It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abductees, time to get REAL!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Time to stop worrying about flamers, skeptics, non believers, etc, etc, etc, and get ON with it already!

This is what has happened....and some of the consequences we are collectivly trying to get OVER.....OVER COME.....

Enough with the proof Bull Crap that is stalling our getting on with things....IGNORE THEM and let's get real and think of some solutions together and offer each other advice....

WE ALL have someof the same serioud problems to get over....

MEMORY Loss.....years and years of wiped out memories.....How have any of you coped or dealt with this???? Have any of you fighured out to recall or regain the lost memories...

PTS.... Post traumatic stress.....has anyone figured out to get past this and feel human again.....emotions like joy, happiness, laughter, crying, anger, sadness, bliss, the whole ball of yarn!?! This is the one that concerns me the most and I need the most help with...

New abilites etc...other abilities supressed etc....not sure if this matters to me personally, but mabey to some of you...

Well, let the discussions commence!!!

Remeber, IGNORE all flamers and skeptics...this is a thread about coping and adjusting to life after this crap....not a "prove to others and delay our healing in the process" Thread....mmmm ok???

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Nobody has any help or advice?

Did the skeptics brainwash you into not believeing yourself or something?

I thought it would be good for us to step past all the "proof for skeptics" crap and start helping each other out instead.....

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

They do have support groups for abductees and people who have post traumatic stress syndrome (PTSS). I do not think it matters what caused such terrible stress, but there are ways and groups to help people get help and counseling. There is never any shame in that.

I don't see why you are upset with skeptics and others who may not think the problem is caused by aliens but something else (like sleep disorders and possible mental problems). The main idea should be to receive the help needed to get on with life.

I do think Graham Hancock is correct that 1 to 2 people out of one hundred may be hard wired into receiving messages from the mysterious "Otherworld". They may take on the forms of aliens as that is what is popular in our culture now. (Mr Hancock's book "Supernatural" is a good read and may help.)

Just remember, forget about what I (or anyone else here) believe and go to a library and find books about what you are going through. Then look at the bibliography in the back for possible support groups.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Abduction accounts are usually a no-go area for me. Too subjective and too uncomfortable. Nevertheless, today I accidentally downloaded a paracast with Dr. David M. Jacobs and Budd Hopkins. By 'accidentally' I mean the wrong one. It passed the time while driving to friends and kept my interest. It still makes for an uncomfortable subject, but I found the interview fascinating. It certainly left me less dismissive and planning to read a little more about it...skeptical, but interested

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Hi, mellisamouse and all.

I am not an abductee.

That's a VERY good idea you have here, but maybe many persons
don't want to talk about it, publicly.

I would suggest to all to contact you on U2U.
. . and together you could find a more "specialized" pubilc forum. . .
. . .similar as those in my signature. . . B-)

Blue skies.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I am an abductee. Most of my memories have been blacked out by the beings. I continue to be contacted by them. The last time a few years ago, unless I just can't remember if they showed up lately.

I do not know who they are or where they are from.
I do not know if they are spiritual, interdimentional or from outerspace.
I do not know anything about them, but them seem to know me better then I know myself..

I want my memories back. I think I am finally ready to take that step and go under regression.

I have written my first book documenting my experiences. Just need to find a way to get it printed/published. I just may go to kinkos and have them print it and give copies to my friends. I dunno.

Already writing my second book in the series. I need to remember to write down the dates when something happens because now I have all these events in my mind from recent events not timelined.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Abductee Chick

Nice you are writing books.....

Yeah the only times and dates I DO seem to remeber from over the years ARE teh abductuion times...not much from the experiences...

I remeber for example, that BEFORE the last time...YES I was missing a lot of memories....but the very last ime seemed to wipe pretty much the rest of them out...

I KNOW those memories are still in there somewhere.... I am starting to rember dreams I had etc again..

But it was MY life! aLL THOSE EXPERIENCES were MINE!!! I want the memories back, and I want ME back!.

Make sense???

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I've asked my therapist about group therapy and at first he seemed to have a place for me for that. Than he seemed to back away from it in my case.

I've thought about regression hypnosis, but I'm afraid of that and recall being through that when I was a kid.

I don't recall any recent obvious visitations or missing time events. But most of what I've recalled was missing time anyway, as if it was all long buried.

Since many things appear to be false memories, I have trouble trusting any of it now.

Seems kinda hopeless discussing it. Websites with surveys exclude people diagnosed like me. How convenient.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Darn....yeah, I am not ever taking any kinds of medication...how in the heck would that bring back my memories anyways right?

I just want the PTSS to be gone so I can feel human and alive again....and I want my memories back that MADE me be human and alive...

Those 2 things are practically like being dead......no more meories...no more feelings.... GREAT!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

I am not UPSET with skeptics...just tired of being sidetracked with all of their cries for proof, when we could instead all be getting together and helping each other out...there are hundreds of threads for skeptics.....

The point of THIS thread is to fucus on the HELP for once, instead of all of the energy going towards proving things to non believers....

Just want to take a different direction for once...

As for support groups everywhere... WHERE?

I haven't found any yet...

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
Abduction accounts are usually a no-go area for me. Too subjective and too uncomfortable. Nevertheless, today I accidentally downloaded a paracast with Dr. David M. Jacobs and Budd Hopkins. By 'accidentally' I mean the wrong one. It passed the time while driving to friends and kept my interest. It still makes for an uncomfortable subject, but I found the interview fascinating. It certainly left me less dismissive and planning to read a little more about it...skeptical, but interested

Cool, thanks for the link... I will definatly look into it once I get some me time in private.

Typing on here in a room full of people, they have no idea what I'm talking about, but listening to stuff they would..lol.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

During the paracast it was mentioned that Jacobs runs a website to research abductions. Just looked and here are the contact details...

