It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timothy McVeigh Deserves a Statue of Honor

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by PAYBACKCOMESSOON

Name-calling....really mature. What a way to back up your beliefs.

As far as being cowards, I served in the military, did you? I'm gonna guess not. I know that there are right and wrong ways to go about things. You and your "supposed hero" don't or didn't-he's past tense- know the difference.

It is not whining to respond and disagree with your post or to tell you what a piece of garbage you are.

It is odd though that you thought "some" people might get your post but yet nobody is backing you up. That should tell you something.

As for being a whack-job, I gotta say that you should know one when you see it.

Oh, and don't worry about me defending my family. I can do that should the need arise. That includes defending them from people like you. People that think they can do things better but yet don't know how to go about it. Just interested in a little power trip with nothing but selfish reasons behind it.
You are not interested in looking out for others. Like so many affiliations, they are looking out for themselves. So go save yourself. Start by reading something other than self-published propaganda.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Gotta laugh here, thought there might be some people catching the point of the article, but the ones who respond, as always in every post, are the losers with nothing to offer but whining about a post. I guess you losers will sit there and cry if government authorities come in and start your killing your family, yup, you are reallly heros hey lol?

So atrocities from the causes of bad government, the deaths of innocents, justifies the deaths of more innocents....and this makes you better than the very thing you say you fight against?

You're lost pal.

All the talk about CIA watching this site lately...well if they are...I sure as hell hope they are watching your ass.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by David9176]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Watch the Waco video the OP posted in his original post. It sheds a lot of new information and cleared up a lot of misconceptions that I've heard about. I never even knew about half this stuff that was kept from the media. This makes me even angrier than I was before. Definitely worth watching.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I have seen the video before and am watching it again.........just because.

There is no doubt, in my mind, that what the government did was WRONG!! I, also, believe those people were simply defending themselves from the raid by government agents.

That being said, I will never condone what happened in OK - for any reason!! IMHO, I do not think Timothy McVeigh acted alone and believe in a Middle Esatern tie to the OK bombing. So many questions left unanswered in alot of events. Ruby Ridge, Waco, OK, William Cooper, etc.

I believe the government lets us see what they want us to see concerning all these events....they waged war on the American people long ago. Too many just do not see it.

Again! Targeting any place that has children around is NOT called for and criminal!! Our government is as guilty of this as Timothy McVeigh was. But the OP needs to idolize our Constitution instead of people such as McVeigh.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by PAYBACKCOMESSOON
Timothy McVeigh Deserves a Statue of Honor

He freak'n blew up a day care center! He parked the damn truck right in front of where the day care center was in the building! He was a MORON and a MURDERER of children and innocent adults!

He wasn't a hero. He deserved the death penalty.

I'd love to say what I really think about the notion of giving this guy a statue of honor, but I'm sure it would get me banned for a month or two.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Mod Edit: Please see this thread: Courtesy is Mandatory

[edit on 7/12/2009 by junglejake]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by skyeyes

Soooo.....let me see if I have this straight.....He wanted to get revenge for killing American's by killing more American's, many of which were children.......Hmmmmm???? And there should be an statue errected in his honor????? McVeigh was waging his own war on America, so be it. War is a menace made by men. Somewhere in war this supposed to HONOR, where is the HONOR is killing innocent children?!?!?!?! I would ask that the Moderators have this rediculous thread removed.

no-- leave it up. It's irrational, grossly offensive to many, ill-thought out, bizarre, probably attention-seeking... but you gotta let everyone have their say, right?? It's the principle.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I am not saying either way. But police and government kill innocent people every day all over this world, are they put in prison, no.

The thread does in hindsight, open up some weird questions for the truth movement.

Not sure if i agree, but will be interesting to see how it goes.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I can see your point but I could argue for us to consider those that kill only to serve a political or philosophical stance as the enemy of us all. As those that are putting these permanent solutions of violent expression of beliefs above the sacredness of a life, all those temporary lives, deserve no credit for their actions because.........

We erect enough statues to mark their work already .Gravestones of those taken.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

All the talk about CIA watching this site lately...well if they are...I sure as hell hope they are watching your ass.

That is what I was thinking. Proclaiming your love for McVeigh and what he stood for on a popular website is probably a fantastic way of getting noticed.

I know that this probably puts me in the sissy coward whiny loser crowd

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
He killed 168 people. How many of them were guilty of something? AND what were they guilty of?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by PAYBACKCOMESSOON
If it made you feel better to stand with the government though, have a great day, low life cowards lol. Real heroes these losers are, take the time to make a big time reply, but got no guts to stand for innocent victims, yah yah, tell it to someone who cares, whimpy lil whining nobodies.

