It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A notice to those who oppose or have a problem with the Gay Rights Movement

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Let us ask God what he thinks.

God tell us what you think on this matter. Let us know what is your will so we can settle the matter once and for all.
God? You get intrawebs up there?
Bro? You there?
Bro?

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

And both sources you used are from the Tenakh (Old Testament). The ones I used were 'direct' quotes from Jesus, the founder of Christianity. As I stated in the OP, these should trump those preceding it, and quite frankly, from the Holy Book of another religion.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I have a question for the OP (sorry if this has been brought up already)

Why do a group of people need to identify themselves soley by their sexual preference?

That's like looking at a diamond and judging it by one cut facet only.

Honest question, really.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I do not want to have that conversation with my children and if I was forced into it, I don't think the gay community would appriciate what I would tell my kids.You can have all the rights you want,just keep your morals out of the schools and churches.This is why gay people want marriage,they live in hopes that the church will eventually except there life style and hopefully they never will.Why would they just not call it something else besides marrage with the same rights?I will tell you why...they love to offend christians.Don't get me wrong I certainly don't think homosexuality is unforgivable any more than premarritial sex or adultry but I certainly will not be teaching my children that it is morally acceptable.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ViewFromTheStars

I am not a Christian, but I am a very spiritual person. I have a very different view of the Divine than that of Christianity. But the basic point is that it is my decision and I'm the one who will have to answer for it. To insist that I must follow the teachings of your (in the broad sense, not the personal sense) religion is wrong. Each individual is responsible for their own soul.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut

That Being said I believe Love is Love and If you're a guy and you find love with another dude more power to you , same with chicks. Just don't impose your lifestyle on me. I feel the same about Gays , Christians , Liberals , Jews , Mormons , Conservatives , Etc. Do your thing , its cool. Just don't argue with me why I should see your point of view & I'll promise to extend you that same courtesy.

That's all I ask of anyone

I'm not asking anyone to agree with it, I'm just asking that they don't infringe on the rights of others with their opinions.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DaisyAnne

I think your gripe is more with the system in that case and less with people's opinions...

The way you make it sound.. they should not be voting. You should be trying to change that system instead of trying to change people's opinions.

Again, You can't fault someone for voting with their beliefs, just because it does not adhere to your wants.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by debz325
I do not want to have that conversation with my children and if I was forced into it, I don't think the gay community would appriciate what I would tell my kids.You can have all the rights you want,just keep your morals out of the schools and churches.This is why gay people want marriage,they live in hopes that the church will eventually except there life style and hopefully they never will.Why would they just not call it something else besides marrage with the same rights?I will tell you why...they love to offend christians.Don't get me wrong I certainly don't think homosexuality is unforgivable any more than premarritial sex or adultry but I certainly will not be teaching my children that it is morally acceptable.

I'm glad you are able to tell us the motives behind the gay community.
All this time I thought it was for equal rights, but now you have pointed out that all this time it was all simply to offend Christians. Well, I never.

Even you must see how ridiculous that sounds?
Personally, I'm not a Christian, so I don't have to deal with the Bible. But suppose for a minute, that these people just want to be able to be who they are and also love their God. I don't envy them that dreadfully precarious balancing act, but I respect them for trying.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic

I think your gripe is more with the system in that case and less with people's opinions...

The way you make it sound.. they should not be voting. You should be trying to change that system instead of trying to change people's opinions.

Again, You can't fault someone for voting with their beliefs, just because it does not adhere to your wants.

You're right. I don't think they should have been voting for legislation of other people's private lives to begin with.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Replying to the original post here...

Personally, I have no issue with homosexuals 'kissing' in public. But there is more in play than a simple physical act of affection.

I think we are on a cusp here, as both a nation and a world, in defining exactly 'what' homosexuality is. We are no longer living in the dark ages where lepers are confined to colonies and those with various religious beliefs are held under the hand of inquisition.

