It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dowry system needed in west

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
90% + black illegitamcy, 65% + hispanic, 50% plus white rate. This doesn't include the number of abortions.

Return the bride, return the money, like in India. Any comments?

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I don't understand what youre getting at. All I see is statistics. Dowry system? I forgot how that works, the bride is bought with riches and money? Thats pretty barbaric if thats how it works, not to mention pretty degrading.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by son of total newbie

I think a Dowry system could be created if it was applied to all sexes and combination's of sexes. Like a Woman paying a mans family the Dowry or a Man paying his gay partners family the dowry.

We are all about equal rights here in America.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

Well this was a system before the time of Moses, before the walls of Jerico came tumbling down.

Look at the numbers again. 90%+ black, 65%+ hispanic, 50%+ white in single parent homes.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Well who pays the dowry? The mans family or the womans?

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft

Well who pays the dowry? The mans family or the womans?

The woman's family pays the dowry. A price between a college education and a cheap house. In payments. If the husband cancels the marriage, he returns the money. For the marriage to continue, happily, hopefully, the bride's family will finish the payments.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I got 2 goats, a cow, a slightly used 76 Ford Pinto, and 3 cartons of smokes. I's like to find a very hot brazillian women, any takers?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Reply to post by son of total newbie

my bad, i didnt notice the womans family pays the dowry, hell, thats even better.

aint that kind of like reverse prostitution or something?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

LMAO, obviously you are not from America. No man in his right mind would want an American woman to pay a dowry. That would just give them one more thing to nag and bitch about and hangover our heads for the rest of our lives. Hell, I would pay a good dowry just to make her shut the hell up, quit complaining about whatever she doesnt have that all her friends have, and to stop thinking the world revolves around her.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
It can be either the bride or groom who have to pay - depending on the culture.

I would like the woman's family to pay for sure - now thats a reversal eh - in the west the man has to pay .. and pay .. and pay .. haha .. call me sexist, and I throw the law books at you!

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I don't know about a dowry

But the concept of DIVORCE INSURANCE for men has been rattling about my head since my divorce...

It took a couple years to get all my equipment back and all that good stuff, one poster got it right when he said my health and personal quest for simplicity did have an economic basis, i'm pretty sharp and plus some bad habits I did HAVE to change

If... I could even have gotten 25 G after the divorce quickly it would have saved me a year, lots of guys never recover between child support loosing your stuff etc...

enough for a car, enough for a years rent while you fix your head and food...

there would have to be a minimum time line like 2-3 years to financially work but still

it was like, having my house burnt down and having no help to rebuild... wasn't easy

Divorce insurance... would probably help the economy allot

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
Divorce insurance... would probably help the economy allot

Divorce rate is way too high for that to work for the insurance company. Too many claims.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by son of total newbie
90% + black illegitamcy, 65% + hispanic, 50% plus white rate. This doesn't include the number of abortions.

Return the bride, return the money, like in India. Any comments?

A dowry involves actually getting married, yes? But you're citing illegitimacy rates. That means they weren't married in the first place.

You need something else to cure illegitimacy. Men have to behave like men, rather than animals. Good luck with that. Men these days prefer to act like mere animals. Perhaps we should neuter first offenders. Knock up a woman and split...and we sterilize you with no remorse.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorian Guard

I like this idea. If you are having unprotected sex and getting women pregnant then you get sterilized. If you are a woman who is sleeping with anything that moves, and getting pregnant because of it, you get sterilized. The state can pick up the tab and it will cut down dramitically on the welfare costs, overcrowding in schools, and gange violence (reduced police costs).

I personally think overpopulation and religion are the biggest causes of most of our problems. Been that way for a while.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorian Guard

The premiums would just be higher. There's always a market. Look, they have life insurance and 100% of us eventually die. Divorce rate are not quite there yet.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
The west doesn't need a dowry system. A dowry is basically a bribe a to keep men from leaving women who are too hard to put up with, it's a horrible concept it is like selling your happiness.

What we really need is feminists to stop trying to convince women that the ultimate goal in life is to become a wage slave, and that raising a family is somehow wrong or equivalent to slavery. Maybe then men wouldn't be so interested in leaving them. Not very politically correct but it's the truth.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Institute a dowry in these economic times and you'll have an immediate increase in the infant mortality rate. Parents will see their newborn daughter as a financial hardship.

Maybe a payment could be set up for the birth of any child, male or female, to help fund that divorce insurance, eh?

top topics

join