It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A notice to those who oppose or have a problem with the Gay Rights Movement

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers
This thread has fallen into ruin. OP you must activate the self destruct sequence.

T-Minus 10....9...8... Time to bail the heck out. Not enough parachutes and escape pods for everyone. I am out PPPPPFFFSSSSHHHHHHHTTTTTttttttt......

Yeah It's pretty bad , I just got out of work to check in to see what I missed & People are talking about eating pork & punching people in the face

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jay.mo

""In a world without religion no one would give a hoot"" so your saying that you hould be able to do whatever you want without paying the consequences. not gonna fly you should know that everything he does is for a reason. we true christians who actually understand why god does what he does while he guides us keeps us out of trouble and free from diseases and plagues. but only those who truly know god get to survive from those evils of the world. we true christians are here to help people believe in god and live for eternity!!!"

Thanks for emphasisng my point about not thinking.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I don't "object" to homosexual behavior per se, but I also don't approve of it being promoted as just as normal as being "black and ... white or asian or latino". It is not.

First off, let me state that I am not a member of any organized religion. I do not have a rebel flag in my pickup truck (or even a pickup truck for that matter) and I do have several queer friends and relatives that I cherish deeply. That being said, one cannot deny the fact that being gay is an aberration of the natural order. The reason being is that the raison d'être of every living thing - from the lowest nematode to the largest whale follows 3 inviolable drives: 1. to acquire energy 2. to convert energy 3. to reproduce. That's it - the essence of living. Show me a species that doesn't adhere to one of these 3 directives and I'll show you a species with a very limited shelf-life. That's a simple biological fact. In summation, the first two motives are merely enablers for the final and ultimate motivator; to make more of its own kind.

Now you can layer over whatever kind of enlightened thinking you want over that, but the truth is that if a species does not reproduce then it does not survive. Therefore the urge to reproduce must be a core component to a 'normal' representative of any species. To NOT reproduce is against the order of nature. Being gay goes against that order.

However, that does not mean to say that gays should be oppressed or vilified any more than we should abuse the blind or the lame (also non-functional aberrations of our species). A rabbit born blind is doomed to its fate - a human born blind may be shown compassion and survive despite the dictates of a harsh nature because of our collective human compassion. So it should be with gays. Conversely, in our enlightened minds, it does not mean that we should mistakenly celebrate being gay any more than we would tell our children "Gee, it sure is GREAT to be blind!". That is not the truth and we all know it: no one wants to be blind because it is not normal and it is not positive for the species. That goes for being queer as well.

We need to find a middle ground here: we must accept gays and allow them the full function and support that we can provide from our privileged positions as thinking beings. At the same time, we cannot deny our position as animals - living representatives of a chain of natural reproduction - and pretend that gays are just as "normal" as everybody else.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Robin Godfellow I will attempt to explain why I have no problem with homosexuality and why I do have a problem with people having sex with animals.

It is a matter of consent. I object to people forcing themselves upon an innocent who cannot protect itself against such an invasion.

Anything between consenting adults is ok with me - and no, I don't desire to witness it. Voyeurism has never been my thing and nor has occupying my mind with thoughts of what other people may or may not be up to sexually.

Passenger Are heterosexuals who choose not to reproduce abnormal?

[edit on 13-7-2009 by berenike]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Hopefully ATS will take it upon themselves and ban this subject much like the illegal drugs issue, both the pro and con threads. At least move it to somewhere where this crap doesn't end up on the front page every other week because some dude is angry about a previous thread which in turn creates a pro thread which in turn creates a con thread. I miss the days when home page was actually news and interesting information and not just whining with all of the people who agreed with the OPs whining flagging it.

Please see my new thread titled, "Why homosexuality discussion has no place on ATS."...jk

[edit on 13-7-2009 by Staringintoinfinity]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Staringintoinfinity

Yes, exactly - because the only way that one can "deny ignorance" is through censorship and shutting down uncomfortable communications. Making people suppress their thoughts and feelings and blocking the free exchange of ideas is surely the way to arrive at the truth, right?

Painful ideas and expressions should be shuttered away because, God knows, the truth might actually be painful and we certainly don't want any discomfort in denying ignorance do we?

I agree with you in only supporting posts on ATS that are happy, friendly and conflict free!
Let the non-irritating, soothing, palliative debates begin...

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Sigh...the point is these conversations don't belong on the home page, there's 3 up there right now all dealing with this subject. There's no debate just flaming from one side or the other. They go on until someone feels they need to start a new thread and the whole thing continues on the new thread. I'm all for reasonable debate when there's one to be had....

[edit on 13-7-2009 by Staringintoinfinity]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I know that people are physically born homosexual as its been proven many times but still. I for one do not like to see it. Secondly, I don't want my future children growing up in a world where they think being homosexual is a viable option. If they later choose it in life, against all challenges, that's fine.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Staringintoinfinity
Sigh... I'm all for reasonable debate when there's one to be had....

HA! If you could show me one, I'd be glad to participate. Especially when you are talking about the verboten three...

I do agree with your general sentiment but I cannot agree with your call for suppressing any thought. ATS needs to remain a bastion for allowing free speech. As long as said speech is not espousing dangerous or illegal activities, I say it should be allowed.

