It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timothy McVeigh Deserves a Statue of Honor

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Don't know how I stumbled across the profile for Timothy McVeigh at Wikipedia, but after reading about the man's political desire to protect his own fellow Americans, I was amazed to see the truth unfold.

He stood against the war in Iraq that he served as a military soldier for and he stood against the oppression of Americans by their own government.

Then I came across the video they showed at his trial about WACO, and the Davidian victims, and I watched it.
Rules of Engagement

Timothy McVeigh didn't only stand for the innocent women and children who were killed evily in Waco, Texas or the poor girl the sniper killed in Ruby Ridge, he stood for the average American.

Timothy McVeigh fought for America in Iraq, and then he came back and he fought for Americans by killing those Americans who would kill innocent Americans.

Unfortunately, children died in the bombing of Oklahoma City, but just as unfortunately, children died when monsters killed women and children in Waco, Texas.

One man, and only one man vindicated their deaths. One man and only one man stood up and said "blood for blood in honor of fellow Americans".

If people can support the troops who have killed hundreds of thousands of Iraqi civilians for oil, then they can support the U.S. soldier who showed the "people who killed their own Americans on their own soil" what patriotism meant.

GWB and Cheney and everyone in the White House can thank God that Mr. McVeigh was executed by lethal injection three months before the Twin Towers were demolished floor by floor with explosives.

If McVeigh went after the killers of the innocent Americans over Waco, Texas, try and imagine what he would have done for Americans in retaliation of the Twin Towers. The man was a symbol for Americans to defy being sacrificed and killed by people in their own government.

There should be a statue in his honor erected. A statue of Timothy McVeigh to remind American citizens of what it takes to remain free of oppression by their own government. And a statue to remind those people in authority who intend to harm their very own citizens of what they can expect when they kill their own.

I stand firm on this post!

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

+36 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by PAYBACKCOMESSOON

There should be a statue in his honor erected.

Anyone who comes in here and tries to justify the deaths of innocent people...no matter what the cause....especially when their are children involved.....

Well....YOU"RE EVIL and there is most likely a spot reserved for you in hell.

I don't know how in the hell you can call this man a hero when he killed innocent people.

you need help man.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by David9176]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
that's something i havent heard before.

Maybe you should do a Wiki search on Gandhi.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
When I was stationed at Sheppard AFB in Wichita Falls TX, some friends and I drove to Oklahoma and visited the site. Was about a year after he bombed it.

Maybe you're just too young and foolish to have any sense of shame for what you wrote. I certainly hope so (for your sake). Because if you aren't, then there is a special place in hell reserved for people who support such grievious acts.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by mikerussellus]

Mod Edit: Removed personal insult -- see next post.

[edit on 7/12/2009 by junglejake]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Hey folks, remember, patriotism is ok, but we must discuss the subject matter, not one another. Even if someone's not a fan of your country, it doesn't make them a target through which the T&C no longer applies.

See this thread

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by junglejake

With all due respect, the Op's initial post demonstrated that this (his) was an emotional response to what happened and the subsequent actions that took place.
My, and others responses are nothing more than an "answer" to his emotional opinion.

If polarizing posts are going to be allowed on this site, should we not, as honest people, respond in an honest, emotional way?

If I am out of line, I apologize. But seeing that thread was disturbing, to say the least.

Mike Russell

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Soooo.....let me see if I have this straight.....He wanted to get revenge for killing American's by killing more American's, many of which were children.......Hmmmmm???? And there should be an statue errected in his honor????? McVeigh was waging his own war on America, so be it. War is a menace made by men. Somewhere in war this supposed to HONOR, where is the HONOR is killing innocent children?!?!?!?! I would ask that the Moderators have this rediculous thread removed.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   

If people can support the troops who have killed hundreds of thousands of Iraqi civilians for oil, then they can support the U.S. soldier who showed the "people who killed their own Americans on their own soil" what patriotism meant.

If you don't want to STAND behind our troops, the feel free to STAND in front of them!!!!!

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Wow -> Didn't see that one coming.

I think it's great that McVeigh served his country and could see the lies he was fighting for. I also think it's great that he was a patriot that hated the fact that innocent Americans were brutally murdered by their government at Ruby Ridge and Waco. If McVeigh would have taken his anger and went toe to toe with a few of the DEA agents responsible, then I think he would have had a lot more sympathy, but he was no better than they were when he took the lives of innocent Americans in Oklahoma.

There's never a reason good enough to use children as collateral damage.
You don't get statues for that.

Something to ponder though... There's a theory that McVeigh had nothing to do with the OK city bombing. I wonder if someone covered that in a thread. If they haven't maybe someone should.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
My problem lies with the Branch Dravidian Compound itself.

I do not see David koresh as a "good guy". I see him as the "Bad Guy".

When the siege started the children should have been sent out of the compound on Day 1 Hour 1.

Anyone else who did not want to enjoy the shootout should have been give the privilege of safe passage out of there as well.

Who fired the first shot or who started the fire is irrelevant. It was a freaking WAR between the law enforcement and the Branch Divideans. A lot of rules do not apply in war. Shooting agents, chemical gas weapons, burning the place to the ground to try and get them to come out. These are actions that happen in battle.

Onto Timothy McVeigh. He blew up a federal building.

Why didnt he target the FBI agents who were members of the branch dividean shootout?
Why didnt he perform hits on each one individually?
Why didn't Tim do some RECON and scout out the location to see if there were children inside?
Killing kids is NEVER a good way to get a statue made of yourself.
If that building was full of Armed FBI S.W.A.T. members the anger against his act might not have been so badly felt.

