It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A notice to those who oppose or have a problem with the Gay Rights Movement

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Survival and reproduction are animal instincts. We are sentient, and therefore not limited to just our animal instincts. I would also point out that homosexuality is found throughout the animal kingdom. I would also point out that many heterosexual couples choose not to have children. Shall we nullify their marriages because they are not reproducing? And aren't over 6 billion of us enough????

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I'm Not going to derail this thread and argue about semantics. The fact is For Christians Levitical Law Is The Word of GOD through Moses. The word of God is the word of God. You can't pick this Law or that Law to follow because its convenient to your lifestyle and consider yourself to be a good christian. Personally I believe organized Religion is a form of control and keeps you from truth. BUT I am well read in many religions because I believe there are things to be learned from all of them. That being said , You are flat out wrong in your interpretation of the Bible. It is what it is , When I'm wrong and someone proves it to me I embrace it , because that makes me grow as a person. None of us know everything , that's why life is fun. What I'm trying to say is your intentions were right , but your facts are wrong. Accept it and move on.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Homophobia is a sign that you are uncivilized. You're indeed a disgusting and a poor excuse of a human being.

Being homophobic only shows you haven't evolved. At all.

Time to grow up and accept the fact: We surround you

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

I would counter that legislating the rights of others should not be trusted to the mostly ignorant masses. It should be done by the state legislatures.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by redoubt

Survival and reproduction are animal instincts. We are sentient, and therefore not limited to just our animal instincts. I would also point out that homosexuality is found throughout the animal kingdom. I would also point out that many heterosexual couples choose not to have children. Shall we nullify their marriages because they are not reproducing? And aren't over 6 billion of us enough????

Please don't misunderstand... I am not seeking to make light of, or to slander the gay community. In fact, if I had one piece of advice in regard to marriage, it would be to be careful what you wish for!

If homosexuality is a true sexual inclination and NOT, as some have claimed, a 'choice', then there MUST be an underlying cause. Whether that is a fault or something that naturally occurs, is not yet understood. I think it has to be accepted as natural, though... at the same time there is some effort to determine exactly why it occurs./

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by debz325

You can have all the rights you want,just keep your morals out of the schools...

Well....YOU can have all the rights you want (you already do...), but just keep YOUR warped version of 'morality' out of the schools!!!!!

link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic
reply to post by DaisyAnne

But, you direct you remarks at those who voted.. and not at those who created the voting system.

You are singling out the wrong people.

I will back your rights as much as the next person... but when you start telling me or anyone else they CAN'T vote... you start a battle I/we will not let you win. It is my freedom to vote, and you will never stop that.

I directed my remarks to those that voted because I was conversing with you about having opinions and not enforcing those on others. In this context I entered into our recent discussion, hoping to make you see my point. I can now deduce that this was a mistake. So let me make myself clear for the last time here:

It is your freedom to vote. Vote on who runs your country, vote on noise ordinances, vote on pollution measures, vote until you are blue in the face. But do not rob anyone of their basic human rights as laid out by your constitution. This should not be an issue to vote on. The battle is not for your right to vote, that is not in question here. It's for their right to be an equal citizen. Plain and simple. We don't vote on robbing any other section of society of their rights. So why do we vote on this?

link   
If Homosexuality is such a sin how come SOOO SOOOO SOOOOOOOOOOO many Christian and Catholic religions contain

CRAP TONS of FATTIES?!?!? (FAT PEOPLE)

Isn't overindulging with food considered a DEADLY SIN?

GLUTTONY?

WHY are FAT PEOPLE allowed to be married?

THEY ARE FREAKING SINNERS?

But the church will marry fat people.

Heck I see tons of Fat Preachers all the time.

100 Internets to whoever gives me the answer to this one.

-----------------------------SPOILER ALERT-----------------------------------

The correct answer is "Double Standard"

Edited because I got carried away trying to make my point and did not want the whole post deleted.

[edit on 11-7-2009 by TurkeyBurgers]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Ok. Next question.

If acceptance is what you and others of the gay community really want, is parading, acting so stereo-typically, really going to get you what you want? How is dressing like a butch nun and disrupting church services going to get you socially accepted?

Again, not acting nasty, just asking honest questions.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I'm not the one who drew the battle lines on this one. It's the nature of the beast. Look at the civil rights movement in the African American community. It was a 'us against them' movement. When the majority tries to limit the rights of the minority, the minority must consider themselves a group and unite to fight for their rights. It is the exact same thing here.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Although I personally treat individual Homosexuals whom I may run into the same way I treat anyone, which is with Respect and Compassion, I still do not agree with their lifestyle.

As a Christian, I believe in my heart that the simple lesson of "Adam & Eve" is all the justification which is required so as to define and justify Heterosexuality, and thus Marriage as a direct consequence of such. It does not mean that I will treat a Homosexual in a mean or disrespectful manner, to the contrary, I will judge and treat them based upon their character and actions, but I do not condone nor hold any acceptance of this specific aspect of their lives.

