It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Next Hacking Frontier: Your Brain?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

The Next Hacking Frontier: Your Brain?

www.wired.com

Hackers who commandeer your computer are bad enough. Now scientists worry that someday, they’ll try to take over your brain.

In the past year, researchers have developed technology that makes it possible to use thoughts to operate a computer, maneuver a wheelchair or even use Twitter — all without lifting a finger. But as neural devices become more complicated — and go wireless — some scientists say the risks of “brain hacking” should be taken seriously.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
edition.cnn.com

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
This is pretty intense stuff. Just imagine the further complications in legalities surrounding crime, etc, when the possibility that someones brain has been 'hacked' is taken into consideration and can somehow be proved.

What would be the consequences of such possibilities? Would be need to somehow 'secure' our brains from an attack, possibly chips or other implants?

What do you guys think about this?

www.wired.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I recommend everyone watch Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and just see what goes on as far as technology. It is a refined view of what we are just now starting to develop.

The future is now.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Ever wonder if technological advancements accelerate extinction?

"All of us are watchers--of television, of time clocks, of traffic on the freeway--but few are observers. Everyone is looking, not many are seeing."

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

DARPA goals and "The Mind Has No Firewalls" report

thought I'd add this to the discussion.

the only way we could enjoy brain-bluetooth type technology fully.. without worry.. is if we had NO people that would have a NEED to do such evil hacking.
if we eliminate the NEED for people to do something like that..
then you eliminate the THREAT of it..
and eliminate waste of billions of $ at risk.. time and energy of millions.. for thousands of years.

nip it at the bud... as unrealistic as it may seem.. it's the answer.

-

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
They're probably already doing this. I found a bunch of flyers posted all over San Francisco where someone was trying to expose this technology. It was really creepy because I found them at two different locations on two different days. I seriously recommend reading this old thread I made years ago (I forgot my password to that account, but I assure you that's me).

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's a small portion of the posting I found:

Directly below I list United States Patents of technology utilized to clandestinely control human behavior and thought from a remote location. (Made possible through GPS, Global Positioning type tracking of humans, each person having a distinct electromagnetic emission that is trackable via EMF technology - those distinct emissions we release via the thought process are then decoded to listen to stream of consciousness). [The new FISA bill illegally permits the use of "electronic, mechanical, or OTHER", types of surveillance tools to collect "information" for a 45 day period if one communicates with someone outside the nation - all without a warrant - the "OTHER" meaning possibly listening to our stream of consciousness FROM INSIDE OUR SKULLS including as to husband and wife, business proprietary, etc. Who voted for it, who did not? An initial attempt to legalize the direct control over the human brain. Note: Congress may pass no law which negates the requirements set forth in the supreme law of the land, the US Constitution, without two thirds vote specifically amending that highest law.

There's also a REALLY good film by Michael Tsarion called "Architechts of Control" where he talks about how David Berkowitz "The Son of Sam" was mind controlled into commiting murder.

[edit on 11-7-2009 by northexpedition]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
They don't need to hack our brains like that, many people's brains are already hacked with brainwashing and propaganda.

What would be bad is if the government found a way to inconspicuously pick up on people's thoughts.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Brain Machine Interface: BMI (Cyborg Soldiers)
www.staticbrain.com...

DARPA To Support Development Of Human Brain-Machine Interfaces
www.sciencedaily.com...

Frankensteins in the Pentagon
DARPA's Creepy Bioengineering Program
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

Two papers

Warning DARPA dot MIL file server. May not work outside the USA

Brain Machine Interface - Defense Sciences Office (DSO) - Dr. Eric Eisenstadt - (PDF File)
www.darpa.mil...

Brain Machine Interface - Harvesting Biology for Defense Technology (DSO)
www.hyper-evolution.com...

And you guys thought the BORG where Science fiction

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Woah!

I was just looking through the PDF, some of that stuff is intense. Indeed, mainstream public doesnt know 20% of the technology were capable of today.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
This is nothing new, as a security consultant myself, and former black hat hacker social engineering, and reverse engineering is a common tool mostly to phreakers who spend more time talking with operators.

A name to check out for stuff like this is Derren Brown

[edit on 12-7-2009 by digitaldamage]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
www.patentstorm.us...

"It is therefore possible to manipulate the nervous system of a subject by pulsing images displayed on a nearby computer monitor or TV set. For the latter, the image pulsing may be imbedded in the program material, or it may be overlaid by modulating a video stream, either as an RF signal or as a video signal."
-- US Patent and Trade Office, Patent #6,506,148, 2/14/03

Even more verifiable mind control patents:

[edit on 12-7-2009 by northexpedition]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
These stories are behind the times. I like i have said so many times, have been under mind control surveillence since 1992, when i found out they use electronic mind control in schools in london, while i was doing my alevels.

This tech is far more advanced than anyone knows.

Hint, if the police want to destroy your life, they use these techs to try to get you to do something. Its already being done, by intelligence forces in uk and usa. If they target you, you will not know what thoughts are your own or theres.

All this is already being done, and they try to tell us now that it may in the future.

Take it from someone who has 17 years of these techs used on me, the stuff this article is about, is already being done.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Thats very believable if the technology exists out there. But is there any proof of such 'attack's'? Has anyone for that matter, stated that they were being mind controlled in some way or another?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

No such verified report exists in public domain.

Although at high level security talks there are (toys) positioned above,below and around a particular room that has that exact purpose amongst other (toys).

new topics

top topics

join