It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Torchwood tv series, Swine flu and government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I'm not sure if any of you have watched the latest 5 part mini series of the british scifi show called "Torchwood" that aired this week.
For those of you unfamiliar with the show, it basically revolves around a "covert" semi-government organization called Torchwood who's main function is to protect the general populace from alien incursions.

Now the reason for this post is that whilst I was watching the show last night, I was struck by the similarity of a main part of the script and what many ATS members have been posting recently regarding Swine Flu and the alleged "forced" vacinations against Swine Flu that some governments are being accused of planning in the near future.
I'm sure that the similarities are just plain coincidence but the Torchwood government vacinations and what ATS members were posting sent a little shiver up my spine as i thought "what if ... ".

I'm not really sure if I'm coming across intelligently here so let me give you a brief outline of the Torchwood plot.

Back in 1965, the British government was in covert contact with an alien species simply referred to as "The 456". At that time, there was some kind of virus making the rounds and "The 456" made an agreement with the gov that in exchange for a cure for the virus, the gov would hand over 12 children to the aliens for undisclosed purposes. The children are handed over and the viral cure works.

24 years passes with no further contact and it's now 2009.

"The 456" once more make contact secretly with the British government and this time demand that 10% of the worlds children are handed over to them immediately ... if refused, "The 456" threaten to eliminate the human species entirely.
Under pressure, the government surrenders to the alien demand and agrees to hand over 325,000 children (the British share) but in an attempt to keep the public from learning about the aliens demand, concoct a story that these children are to be given a "mass vacination" against a disease that doesn't really exist, then transport these children to various army bases where they are to be handed over to the aliens.

The above is just a very brief overview of the plot with many details not mentioned. But basically what we had was in essence a government declared viral emergency that really didn't exist but the global media and WHO was used extensively to lend legitimacy to this so-called viral outbreak and convince the worlds population of it's existance.
Then the government comes up with a scheme of forced "vacinations" on millions of individuals to cover up their other secret agenda and to convinced the populace that these "vacinations" are for their own good.

Ok, I know it's only a tv scifi but I couldn't help but compare the plot similarities to those of the current Swine Flu pandemic as reported by some ATS members ... i.e. a highly virulent global pandemic and reports of government plans to introduce "forced vacinations" on their populace.

The only thing missing with the Swine Flu outbreak is an alien influence ... or perhaps it's not really missing and we are simply being kept in the dark !

[edit on 11-7-2009 by afoolbyanyothername]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by afoolbyanyothername

Hmmmm ... why can't I change the thread title to .... "Torchwood tv series, Swine flu and forced vacination" ??? Oh, well ...

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
i also watched that mini series....scary that its so close in similarities!!!! i knew that there was going to be forced vaccinations, cant remember where i heard it, but its so similar in circumstance its scary...and for the record, i dont believe in coincidences!!! lets hope we are all just paranoid!!!

[edit on 12-7-2009 by DARREN1976]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I'm surprised no-one raised this earlier. I agree, the last episode in particular was quite chilling with its similarities to what some conspiracists have suggested may happen with swine 'flu or indeed other events.

It was nice to see in the programme that normal folk fought back

However, I think the reality is that the writer is a clever guy and - given the subject of the series - quite probably reads conspiracy sites to get ideas. So effectively he wrote what we had already suggested might happen. Can't prove that, of course, but it does raise the question of whether ATS members ought to get some royalties

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

However, I think the reality is that the writer is a clever guy and - given the subject of the series - quite probably reads conspiracy sites to get ideas. So effectively he wrote what we had already suggested might happen. Can't prove that, of course, but it does raise the question of whether ATS members ought to get some royalties

Russel T Davies...apparently he is a sci-fi buff so conspiricy theorist he may well be!! would make sense I suppose.. he is the one that writes the plots for Dr. Who as well!!

