It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret Lives of Invisible Magnetic Fields

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Another simple "just wanted to share" thread from me.

Being completely ignorant in such matters I always understood magnetic fields, with the exception of the aurora borealis phenomenon, to be primarily invisible to the human eye.

Apparently, and as per usual, I was wrong.

Enjoy:

If I read the youtube description correctly, a part but not all of the above video, is cgi.
Still, rather impressive and beautiful imo.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Star and Flag

Interesting to say the least. Near the end, it made the comment about how all particles are trapped along their local magnetic field. I'm not sure if I understood the end right, but then it goes on to say how the suns field over takes the earths in some instances. I'm assuming this translates into the strongest magnetic field (from any distance away) takes precedence over any local field (which I think it states then is rendered non-existent or there but powerless?) given that at that distance, the bigger field has the strength to overtake the local field.

It might just be me, but that has to be a very big step towards understanding gravity. Not only gaining better insight into it but also finalizing the link between gravity and electromagnetism.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
The final link between Gravity and Electromagnetism?
Gravity is Electromagnetism, look at all aspects of it and you'll see that there are very similar, so similar that they could be the same. A simple experiment is to magnetize a small metal rod and hang it by a piece of string in the air. You'll see that the side you magnetized is being pulled down even though your hanging it evenly. The explanation is that magnetism is pushing it down.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by devilruski

No.
The explanation is that the magnet is aligning itself with Earth's magnetic lines of force. The lines are not everywhere parallel to the surface of the Earth. Notice that it also turns to line up with the north magnetic pole. The tilt has nothing to do with gravity. It's called magnetic inclination.
en.wikipedia.org...

Gravity is not electromagnetism.

[edit on 7/15/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Ooooo ... here's one ya'll like:

Ferrofluid Magnetism

That is so cool!!

new topics

top topics

join