As always, if you don't like a post - don't participate! Now, enough of the digression and back to the OP's subject matter.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

I have no beef with you either I think you and I are debating rather fairly, you have yours and I have mine we can agree to disagree.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jay.mo

Gods are gods, we will never know whos god is right untill we meet are maker. My point is who cares if to homos want to sword fight in there own bedrooms? I for one do not wish to watch nor do I care what they do in there own room. Your version of the bible says something to the effect when all deceny is gone and all morals are lost I shall return. (im paraphrasing here) So if this is true lets usher it in bring on the gay marriage... And doesnt your version say that after the "true" christians are gone we all still get one last chance at salvation? So hey thats good news for all of us HEATHENS.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Goodfellow

Your sexual preference is your business and we have no reason to judge you or interfere? Very good. But understand that you in turn have no right to judge or criticize those who are into 'golden showers' or sex with farm animals.

Is this a thread about 'golden showers' or sex with farm animals? I cannot help what your mind gives attention to...weird as it is....but try to keep on the subject.

You have the right to be gay Others have the right to enjoy urine spray And I have the right to be disgusted by it all.

Oops there it flows again. What has urine spray to do with homosexual's rights to equality and fairness in legal, financial and ethical matters bearing in mind they are taxed equally...in fact taxed more heavily in order for heterosexuals to have tax breaks for marriage status and to have children. Where's the massive tax rebates if homosexual's have no place in a society?

Get over yourselves. Few people have ever objected to people of the same sex sharing their lives and/or their beds.

So it's just the foaming at the mouth heterosexuals on these threads who object then? Phew.

Even this post. Do you think anyone comes to a site called "Above Top Secret" to read about the problems of homosexuals? But you just had to stick it in here, didn't you. Afraid a whole class of people might not be paying attention to you? Might even be indifferent? OK princess, you're sooooo special. Happy now?

Well you obviously did. You just had to do it didn't you. You just had to press that button to choose to read a thread about a subject that disgusts you rather than all the more interesting subjects. I can't really help you there. If you have no self control...well.....

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
My point is who cares if to homos want to sword fight in there own bedrooms? I for one do not wish to watch nor do I care what they do in there own room...So if this is true lets usher it in bring on the gay marriage

It doesn't just have to do with the religious angle. Marriage is a socially acceptable, legally recognized entity. It benefits society and our culture and provides security for the future of the species. In our society, marriage is between a man and a woman. This concept has been tried and tested for millennia. Trying to change the parameters midstream is unreasonable.

If someone tried to sell you a wooden box with wheels taped to the side and a fan on the back, would you accept that as a "car"? Would you argue that you have the right to try to drive it down the street?

You cannot re-define what already is. A rose is a rose and a marriage is a man and a woman.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

I've had some experiences with that in Vancouver's West End. To those of you who don't live in the area, its like a slice of San Francisco, but not as sunny. Best line any of my close friends have used: "Sorry, but I'm looking for someone a bit more... biologically female."

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by passenger

I share that same sentiment.

The marriage is between a man and woman. The other stuff is in my gray area. What's wrong with them using the term Civil Union? Civil of course meaning the people and Union meaning equal... (Kinda?)

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Everything that occurs in nature is by definition natural. You can say from your worldview that certain things that occur in nature are deficient in some way. But your thinking that does not make it a fact. Who are you to say what God or All That Is or a creator had in mind when these so called 'deficencies' were created? Ok, you do not believe in a creator? You do not believe in some spiritual reason for existing in this world above and beyond the animalistic nature? So are we to take everything down to it's base level and just accept that we are animals who have by accident developed brains and consciousness which enable us to think, create, emote and develop? Or is making more and more of the species the only point to existence? So in a sense any creative thinkers should be expelled as they are only complicating matters as the only things of worth are eating, sleeping and procreating. Ever stopped to wonder what the point of that is or are you happy to just stay in a little bubble of simplistic and animalistic existence?
How compassionate to 'help' the blind to survive...they are probably much more advanced and on a loftier path than most in this life.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

A rose is a rose and a marriage is a man and a woman.

a marriage is a legally binding contract between two consenting individuals of legal age - that's recognized by the state

seems like almost anyone could qualify for that

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
... Some of the bashers here are so small minded and primitve I'm am in awe at the meer fact that they can use a computer.

.... I hope ATS never advertises for Geico, ... ya know, " so easy a caveman can do it" ....

... some of you would fly into a homicidal rage.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I do not oppose homosexuals. But I oppose the Hate Crime Bill because it not only makes them a special class of citizens, in a nation wherer all are to afforded the same protections, but also because it will legalize pedophiles. In fact it is not a far stretch to say that even rapists will argue that is their sexual ism.

If we are all equal under the law the just be who you are. But I rarely see hetrosexuals marching, or protesting, they just are. So just be without asking to be made special. And do engage in sex with children or rape women and I am very ok.

Because you are right Jesus said not to judge, that is not my job. But protecting the innocent, that is another story.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by spiritwomyn

sorry I meant DO NOT abuse women or children.
my bad.

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join