International Center For Abduction Research
Address: ICAR 7715 Crittenden Street
Philadelphia,
PA 19118-4421

Email: djacobs@ufoabduction.com

nternational Center for Abduction Research (ICAR)

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

WOW! Awesome Kandisky!
Thanks a lot, I'll look into it right now!

Nice!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I have shared here on ATS things I have experienced in this lifetime.

My experiences have been good and I am thankful for that but I do understand that many do not have good experiences while yet others do not understand what is happening to them.

There are many different species here and elsewhere there is good and bad so this isn't something that can be grouped in a way.

Can you write at least one thing you have experienced?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
There have been many, but the "good" ones I was mostly getting taught things about the enviromnemt and healing it later (soon) after the war part is over.....the "war" part being spirituality as opposed to religion etc...

Moast times involved bright blinding white light, and a man with white hair...

thsoe were the "good" ones I guess..more involved with knowlege and teaching others and putting my mind back on track to the bigger picture...

The other ones seem to be me getting pregnant, 3 motnhs later gone, pregnant, 3 months later gone, and on and on a nd on like that, except when I prayed for my own child almost 5 years ago and now have my son as a result of that....

I have posted many experiences on here as well...missing time..... going missing in one town, ending up in another, HOURS away for a number of days recovering woth a woman and her homestay students who then drove me home etc....like going missing and ending up too far away for the time...leaving somewhere say 4pm on a monday, waiting for the bus, ending up what would take 5 hours travel by bus or car an hour later, found in a ditch otuside by this lady and her homestay students...

Gone missing at 10pm in -40 weather, whole town and poice searching for me all night, then I call the police from a whole other town away at 5am and they come get me I am not cold or wet from the snow, my footprints left off in the middle of a street and dissapear until they are found again in the middle of a field in the next town where they are trsced to the house where I knocked on the door to tell them to call the police... I end up pregnant and having my baby after that experience....

Sooo many weird medical experiences and terrified doctors etc...

It goes on and on, i will probly add more bit by bit when I rember things etc....

My biggest problem right now though is the PTSS and fatigue, and missing memories of what used to be just months here and there that has now turned into years and years of missing memories from my life etc....

Is this part common at all???

Also the preparation for fixing the environment after everything is done, preperation for saving seeds and self sufficiency, preparing others, and where to go to be "safe" etc......... the many mnay appocoliptic dreams where I am allways safe and helping many others especially chideren... i could go on and on and on....

Just thinking that others could help each other to put together the pieces, including coping skills and ways to get on with life and get some memories and feelings back mabey etc...

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

There are many books at the library on abduction and they have some information in the back. You also claim that many abductees suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome. Look in the Yellow Pages for counselors and group therapy. There are many groups that deal with PTSS that are free and not judgmental.

Again, there are plenty of groups out there to reach out to. The first step is asking for help. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. I want to make it clear it is never easy asking for help, but once one gets past that point, then they can get on with a normal life.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I have been to regular councelors before, even a pshyciatrist....all they seem to want to do is write out prescription I am not going to take and mess up my brain chemistry with etc.....and that I have never seen work for anyone else etc.....

Also, my every day life is "normal" and I am completley "functional" in every other way... no paranoias or delusions or odd behaviors etc, etc, etc....

I tried group therapy a few times.....well, that is a total different type of people that need a completley different kind of help.....they were kinda scary actually. I rember this one lady saying stuff like she was not afraid of "Knives" anymore, and this other lady was comletley controlled by some "commander" in her head etc....these could not cope on their own

these people were totally disfunctional, non rational, and not in a space to offer help, as they seemed to lack rational thinking etc....

It is not some mental disorder, so it is much harder to find help...... apparently I am highly functional in all areas of life, so this makes it hard when looking for help etc...

I thought tips from fellow abductees would be the most helpful.

If you were an abductee yourself you would probly understand that already.

I am not looking for help from people speculating, and from people who don't get it and haven't been there...

I feel your sincerety, but I have already been down all of those other roads for years and years...it allways ends in "try this zoloft" Try this "effexor", try this paxil" crap...etc, etc, etc,
not useful for someone who is otherwise normal...

[edit on 13-7-2009 by mellisamouse]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

If all they want to do is give you a prescription, then you are seeing the wrong ones. There are psychologists out there (they cannot write prescriptions) and others to try out. I would suggest finding a Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome group to talk with.

I have had an OBE, so I know how it is to be questioned that one dreamed of what happened to them. The main statement is the need to seek out a group to talk to and try to find normalcy in ones life. They do have abduction support groups in large cities, but many people are from smaller areas that may not have such a group.

Post Traumatic Stress seems to be a common link, and they would have support groups for those who need it.

It is true I have not been abducted and do not know what that is like. As I have stated before, I do know a little about having an extraordinary experience.

I am sorry that I cannot help with any more suggestions, but I do hope more groups sprout up for support. I totally agree with you on not taking any types of drugs to control who you are. Good luck with finding what you and the other abductees need.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Why are yo so against us helping other on HERE with suggestions????

I have already been getting a lot of support from resourceful people on other threads anyways......but WHY?

Why point in every other direction except the one requested....

If you are NOT an abductee, and have no PERSONAL advice, then why rain on the parade?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I am not opposed to seeking help on this or any other forum. I do think it is a good idea to try and create a group of people who meet and can discuss their problems.

I am trying to offer some advise as someone who has experienced something different than the norm (OBE).

I apologize if I came across as someone who was trying to stop you from getting any advice here.

I also want to state that I do think people have been abducted. I have never stated I do not believe abductions do not happen at all. There are several excellent cases of alien abduction that I cite when I discuss UFO cases.

[edit on 7/14/2009 by kidflash2008]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join