Like the Twin Towers. If the terrorists had used explosives to blow up a military base people would not be as pissed. Using an airliner full of unarmed innocents to crash into a building full of unarmed innocents is just plain COWARDICE!

Let us keep the attacks between warring rival armed humans AMONG the armed humans. Let us be more civilized and use the predator's rules of engagement. Only kill armed people. No carpet bombing cities. No Arc Light strikes. No blowing up day care centers. Collateral damage is not accepted in our own country.

We are in the age of precision guidance and accurate marksmanship.

Let us kill each other more civilized.

If someone wants to kill me let them do it face to face with bare hands.

Or a duel. Guns or swords you choose.

Screw this getting blown up while sipping a Latte checking email at a desk business.

That takes no skill.

All it takes is anger revenge and desperation.

No one is getting a statue for that.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Timothy McVeigh fought for America in Iraq, and then he came back and he fought for Americans by killing those Americans who would kill innocent Americans. As quoted by you.

How dare you! Did you think about anything you were writing before posting it?
Tim McVeigh did not fight for Americans after his service in Iraq. He fought for himself and underground elements (that did provide him with some assistance) over perceived (by him) wrongs. He was no patriot and neither are you for trying to bounce this drivel in this forum. What he did was murder innocent children, mothers, fathers, grandparents....! No sir- he was just a murderer.
He got what he deserved, death at the end of a needle. The people he killed in cold-blood did not deserve what he gave them.
And please, don't give me the free-speech thing. You have every right to say whatever you want. Accord me the same priviledge. Just as you are convinced that you are right, I am convinced by the facts that you are wrong and I am not afraid to say so.

Sorry mods if I am in violation- call me on it if you need to.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Unbelievable .... but I'm more concerned with what your username is threatening. Are you looking to have a statue made of you also?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
One man vindicated their deaths by killing many more!

This is an America we can believe in!

It is called extremism sire, same thing that leads young muslim youths to blow up random strangers on the bus...

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
As for the Branch dividians....forgive my spelling please. There was never a reason for the fed's to go in... Knowing so many children were there(not to mention the women), They could have waited them out. The government controls all our power.....water......sewer...gas? In a nutshell.. they could have forced them out. It was another example of extreme force....
Seems I recall another in Idaho from them with a family that was small and lived in the wilderness..and children were killed. These in fact are not "PRIME SUBJECTS" for our moment now.....but proof our over POWERED folks in politics are not our servants. We are all vulnerable......
get a traffic ticket...a dui stop......you have not rights. The world as I knew it changed in the 70's...yep...I'm older but I thrive and am strong.

Open your eyes......there is a program of control that is easy on these getting older eyes. I could do things back then you could never do...and the police were holstered most of the time....(I could elaborate on this but thats another story). I hope you guys know.........your rights are being taken away as we breath. Read the original words of our founders......This is your Nation...take a moment....breath deep the words. We are being taken in many ways. Look at the average family born here and wonder why they can't deal? Look at the illegals.......I work in Las Vegas.(GIVE IT UP)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lol..don't care...kids gone life is real...I watch this and other sites...I have lived...we are beyond the "Melting Pot"....

we are sold as assets.....nothing more..

take a moment from the buzz.......and look around...had we had more of this media know as the internet in my younger days.......you would not had to deal. I am sorry for my son and his gen. this isn't what I worked for....I wish you all well and hope you use this incredible site for the right reasons..........educate yourself........become a member of the United States.....and perhaps the world.

My best wishes to all

Enigmalone

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by enigmalone

oh btw...I used to have a AVATAR>>>>>>>>>>>>>>But I was bizzy being a Dad and a life.........I do admire this sites effort. I do suspect it might be abit different from my first visit to now. It's all about money........and never forget it. Those that have rule...and those that don't are nothing but slaves. It's a different world only by words and it's simple deffinition.

Enigmalone

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Hey folks, remember, patriotism is ok, but we must discuss the subject matter, not one another. Even if someone's not a fan of your country, it doesn't make them a target through which the T&C no longer applies.

See this thread

Mod

If a poster (op) espouses views in a manner or through actions of another person, that person (op) becomes part of the subject-matter. Although a direct verbal attack on the op may be a violation, where do you separate the two? Saying that I think the op is wrong in his statements- that he attributes to others, as well as the actions the op applauds should not be construed as a personal attack. The original post should however be considered inflammatory and derisive to most sensibilities.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Imagine how much he could have stood up for and done if he DIDN'T blow up a building and kill all those people and stayed alive to Speak and actually do something for his country.

Proof positive that the pen is mightier than the sword if you ask me.

anyway... I have my doubts your anhero even did this anyway

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Amazing how many cowards are here, whining about the post.

You speak nothing of the horrors committed against the victims of Waco, and try to pretend to be decent folk standing against McVeigh.

Wow, lotsa cowards in here exercising their right to be pansies.

So if government killed 5000 plus in the Twin Towers, the only repsonses we get here if someone did blow up the White house would be, that was wrong to fight back?

Gotta laugh here, thought there might be some people catching the point of the article, but the ones who respond, as always in every post, are the losers with nothing to offer but whining about a post.

I guess you losers will sit there and cry if government authorities come in and start your killing your family, yup, you are reallly heros hey lol?

Nope, you ignore the evils of government against your own people, therefore, you who replied negatively NEED TO BE IGNORED as well.

Haha, I upset some real wackjobs whose only courage is to publicly whine.

I feel even better about the post now.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
just when i think i have heard it all, someone comes along and says oh yeah, try this one lol..........

to each his own.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join