To this point, the best explanation I have heard says that homosexuality is fault in the human condition. This based on the simple science that sex is first and foremost reproductive in nature and that those who don't follow this natural path are, in essence, outside the system of the survival of the species.

The two most dynamic and irresistible of human natures are 1-survival and 2-reproduction.

The theory goes on to say that if you have two islands and on one, you place 100 heterosexual couples and the other, 100 homosexual couples.

In 100 years, only one of the two islands would still have a population.

Again... and this is personally speaking, I think gays should be granted every right to life and happiness than anyone else has. But strictly on the science of the issue, they may represent a fault in the species. It could be a genetic disease that we are learning to accept for social reasons rather than to cure for the good of all.

Best to all

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

It's a fair and good question. If I were to list adjectives to describe me, gay would not be on the top of the list, by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, it would be towards the end of the list. However, in this particular case, when others try to legislate my rights away, and deny me the rights that every other citizen in the 'land of the free' enjoy, then it's an issue that needs to be addressed. It just happens that there are many of us who share that adjective, and as a group, we just want equality. If you don't understand this, get one of your friends of the same sex and walk down the street holding hands. You won't make it a block before you see what life is like for those of us who share that adjective! Blind hatred is never pretty!

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

That is not their fault though.. they are expressing their freedoms with voting.

You are venturing into the waters you are against. Telling someone not to vote, is like telling someone not to be "gay".

If the system wasn't set up that way maybe things would be different.. but it is, and telling people to not vote because your opinion thinks its wrong is quite hypocritical.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by debz325

Oh, yes! We all get together and come up with ways to PO the Christians! That's what it's all about! Damn, you found us out!

I hate to break it to you, but we care nothing about you or your 'morality'. The universe does not rotate around you and your religion!

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I support gay marriage as long as both chicks are hot.

sorry for the one liner but i was told if you have nothing nice to say then say nothing.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic

That is not their fault though.. they are expressing their freedoms with voting.

You are venturing into the waters you are against. Telling someone not to vote, is like telling someone not to be "gay".

If the system wasn't set up that way maybe things would be different.. but it is, and telling people to not vote because your opinion thinks its wrong is quite hypocritical.

No, it's not hypocritical at all.

I have said from the start that I don't mind other people's opinions but I do mind the fact that they are voting on the rights of others. I don't think it is anyone's business to go out there and legislate the personal lives of others. It's pretty outrageous to me, to strip citizens of their rights this way. And it should be outrageous to everyone.

I have said all of this from the start, and I have maintained my position clearly. You have a right to your opinion, but you shouldn't be able to vote other people rights away based on that opinion. It's not just that they shouldn't have voted. It's that it shouldn't have been up for a vote at all.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Population density studies showed that once populations in certain insects reached critical masses males of the species showed female characteristics and 'fooled' other males, thus decreasing populations.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

That is where you are losing ground.. thinking in terms of "we" about your "group".

You should take the stance of all being "us" instead of trying to separate yourself. After all, you want the same as "everyone".

That is the problem with our species.... trying to section off into groups. Until everyone is together.. none will be satisfied.

[edit on 11-7-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
omgsh people, it's simply wrong, ok.

I am a christian and it's wrong to condemn or be prejudice against gays but its simply wrong!

I never want my kids exposed to that!

I have friends who are gay, they know where i stand, and they're okay with that. jus bc your against it, doesnt mean we have to be hateful though.

I'm sorry. but its the truth.

hate the sin, love the sinner.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by redoubt

Population density studies showed that once populations in certain insects reached critical masses males of the species showed female characteristics and 'fooled' other males, thus decreasing populations.

Perhaps.. but homosexuality stretches across the broad range of human history. It would have to be triggered more by the social environment than one of say... a simple limitation of resources. Ancient Rome being one example. But still and all, one theory as worthy as any other.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

But, you direct you remarks at those who voted.. and not at those who created the voting system.

You are singling out the wrong people.

I will back your rights as much as the next person... but when you start telling me or anyone else they CAN'T vote... you start a battle I/we will not let you win. It is my freedom to vote, and you will never stop that.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join