It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A notice to those who oppose or have a problem with the Gay Rights Movement

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by aravoth

The state of Virginia:

Not only is it illegal to have sex with the lights on, one may not have sex in any position other than missionary.

Any person, not being married, who voluntarily shall have
sexual intercourse with any other person, shall be guilty
of fornication, punishable as a Class 4 misdemeanor.

(Code 1950, �� 18.1-188, 18.1-190; 1960, c. 358; 1975, cc.
14, 15.)

Source.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

I DON'T have the same rights as a straight man or woman. I could give a flying frak less whether or not you like or dislike my lifestyle, but I do care if I have the right to openly defend my country (instead I had to hide who and what I was for 8 years), I do care if I have the right to marry the person I love, I do care if I have the right to be the next of kin for the one I love.

My TC in the army was openly gay, as was about 5 other guys in my battalion. So I'm not quite sure where you are going with this.

Marriage is a religious rite, not something that is even supposed to be legislated. Start a gay church, be the pastor, and do your own thing, nothing stopping you from doing that.

The hospital I work at allows next of kin for gay couples, married or not. Not sure where you are going with this either.

[edit on 11-7-2009 by aravoth]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

I thought it was a phase and that it would go away. As for the sex part, ask any man, you touch it and it has a mind of it's own! Also, take a look at prison inmates.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
As extreamly open minded that I am.. and by my own way of life I can just say this..

There is a time and place for everything!!!

Straight couples making out in public is a bit tacky.. Gay couples making out in public is also Tacky!!

And most my gay friends will agree.. Life is just life.. and you can not make everyone happy!!
The best bet is just to be happy.. and Find a time and place to show your affection.. Holding hands and hugging is all good!! For anyone!!

But grinding and making out full force in public is just as I said.. Tasteless.
And if kids are around. Its even more tasteless!

Most the time it comes down to be respectful.. And both sides have their fair share of disrespect!!

Also to add.. Im all about gay rights. ect ect..
But things are moving a little to fast.. Some of these people are going to have to take it down a notch!! We came a long ways in the last few years.

I say take that time to take in the victories already at hand.. And slow it down a bit.. And people will come around sooner or later.. BUT not everything.. Thast just life.. You wont have 100% agreement on any issue at anytime where everyone agrees.. Its a big world out here.
And its never a good idea to shove your ways upon others!! And vise versa.. People are more willing to come around in their own time.. Then if someone or a group of people try to force anything to fast..
Timming is key.. And everyone both gay and straight need to take their own time.

And I just think sometimes gays and supporters are pushing things a little to fast right now.. Granted its okay to push.. But when you have a Big win.. Give it some time to set in..

In the last few years.. Things are really starting to look good for humans being able to love another human reguardless of gender..
And nothing wrong with that.. So with all that said.. Im just glad things are going much better than they did before..

Yet we know.. You can't please them all.. And there is a Time and place for all things!!!

Not saying if you are gay stay in the closet or anything AT all! BE Gay and proud if you like.. Just have a level of respect..
Yes most Gays have morals too.. And the gay guys I know.. They don't act like the hollywood Gay guy you see on TV..

They go out mudding with me.. Drive trucks.. Never hit on straight people..
And most people wouldnt even know they are gay.. They act like you and me.. Not that stero typical gay guy who prances around and acts all frilly and silly...
That to me is an issue that Gays are going to have to deal with in their own circles of life..
Its not up to non gay folks to dictate that..
Trust me.. Theres more in fighting within the gay world.. Than straight VS gay.. And thats what makes this hard to explain..
AS I have been to the gay bars plenty of times.. And the average gay guy who likes to drink beer, talk about sports, hang out at a BBQ.. really look at those stero type gay guys and do a face palm..
Then you have the trannies, and drag queens.. Thats a whole other issue..

But trust me when I say.. They are their own worst enemies at times..

Most gays turn on their own.. And spread just as much hate as the typical person who stands Against gay rights.. Its a little disturbing.. But its life.

When a group of people are hated on.. Then tend to turn that hate in on eachother or themselfs..

[edit on 11-7-2009 by zysin5]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

TB, everything you've just described explains a 'preference' to a 'T', when it comes to Human sexuality.

I can't speak for the OP, since I wasn't subjected to the same environment, the kind that 'forced' him, as it does countless others, to try to deny the truth in order to 'conform'...I am, of course, referring to religion, and the intolerance that that can entail.

As to a man (or woman) who is actually homosexual, but forces themselves to perform in the 'straight' role? The Human brain is capable of much, including a rich, rich ability to fantasize! Alcohol helps, too...

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Ok I am totally not dissing this thread, buddy has his things hes got to get out there and thats good.

But Is AboveTopSecret really the place to be having a gay rights discussion? seriously,
these kind of threads take away from the whole

I really dont mind this thread, btu there seem to be alot of these popping up here..??? Like the smoking one..?

how does this stuff have to do with anything that this forums is about??

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DaisyAnne

And that is a shame... I can't speak for those voters, they can only speak for themselves. I would hope that each of those people were using their own opinions, and not following a "pack herd" mentality.

If each of those single people felt strongly enough to vote their feeling, I can't in good conscience condemn them for their choice. It is THEIR choice... unfortunately another minority was hurt by a majority.

