It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A notice to those who oppose or have a problem with the Gay Rights Movement

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
People who spend all their time worrying about what gay people are doing, have big problems. Hows that saying go? The people who are the most homophobic are most likely gay themselves and trying to hide it?

I completely agree with that.

I live in oakland, across the bay from san francisco and theres plenty of gay people, they don't bother me. Why are you people so concerned with what other people are doing?

As far as public affection, I don't think anyone should be doing it. I don't like watching straight people kiss and make out in public, its disgusting, and I don't like watching gays do it either, but it has nothing to do with being homophobic.

I have a wife and a daughter and I don't try to like shield my daughter when I see gays in public, who cares. Some of you are seriously messed up in the head if you are preaching to your kids that certain people are bad and stuff like that. Thats so wrong.

What if your kids turn out gay. Would you hate them and disown them? I'm willing to bet some of you would. That is DISGUSTING that you would do that.

You guys can do all that hating in your states, but don't come to california and try to pull that crap. A few years ago there was some anti gay protesters in san francisco, and they all got their ass kicked by a bunch of gay guys. It was HILARIOUS! All these big tough straight guys getting their asses handed to them by "fairies". God it was great. They got their little stupid "god hates fags" signs riped to shreads and they got ran out of the city! Literally. It was freaking hilarious. They literally got ran all the way back to arkansas or wherever the hell they came from.. YOU HATEFUL PEOPLE AREN'T WELCOME HERE, SORRY. Stay out of my state.

The police didn't even stop it ahah.

And yes here in california people voted against the gay marriage thing, but I don't think that had much to do with hate, there where other reasons. And another thing, most the people who voted against it are black people, and I know a lot of black people, and its sad to say but a lot of them are VERY homophobic. But thats about the only hate I ever witness in my state. They don't "hate" gays, but they are homophobic, its kinda hard to explain. For instance I never hear about blacks hurting gay people or anything, its always white rednecks.

But I also never see blacks out protesting about this stuff, its always little scrawny religious rednecks.

I'm so freaking glad the state I live in isnt full of racists and homophobes. No offense to any southern people but I used to live in Alabama and the people there were the most hateful people I've ever seen.

I am white and my wife is black and our daughter is obviously mixed, and I've had people say the most racist things to us when we lived down there. I've even seen these SCUMBAGS saying that my daughter is "unnatural" because she is half black... How can you say that stuff about a little 5 year old girl? That is disgusting.

My daughter sure as hell is a lot more beautiful than those all white pale inbred looking redneck kids that I saw down there

The funny thing about this racist hicks is they are some of the most weak minded and physically weak people I've ever encountered. Now I'm not a violent person, but a few times i've seen these HICKS say stuff about my daughter and I confronted them about it, and all of them totally PUSS out and apoligize and all kinda crap.

These people have such strong hateful beliefs, but they sure don't stand by them when confronted haha.

FREAKING DISGUSTING! You people with all that hate don't deserve to be on this earth.

And i laugh at you idiots who compare gay rights groups, and the black panthers and groups like that to the KKK. Sorry but the KKK is just a hateful organization. These other groups are actually trying to do something POSITIVE! I can't think of one single thing the KKK has ever done that positive. Unless you consider standing up for white people, who are some of the most corrupt people ever, a postiive thing. Sorry, but the average white person has NOTHING to be crying about in this country. Crying about "we are trying to save our race" is the stupidest thing I have heard, grow the hell up.

Also I've seen people complaining about gays hitting on them. Well I live near san francisco, lotsa gays here and I've never got hit on. No offense but maybe you guys put out a gay vibe? Ever thought of that? lol

[edit on 11-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic
reply to post by DaisyAnne

And that is a shame... I can't speak for those voters, they can only speak for themselves. I would hope that each of those people were using their own opinions, and not following a "pack herd" mentality.

If each of those single people felt strongly enough to vote their feeling, I can't in good conscience condemn them for their choice. It is THEIR choice... unfortunately another minority was hurt by a majority.

It is a vicious cycle that has plagued man, and will always plague man.

But you cant say each person has the right to feel and choose what they want, then turn around and say it was wrong because the outcome was not what you wanted.

That is why it is not a TRUE free society... someone always gets left in the muck.

That's true, and again, I agree with you.
I just wish I could ask those people who voted in California if they could have just had their beliefs without stripping others of their rights.
That's really all I'm asking.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

RR, you aren't thinking this all the way through.

Let's say....you and your sig other (opposite sexes) aren't "married"...just shacking up. Your families hate it, but you both flip 'em the bird, and carry on.

