It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Long Term Population Control will be downfall?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Think about this for a moment? China has a rule in place that only one or two children per family. Now in traditional chinese families it is up to the younger to take care of the older generations. There aren't really any real welfare or medical system in place that will be able to handle the influx of elder care that will be necessary due to the lack of familial care.

How will it be possible for one or two children to take care of 4 grandparents, 2 parents and possibly any great aunts and uncles who do not have a child? That also goes for if the children die? Who will take care of the elderly? I believe this will be the ultimate downfall for the Chinese within the just one or two generations and if they do not change that policy it will cause the Chinese culture to fail.. pretty sure it will destroy the financial and political ruin of the country.

Now, granted with the US having so many issues, I find this thought intriguing.

Any thoughts on this?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
So now u understand why so many China girls are "on auction", and why China government has a " at least 7 years no migration after marrying to foriegn men" policy including Hong Konger and Taiwanese and any Chinese at any Chinatown overseas. We are talking about billions of money transfered to China per year here.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by CONTACT

I did not realize that either. I was speaking with a friend and he mentioned the population outcome for China. He is one of those genius types and just casually throws out tidbits of wise information and then goes on to the next topic without a thought of that tidbit. It leaves me pondering on that tidbit for days... drives me insane. I have to research and google and talk with others about it. Then everyone assumes I am the smart one but I am just the monkey learning about the trick to get the banana in the science experience.

Tell me more about the restrictions on women "auctions", please?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mhinsey
Think about this for a moment? China has a rule in place that only one or two children per family. Now in traditional chinese families it is up to the younger to take care of the older generations. There aren't really any real welfare or medical system in place that will be able to handle the influx of elder care that will be necessary due to the lack of familial care.

How will it be possible for one or two children to take care of 4 grandparents, 2 parents and possibly any great aunts and uncles who do not have a child? That also goes for if the children die? Who will take care of the elderly? I believe this will be the ultimate downfall for the Chinese within the just one or two generations and if they do not change that policy it will cause the Chinese culture to fail.. pretty sure it will destroy the financial and political ruin of the country.

Now, granted with the US having so many issues, I find this thought intriguing.

Any thoughts on this?

There are many many ways around the one child policy such as if your living on a farm and need the hands to work the field if you have a girl you can try again until you have a boy.

If you are wealthy enough the rule doesn't effect you; if you do have the second child they just don't pay for anything if your well off you can most likely get what you need for the child either through money or people you know.

I know some elderly that take care of and live by there selves and they are up into the late 90's. There family make check on them every couple of days to see if they are alright but they don't actively live with them or help them daily. I know this is not for all people but this is how some do it.

I also think the by the time it got to the young being vastly out number by the old China may allow 2 or 3 children per couple instead of one.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
They can let the corporate entity take care of them like it does in the US. Health care facilities are one of the fastest growing entities, and out of them, long-term acute care facilities are one of teh fastest growing. Patients stay in them for literally years, as they slowly waste away. Many are so weak from being in bed for so long their arms and legs are useless, and they develop pressure ulcers. Of course, all this care costs money, and these Chinese still save a lot. Well, as the saying goes, you can't take it with you. Might as well spend it. Aren't you glad Obama is pushing for universal care? Now everyone can get this wonderful future....

top topics

join