It is a vicious cycle that has plagued man, and will always plague man.

But you cant say each person has the right to feel and choose what they want, then turn around and say it was wrong because the outcome was not what you wanted.

That is why it is not a TRUE free society... someone always gets left in the muck.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas
how does this stuff have to do with anything that this forums is about??

You are the one posting in here man... NO one made you read these threads or post in them..

Its called Free speach.. And all these people have every right to make threads and speak of these issues..

No one said.. Hey KingAtlas, you have to read these threads and take part.. Just sayin!

link   
reply to post by aravoth

That would differ from state to state. Here in Florida, we have no such protections. Also, I said Civil marriage. There are Gay Churches, the Metropolitian Community Church is the best example. As for military service, I was in before 'Don't ask, don't tell', but since it has been in place, over 13,000 service members have been discharged due to sexual orientation. Source.

link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic

That is why it is not a TRUE free society... someone always gets left in the muck.

Indeed, Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for lunch.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

But Is AboveTopSecret really the place to be having a gay rights discussion? seriously,
these kind of threads take away from the whole

Ahem!!! Check the title of the Forum that the thread is in, it's at the top.....

OK, back now? Good. Get it???

[edit on 11 July 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

Look at the forum it was posted in, 'Psychology, Philosophy and Metaphysics. ATS is a place to discuss all kinds of things. From UFO's to religion. And those subjects not serious enough for ATS are on BTS.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Well written post. Everytime the this subject comes up, others including myself try to have a civil conversation with those that oppose, but the mudd slinging begins just as the conversations begin. Same happens here. It never ceases to amaze me that people have such closed minded views on this. Everyone has their opinions, may not mean much to others but there is no law or reason for anyone to have to be able to not like gays. This is a losing battle here. I don't understand what it is to people when it comes to gay relationships.

Why is it they feel it is their business? It's not even those weekend church idiots that probably never even read the bible that are spewing all of this hate, but even people not affliated with the church. The loudest opposing voice is of course the church. I don't understand why people cannot mind their own business, what is it about gays that people are afraid of? My guess would be that these people are not only taught that it is so bad, sick, unnatural, against god, etc etc but also that they themselves are afraid they will turn gay if they are in the same room with someone that is gay for too long.

Every place I had ever worked, if there was a rumor that someone was gay, then everyone was on high alert. It was ridiculous. I'm always accused of being gay because I have always been a supporter of the gay rights movement. I don't care what they think, they are the ones with a problem. I do think that someday, this will be an issue discussed in the past tense and consider the gay haters today to be very stupid and close minded.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by aravoth

That would differ from state to state. Here in Florida, we have no such protections. Also, I said Civil marriage. There are Gay Churches, the Metropolitian Community Church is the best example. As for military service, I was in before 'Don't ask, don't tell', but since it has been in place, over 13,000 service members have been discharged due to sexual orientation. Source.

Then move to a state that does.

Everyone hails "democracy" when people vote along thier ideological lines, those same people will cry when it doesn't. Gay rights movements, Black Panthers, La Raza, Womens leage of whatever, Association of Transgendered rabbits, and whatever other flavor of the month movements spring up. Not really any different from a gang of Neo Nazi's on parade.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOTECH

What is there to say to homosexual persons except you reap what you sow. If your love represents nothing but the homosexual lust of 2 men then you will reap nothing but your lust from the union. When a couple that is of a man and woman is together then a child may be born. If you seek a child in your union then it should be of a man and a woman. If all you seek is each other and no product of the union then you harm no one with it. If no harm is done who has a care of this union but yourselves

hmmmmmmmm. I want to make sure I understand you before I have a...... mancow.

My Bride and I chose to not have children. This was a choice we talked about and made, together, prior to getting married. Are we merely bound together by our heterosexual lust, and therefore the union doesn't matter?

See how that sounds when shifted away from the concept of two men?
And what about women? Are lesbians getting a pass here, or is the heterosexual community just more forgiving of them?

Please set me straight. I was frankly surprised to see this coming from you. I hope I've misunderstood.

[edit to include your quote]

[edit on 11/7/09 by argentus]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by aravoth

Because all of those states have white stuff that falls from sky!
Sorry, but I'm a weather wimp! I like it warm!

It's just a matter of time, and I'm a patient man. The reason I started this thread is to make people think. It's all about opening up minds to other possibilities.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Equal rights for all...Special rights for none.

What rights are we talking about?

Name one thing a straight individual can do that a gay individual can't.

Don't even think about bringing up the marriage Barbara Streisand. Because a gay individual is allowed to marry anyone they want as long as they are of the opposite sex, just like straight individuals can.

Can they vote? Can they own property? Can they peacefully protest?

Are gay people really looking for equal rights or looking for acceptance? If I don't accept you does that really give you less rights?

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Oh, you mean the "North American Marlon Brando Look Alike" group???
I forgot about that!!

I coulda beena contendah, y'know. Especially, as Kurtz. the Horror.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

And just as the OP read it wrong, so have you.

Many republicans are friends of Dorothy too. So you can get right off your high horse.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Portland Oregon, Nice summers, Good winters. 1 hour from snow boarding, one hour from the coast. Hunting fishing yadda yadda. Spend a few days there, you'd prolly like it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join