NOW....one of you is injured terribly, and in hospital. IF the family of the injured DOES NOT LIKE YOU, and doesn't want you to visit their injured loved one, YOU HAVE NO rights!! Now, how does that make you feel? Hmmmm?

Switch to.....you and your lovely spouse now enjoy the rights and priveleges afforded by a 'marriage'....which, whether 'consecrated' in a religious institution or not, is still ALSO a civil contract in the eyes of the LAW....so no one can bar you from seeing your spouse in the Hostpital.

Getting it now???????

There are other examples....think about it....

[edit on 11 July 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ulala

Read it wrong??? I don't see what you mean? A TRUE conservative is all about equal rights, it's the neo-cons that don't! As for the 'gay' tag, it's just a word. For me, it does not describe my lifestyle, it describes my sexual preference. As stated in the OP, I do not fit the stereotype in anyway.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by aravoth

Oregon is an absolutely beautiful state! I've been there. But when the temp gets below 70, I'm shivering in the bed! I've spent too many years in the heat! Mid 80's feels comfy to me!

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I'm probably going to get some hate for this, but I'm just going to be honest.

First off, I have gay friends. One of my best friends is gay. I've had similar experiences as Bigmedia. Gays hitting on you after you tell them MANY times that you don't swing that way, and aren't interested in the slightest. This isn't cool, but besides this, I just say live and let live..

Here's the part that will probably tick people off, but I still think it's best to say. I personally think homosexuality stems from an imbalance. Not psychological...or at least not just. I think it's genetic usually. I think that there are biochemical and hormonal imbalances, which can be corrected. Someone who has been that way all there life, even if given the opportunity, may not want to revert back. That's cool. I respect that. It really is none of my business. That being said, I still think it's an imbalance of some sort.

The biggest tell for me, is that most gays are not simply like women. They are an EXTREME version of a woman. Like when a woman has hormonal problems. Not all of course, there are many varieties. I've read that there is a link between copper toxicity and homosexuality. This could be one cause.

I don't look down on gays. I don't dislike them..In fact, I find many to be highly creative, brilliant, unique individuals..I too have biochemical disorders which are being treated. Just like I don't like to admit that I'm defective genetically, I can understand how a homosexual wouldn't want to admit this either.

As to whether gays should be allowed to be married or not..I just don't comprehend how this could be an issue. Gays are here to stay. Why not allow them the same freedoms, and happiness as anyone else? That just seems arrogant, and ignorant. I'm all for equal rights. Are there any statistics that say homosexuals are more prone to be bad parents, or criminals after being married, or any other rubbish like that? No, I don't think so. They are just people who want the same opportunities as other people, period.

[edit on 11-7-2009 by unityemissions]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
"It's all about opening up minds to other possibilities."

That is the true purpose of ATS. That is the only reason that I come here. To attempt to open up my mind to more possibilities. Science, Religion, Politics. To try and understand why people think the way they do. To try and understand why I think the way that I do. To have reasonable exchanges of information. To expand my thought process.

One of my favorite things that I have learned from ATS is my viewpoint on Race. I snuck into a thread that had like ten different mods discussing Race. It was so freaking EPIC. I learned that since every human can reproduce with every other human that black or white or asian or hispanic is not a "Race" but a Breed.

That being a Human is being a member of a Race.

Threads like this teach me that bigotry still exists in my neighbors.

Especially seeing statistics that show the majority of the people in California that voted against gay marriage are black.

So sad to think that a Breed of the Human Race that has seen so much repression has turned around and done the same exact thing to another group of people.

And a portion of the people who voted against marriage are women who not too long ago were also repressed horribly in this country.

How does that quote go?

Those that do not learn from history are.......Doomed to repeat it......

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Sorry but you lost all credibility with me when you quoted a Paul McCartney line from a James Bond movie. Can't think of a better way to take you cause straight to satire.

Personally I could care less if anyone is gay. I do think some of them act like idiots just wanting everybody to know they're gay.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Don't put your business in the street and you won't have to defend your sexual preference.

A little kiss and hug is OK with me. I kiss and hug all my male and female friends in public but I don't check their tonsils with my tongue.

I am a heterosexual that could have been bi-sexual. I was born in 1947 so you can see why I did not act on my urges. My parents would have disowned me.

My friends consist of gays, lesbians, priests, straight and old men that like young women.

I don't care who anyone sleeps with as long as it is not my man.

It seems to me that a person just needs to feel comfortable in their own skin. Be true to yourself.