And yet you make a thread praising McVeigh, who's one claim to fame is killing many innocent victims.....

Irony is pretty ironic sometimes.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
What I'd like to know is, how is advocating killing people(and you clearly are, by calling this man a hero, let alone the threat implied in your moniker), blowing up buildings and sedition, not against the TOS here?

This isn't the first thread by some freak like this, and I'm really disappointed in ATS that they allow it.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Timothy Mc Vay was convicted of the murder of allot of regular folks trying the best they could to live and do the right thing. Don't you get it that he murdered innocent people? You can rationalize all you want about being a patriot etc. the fact is there were allot of women and children murdered: for what? how did that heinous act serve this country. If you can tell me how the bombing helped America I'll eat my hat.

Mod Edit: Courtesy is Mandatory

[edit on 7/12/2009 by junglejake]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
All the knee-jerk stuff on here - including the OP - assumes that McVeigh acted alone. That's extremely unlikely. There's a lot of weird stuff swirling around the Oklahoma bombing.

Sadly, a complex situation is being trampled on by the usual pitchfork-toters.

McVeigh was smart enough to quote Justice Brandeis:

"The government is the potent omnipresent teacher. For good or ill it teaches the whole people by its example. Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy. To declare that the end justifies the means -- to declare that the government may commit crimes -- would bring terrible retribution."

There are pertinent questions still to be asked.

Why were the other people involved in the attack not prosecuted? Were agents provocateurs involved? Was the truck bomb the cause of all the damage? Why were many of the people who would normally be at work that day absent? Why were most of them from the same unit?

Predictably, people will be flaming the OP for his callowness rather than asking those awkward questions. It's always much easier to wave a torch and a ptichfork than to step back and actually think.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
All the posts thus far assume that McVeigh was behind the OKC bombing.

www.infowars.com...

www.google.com...

McVeigh may have been involved, but IMO he was a patsy doing the bidding of others, possibly even convinced that he was trying to "save the USA" at the behest of a government shadow organization.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Unfortunately, children died in the bombing of Oklahoma City, but just as unfortunately, children died when monsters killed women and children in Waco, Texas.

Is that really your reasoning, that the accidental deaths at Waco somehow excuse the deliberate murder of children at the Oklahoma City bombing? ...and make no mistake, sir, those deaths were a horrible accident. The deaths of children and others at OKC were nothing of the sort, that was a deliberate act on the part of the bombers.

A statue? Maybe planted headdown in unhallowed ground...with a sign saying something along the lines of "He killed, with malice and deliberation, innocent children." Yeah, I'd get behind that...

[edit on 7/12/2009 by seagull]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

If this is the case then he screwed up big time. Much of the evidence needed to put many of the evil-doers away for life was destroyed in the Oklahoma City bombing. Ditto for the World Trade Center. I guess it can all be attributed to the law of unintended consequences.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
All in all I am not so sure on the Timothy McVeigh being a hero thing. The concept of killing innocent people regardless of what the point to be proven or enforced is, is flat out wrong. Now moving on, I did watch the events of Oklahoma City unfold, and quite frankly, I do not believe Timothy McVeigh did in fact "bomb" the building. Comparatively to 9/11 I believe the delivery of the truck by Timothy compares to the planes flown into the WTC. The destruction of the building and consequently the killing of those in the building was done by other means. You do not need a masters in demolitions to know a truck filled with an ammonium nitrate mixture is an omni-directional explosive, yes powerful powerful, but still omni directional. Did anyone notice the lamp post standing only a few feet from the crater? Globe still intact unbroken? Then of course the damage to the building itself, sheared upwards, not smashed in as a charge placed in front of it would do. Then the 2 unexploded charges found inside the building during rescue operations later explained away as dummy explosives that ATF uses for practice?

Timothy McVeigh in my opinion was nothing more than another pawn being used to further a higher agenda. Just like Pearl Harbor.. Kill innocent women and children, consquently piss off the American public into demanding something be done. give up freedom for security, there we go!! At the time militia movements were publicly gaining strength and that makes government nervous, so we will have innocent women and children die under the guise of a "militia action" thus turn the public against the idea of militia, just as the media put it in that day "a bunch of middle aged overweight rednecks that like to play with guns and hate the government..."

Timothy McVeigh, hero? no. His "record" in the wiki? probably as 'prepared' as the building was to go boom. Martyr perhaps, and more likely in the Bahamas or someplace enjoying a new life and identity for doing such a nice job for his leadership. - Just a thought...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join