/news/2004/05/07/ixnewstop.html

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
You know, I just don't think technology is going to solve all of our problems.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
In this case it'll just make it worse.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
With all this technology no machine is error proof. I think new advancements are being made as we speak. We can't have failing machines in our society.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Yeah, i cant wait to read about the 1st person who gets their eyes gouged out so some thug can use them at the ATM. (or fingers chopped off)

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Here's a great article on the future for the UK. It discusses the ID cards that are to be introduced in the uk in some detail.

www.theregister.co.uk...

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Calculon386
Yeah, i cant wait to read about the 1st person who gets their eyes gouged out so some thug can use them at the ATM. (or fingers chopped off)

Excellent, if somewhat gross, point. Just like Cruise in Minority Report. As a potential target, I'm just thrilled with the possibility.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by glee
Excellent, if somewhat gross, point. Just like Cruise in Minority Report. As a potential target, I'm just thrilled with the possibility.

Yeah, and like Minority report what would be the black market value of some rich guys eyes. Bill gates eyes & you have temporary control of his ATM. Great instead of a knife, or gun to get our pin they just knock you out and steal your eyes.

[Edited on 8-5-2004 by outsider]

new topics

top topics

join