I am a Christian and am from the south. Live and let live.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by slicobacon

It's called a metaphor. If that's all it takes to lose credibility with you...

As for acting like idiots, ever been to a Tractor Pull? Again, we're not the only ones....

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
What would God do?

Keeper

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

....ever been to a Tractor Pull?

Or, for those who were 'complaining' about parades....how about watching some sports fans, and how they behave??

It's called 'enthusiasm'....

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

I don't put my business on the street, and don't support those that do. I also don't support playing tonsil hockey, no matter who you are. Go home or go get a room. But this has absolutely nothing to do with equal rights. It's just the excuse used by some to justify denying these rights.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keeper of Kheb
What would God do?

Keeper

Only an arrogant fool would answer that question. To assume to know the mind of the Divine is the ultimate arrogance.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Marriage is the permanent bond between a woman and man. It is sanctified by God. There are secular marriages done by the justice of the peace.

Any relation where a man lays with a nother male, or woman lays with another female is an abomination. Therefore God cannot sanctify that vulgarity.

The churches of god or their father or the holy father who is Luciferian will honor such an unholy bond.

Plain and simple. Nothing else can be said, no long diatribe here.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Ok just to warn you all, I'm going to be all over the place on this.

I am 6'4 200 lbs and seem to be "attractive" I get hit on by both men and women all the time, maybe it's my genial personality, I don't know, I treat gay men like I would an un-attractive female, thanks but no thanks, I'm flattered and try to move on, if they get "aggressive, I tell them straight up, "you can say any thing you wish, if you touch me I will rip your arm off and beat you with it, no means no".
I work with both gays and lesbians, I have no issue with it at all as well as "bisexuals" ( IN TEXAS, and no not Austin ) I have no issue with this, I only take issue and umbrage at the "Hi I'm Billy Bob and I'm gay" type introduction. THIS offends me, I don't go around saying I'm the digirati and I have blue eyes, I lost a job once a few years ago because at work a woman asked me how I felt about lesbians, and I said I didn't care about them because it didn't affect production, I was labeled as intolerant and let go. (how equal was that?)

I could cite hundreds of personal experiences with gay men and lesbian women that I have had over the years, it's a moot point, the ONLY way to have "equal rights" in todays America is to be rich enough to pay for them, we are ALL second class citizens.

and think about this, no matter how bad it is for any of us it could be worse, it could be "for the (good of) children" the most Vile statement ever uttered in the world.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Symetra

Marriage is the permanent bond between a woman and man.

Please excuse me while I pick my jaw up from the floor!!!

"permanent"? The divorce rate in the USA is over 50%

Catholic Priests are 'married' to god/jesus....ALL Catholic Priests are males...jesus was male, 'god' is given the pronoun "he"....see any problem??

Sorry....that attempt is a failure, it just is not realistic, and has no basis in fact.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
thank you for this topic!!! its totaly awsome!!!

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

To those who object to homosexual behavior due to their religious beliefs (mainly Christians as I've seen you in the religious threads), I would remind you that Jesus gave you only two commandments: 29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: 30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. 31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these. Mark 12; verses 29-31 I would also add: 37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven

You are way off base here..

Actually Jesus gave us more than just two commandments, He told us to REPENT. You know what repent means?

Lots to type here but I'm just going to respond to these two scriptures. If I love you as a brother, which I do.. I should warn you about something that the second scripture eludes to:

I'M not going to judge you but -GOD- is. How are you going to fare when that happens? Just because God instructs us as Christians not to judge others, that DOES not mean that HE is not going to judge us. Also, it is well within my rights to judge the fruits of a person and homosexuality goes against every thread of the Bible..sorry but that is the truth and you can take it or leave it.

[edit on 11-7-2009 by ViewFromTheStars]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I don't have a problem with anyone & to each His/Her Own. I DO have a problem with people who don't deny ignorance. The bible says

"You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination." (Leviticus 18:22)

"If a man lie with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them." (Leviticus 20:13)

Now I'm not a Christian , and I see the Bible as more of a Story on morality. But if you are going to use a source as your defining argument. At least research that source so that it can't be used to validate the opposing argument. That Being said I believe Love is Love and If you're a guy and you find love with another dude more power to you , same with chicks. Just don't impose your lifestyle on me. I feel the same about Gays , Christians , Liberals , Jews , Mormons , Conservatives , Etc. Do your thing , its cool. Just don't argue with me why I should see your point of view & I'll promise to extend you that same courtesy.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join