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Thats why it was written in this way, a reflection that mirrors a certain amount of real life news, but not really pinpointing anything at all, I thought it was very good, only spoiled by the escape with the forklift truck in the army complex.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I tend to agree with the previous comments regarding the writer but can't get over the "coincidence" and "similarities" between the Torchwood plot premise and the Swine Flu scenario at the moment.

But as far as I know this Torchwood miniseries was filmed & completed months BEFORE Swine flu & forced vaccinations hit main stream media which makes the similatities even more amazing !

[edit on 12-7-2009 by afoolbyanyothername]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
That episode was very disappointing. There was no Martha, and wasn't Mickey supposed to be on Torchwood? ANYWAY!!! - as far as the last episode being close to reality. It was. I'm sure that if TPTB try to give vaccinations to children at school there will be a huge uproar. No doubt about that!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Hey....I hasn't run yet in the US.
You might want to say spoiler alert.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I believe its called hiding in plain sight. People will think of TV series or movies and such and not ever imagine "it could really happen because its on Tv or its in a movie".

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Yes funny coincidence that, not suprised the writer of Torchwood is also the writer of Doctor Who, and that also Torchwood is an anagram of Doctor Who! Yes an obvious one at that, and WHO (world health org) is the doctor in charge of managing the global pandemic of swine flu!!!
The plot thickens, just a shame dr who and torchwood (though I havent actually watched it) are badly acted, badly produced programs just like the rest of the prime time crap the bbc churns out!!
As for swine flu its just like ordinary flu but highly contagious, hopefully it won't mutate into something much more virulent as the reports seem to suggest it will, if it does watch out out, but from what I've gathered the more contagious and resistant these viruses become the less harmful they also become, kind of like the common cold. As for the vaccine the mind boggles! Its only works well in the early stages of infection and even then, only lessons the symtoms by a day or so at best, I mean whats the point in that! Doesn't cure or anything go look it up! Yet they want us all to take it, hmm?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars
Hey....I hasn't run yet in the US.
You might want to say spoiler alert.

I am so terribly sorry, where's my manners? SPOILER ALERT!!!!!

just edited this to add this complete and utter drivel to back up a second line, not educational whatsoever!!

[edit on 14-7-2009 by DARREN1976]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
We have already had swine flu panic in full force round my way, even the doctors have got a touch of swine flu mania, loads of people where not properly diagnosed with swine flu last week, they where all given tamiflu tablets and it turned out to be that a majority of them had tonsilitus or mild viral infections, what thick-heads those doctors where...or is there something more sinister at work here and they where not wrongly diagnosed? that it was just a ploy to get tamiflu in to the mainstream population as well, my sister in law has been given tamiflu without having swine flu by her doctor, and now she as rough as old boots!!! warned my wife and her neighbour to try and steer clear of it, and theres no way my doctors going to give my children it, theres plenty of natural remedies out there that can help!!! beware people, there is definately something that does not ring quite true about this whole debacle!! maybe its just me being paranoid, and i hope i am, but from what i have seen so far, it does not look good!!

[edit on 14-7-2009 by DARREN1976]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
IMHO There is a wakening process happening around our world I have come to call it a master plan, outside influences are helping us come to terms with what we subconsciously have known but feared since birth.

IMO the writers of these shows are being guided unknowingly to desensitise the masses in a way 'they' can understand and in this case its through television, but its not just tv series, take a look at the upcoming movies for this year and next year and spot the theme?

I firmly believe that writers all over the world are being guided in a kind of spiritual way to bring us the truth, of course I have no firm proof only my gut feeling.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
did anyone watch the Survivor series on the BBC. a drama based on the 1% of survivors of a mass virus outbreak. looking back on that show, that seemed much more of a conditioning type of program

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
did anyone watch the Survivor series on the BBC. a drama based on the 1% of survivors of a mass virus outbreak. looking back on that show, that seemed much more of a conditioning type of program

I've watched the Survivor series up to the end of the last season ... weren't they hinting or leading up to the fact that the virus was government manufactured and not a natural one ?

Please correct me if I have that wrong ....

top topics

join