As an American, and a Constitutionalist; as a firm believer in our Founding Ideals and Traditions, and as a student of History, I believe that Homosexuality is wrong for this Nation. We certainly do not hold any specific religion to an officially higher mound over another, nor do we officially purpose decisions or actions upon such, but we cannot deny that the founding values of this Nation are in fact Christian, and therefore, in opposition to the very idea of Homosexuality in general. In terms of History as well, every civilization which has succumbed to rampant and seemingly immoral sexual practices, including Adultery, Homosexuality, and so on, has as a result of such collapsed. It is a simple fact of life, and it should not be ignored. We MUST learn from History, it is our greatest Teacher, and to ignore or somehow believe that we will not face the same disastrous results by taking a similar path, is utterly naive.

Therefore, I will state emphatically that I have no problem with a good, productive member of society who just so happens to be Homosexual, but I do have a problem when likewise individuals begin to push forth their agendas upon myself and others. If you simply keep your sexuality to yourself, then I sincerely have NO problem with such, but DO NOT attempt to commence forth on an Anti-Christian, Anti-Heterosexual, Anti-Traditional American Value campaign. (This also applies to the need to cease with the labels and name calling, which includes blasting Christians and anti-Homosexuals as "Homophobes". It is oh so easy to dispense with likewise ravings and such, but the truth of the matter is that you need to respect the opinions of others, if you in turn want your opinion to be respected as well).

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I had to star this one... these are my sentiments exactly.

Equal rights, all good by me, but because of your alternative lifestyle which you have chosen, you should be more aware of your surroundings. As prepubescent children are influenced easily. Sexuality should be a lesson taught later in life, in my opinion. Not one that should come up because of observations they have made while playing in the park. That doesnt mean you cant be affectionate to your partner, just please be observant to who is around you. And again, that goes for heterosexual couples as well. Theres no need to be gettin dirty on the grass while children are playing around.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Then you will never have what you want... left to those people you will continue to be "oppressed".

The masses are who you need to have on your side in the end.

The "ignorant masses" (that is a sad statement for someone wanting "equality" since you are a part of the masses) will be the ones in true power when they finally wake up.

I am sorry, I could see your point of view and almost agree with it till you decide to degrade those who aren't like you. Pot, meet kettle.

That is pathetic.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Jaxon you are a good guy and you always handle this stuff well, so I respect you for that.

So what is it specifically that people want in the gay rights movement. Can you make me a list, because honestly I dont even know what it is that you arent getting, but i am sure you wouldnt have made this thread if you didnt have a valid point or two to make.

So just a list of things that if we got all of these things then we would feel equal?

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Considering the subject matter, this has to be one of the most considerate and civil conversations on the web.

With that, the hour is late here and tomorrow is an early day.

Best wishes to all and a good night

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

And that just got you on my friends list! FATTIES! ROTFLMQAO! (Wanna guess what the Q stands for???)

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

EWS, you are certainly a contradiction and an enigma, based on your siggy!!

HOW can a person who quotes from "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" say something like:

For Christians Levitical Law Is The Word of GOD through Moses.

Who was first? Is it the 'christian' religion? Or, the 'mosian' religion??

Wasn't "moses" ('mohammed') also cited by the Muslims?? I see a complete cafeteria-style trend here....take a tray, pick and choose from the selections, discard what you don't like.....

Don't get me wrong --- I think the ENTIRE 'bible' is a load of goose feathers....cobbled together from disparate writings that were (eventually, once writing was invented) put down on stone, papyrus, parchment...after generations of lore....by Nomadic superstitious desert wanderers thousands of years ago.....need I go on???

The 'bible' is a HUMAN invention!!! Period. Sorry to bluntly burst in with logical and critical thinking skills, but the sooner this species learns to accept this fact, the sooner we will begin to truly advance.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I'm not the one who drew the battle lines on this one. It's the nature of the beast. Look at the civil rights movement in the African American community. It was a 'us against them' movement. When the majority tries to limit the rights of the minority, the minority must consider themselves a group and unite to fight for their rights. It is the exact same thing here.

But you have to understand.. that is falling into the same trap.

In the end WE are all the same... We have to change the way of thinking or it is the same battles just with different sides and circumstances.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

OK , This I kinda object to... and I'm curious who started this. Why is being gay always likened to being black & compared to the civil rights movement? When you actually sit down and break it down in your head... REALLY think about it. It's NOTHING alike!?! It's such a weak argument , How many Gay people have been sold in this country? How Many Gay people were Legal Property? I See Where you can try to make the connection saying they're both minorities , but sit and look at what your saying and logically try to create a connection. Don't Be a Parrot or a Repeater. Sorry Man , I said I wasn't going to derail your thread but I couldn't let that one slide by.... Sorry

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
having issues with gays is gay

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join