It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lucid dreaming and the paranormal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I've also posted this here:www.abovetopsecret.com... but I felt that it would be good to put it in this forum as well given its subject.

(Before you post something here, read where I stand on the paranormal: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now you know that if you post "I am a psychic and..." or "an alien channeled this suggestion to me." I won't believe you. At least not without some really,and I mean really good proof. Even though I may note your thought/idea/suggestion, I won't take it seriously.

This is all purely theoretical to me)

I had a thought. An Idea, so to say. A theory, to be more accurately put.

If you don't already know: Lucid dreaming is what happens when you become aware that you are dreaming. To lightly put: instead of being just a mere actor in a movie directed by your subconsciousness, YOU become the director!

en.wikipedia.org...

in other words, this is the only time where you get to be omnipotent.

Naturally, it is a rare occurrence. I, my self have only experienced this twice in my 20 years of life (well two and a half times really. I sort of "woke up" and thought "huh... I'm dreaming" then resumed dreaming). But apparently it is possible to induce lucid dreaming, which is something I'm currently trying.

Anyways, As I'm studying this awesome subject, I thought to myself, "huh, I wonder just how "omnipotent one really becomes..." Then I thought, "How awesome it would be if I could... 'unlock' certain... "doors" within my psyche..." Then I thought, "Could I?"

So here's what I am getting at: Could a person, with limited to no psychic abilities, gain or at least train their abilities, through lucid dreaming, if such abilities, in fact, existed? And if it is possible: How far would this go? how much would it take? what else would it be possible to do through this state of being where the consciousness meets the subconsciousness?

I don't know. What do you think?

[edit on 7/11/09 by Redajin]

join