It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A notice to those who oppose or have a problem with the Gay Rights Movement

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

There are 'dirty old men' of every persuasion.

For KingAtlas, heed his words! Just think of Donald Trump! Mel Gibson! Arte Johnson's character, from the old 'Laugh In'....(OK, showing my age too
)

Heed JaxonRoberts well, son. He's my age, so I know.....

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by aravoth
No one cares if your gay, no one.

The declaration of independence lists inherent right granted all humans by virute of thier birth. If you are human, then those rights apply. You don't need equal rights, becuase you already have them. People just think it's stupid that some in the Gay community throw thier sexuality in other peoples faces. I don't see herto pride parades, ever.

If anyone is damaging the rights of a "gay person", it's the gay rights movement.

You don't need any hetero pride parades. No one is oppressing your heterosexuality. It is already everywhere, all over everything, everywhere you look.

If you do not have the right to a civil partnership, then you do not have equal rights.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas
seriously what kinda dude walks around shaking his butt and talking in a high voice OMG.....

I believe this would be a man who was born with what our society describes as a more "feminine" personality. I would never criticize a woman for desiring to express the way in which she was born or a man who wanted to do the same.

Just because a person is capable of growing facial hair and has a larger muscle structure does not mean in their mind they are more interested in things that society would deem as being more "masculine".

It is a very hard wall to break down.

I think that gays and lesbians must have a huge amount of willpower to rebel against what they are taught from birth is not the right way to be.

That has got to take an insane amount of guts to be out with.

I respect that. Deeply.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by texastig

After reading your post I realized another reason some people are against gay marriage.

If sex outside of marriage is a sin, and there is no gay marriage, then all homosexuals (except for virgins) are sinners by default.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

You hit the nail on the head! We are the only social minority that is born and raised by the opposition. We have to find our own way. I was raised Roman Catholic with nine years of Catholic School, and a very traditional 'Ozzie and Harriet' style home. I was 34 years old before I came out. I was even married and had a kid, trying to 'fit in'.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaisyAnne

You don't need any hetero pride parades. No one is oppressing your heterosexuality. It is already everywhere, all over everything, everywhere you look.

If you do not have the right to a civil partnership, then you do not have equal rights.

No one is oppressing your homosexuality either, I don't know anyone that gives a crap about who you're having sex with.

[edit on 11-7-2009 by aravoth]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Jaxon… S&F for posting a strong personal thread!

I have no problem with gay rights… they have the right to live a normal life just like everyone else and a government mandated sexual orientation should not delegate that right!

The Christian Right needs to remember when they are throwing stones that ALL fall short of the glory and they (Christian Right) are not excluded!

Gay people did not choose their sexual orientation. Why would someone want to be chastised their whole life if it was a choice?

More power to you brother… I support your plight for a normal and peaceful life!

rgs

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I look at it this way... you are free to have your opinion, I am free to have mine.

I just happen to be repulsed and sickened by two males being together... I can't help that any more than you can help being gay.

But, I am wrong for feeling that way? Then by the same token you are wrong for "feeling" that way.

In a perfect world, it would be a non-issue... last I checked we are far from perfect, and we will probably never be.

But... I don't need to be told I am wrong for my beliefs, just as you don't want to be told you are wrong for yours.

So, we can just agree to disagree. And yes, I have a couple of gay friends that I grew up with and it still sours my stomach to watch them kiss another man.

Do I think you will "burn in the fiery pits of hades" for you activities? .... nah, but I will never understand it either.

I will say that if people worried less about what their neighbor was doing and more about their own lives, the world would be a MUCH better place.

Take from my post what you will...

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

No one is oppressing your homosexuality either, I don't know anyone that gives a crap about who you're having sex with.

[edit on 11-7-2009 by aravoth]

If no one cared, it wouldn't be legislated against. Enough people cared in California to outlaw it. Enough people came onto this thread and others in order to express their disdain for homosexuality. Your claim of nonchalance is false. Straight people do get awfully riled about this.

By the way, to correct your assumption: I'm neither gay, nor straight.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

That's a joke, right? Apparently this is your first 'gay' issues thread. ATS and the world is full of them!

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic
I look at it this way... you are free to have your opinion, I am free to have mine.

I just happen to be repulsed and sickened by two males being together... I can't help that any more than you can help being gay.

But, I am wrong for feeling that way? Then by the same token you are wrong for "feeling" that way.

No, I don't think you are wrong for feeling that way. Everyone should feel as they choose. But when your personal feelings are translated into legislation that impedes the rights of others, then you are indeed wrong, in a free country.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

That's a joke, right? Apparently this is your first 'gay' issues thread. ATS and the world is full of them!

What an injustice, people have opinions. And we can't have that can we? Lets label them all homophobes and claim that we don't have equal rights, then we'll get a spot on the list for affirmative action, and we will be treated like a victimized minority. Great plan, genious actually!

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DaisyAnne

I agree with you.... but do you think the majority of us actually have a say in legislation in this day and age? If we did, we would not be in the mess we are in now....

This thread addresses common people who frequent these boards that are as powerless as the next.. so you have to keep it in that context.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

What an injustice, people have opinions. And we can't have that can we? Lets label them all homophobes and claim that we don't have equal rights, then we'll get a spot on the list for affirmative action, and we will be treated like a victimized minority. Great plan, genious actually!

You haven't addressed anything with this response.
If your sex life (involving two consenting adults) is legislated against, then you do not have equal rights.
What about that is so difficult for you to grasp?

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic
reply to post by DaisyAnne

I agree with you.... but do you think the majority of us actually have a say in legislation in this day and age? If we did, we would not be in the mess we are in now....

This thread addresses common people who frequent these boards that are as powerless as the next.. so you have to keep it in that context.

I understand that, and I do agree with you.

But what happened in California meant that many happily married couples were suddenly not married anymore, because straight voters felt it was their business to strip them of this right.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

If your sex life (involving two consenting adults) is legislated against, then you do not have equal rights.

Find me legislation that makes it illegal for 2 consenting adults to have sex. Post it here, please. Search for as long as you like, I am young and I am willing to wait a loooong time.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by aravoth

I DON'T have the same rights as a straight man or woman. I could give a flying frak less whether or not you like or dislike my lifestyle, but I do care if I have the right to openly defend my country (instead I had to hide who and what I was for 8 years), I do care if I have the right to marry the person I love, I do care if I have the right to be the next of kin for the one I love.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Maybe you are Bi Sexual? I know I could never smooch with a man and raise a child with one. How did you have sex with your wife and run your fingers over her skin if you did not have attraction for her? Or did your preference change over time? .

Personally I do not see it as a Choice. It is automatic. My body tells me what it finds pleasing. I do not see how other people do not get that. If they would simply look at themselves and think of their wife or girlfriend or husband or boyfriend. What makes them have a physical attraction? It is not a "choice" it is our bodies way of telling us what it wants.

I hope this does not sound racist but I am not attracted to MOST Asian women I meet. I am also not attracted to MOST Black women I meet. I AM attracted to the majority of Hispanic women I meet.

That is not something I jotted down on paper and decided. It has ALWAYS been that way. The shape of the eyes the nose the lips. I think these kinds of things are part of my genetics. Much like men and womens faces are vastly different in shape and appearance.

My bodies way of telling me where it finds pleasure is just to simply LOOK at different people. It is so very freaking COOL!

I have read about studies that show that people can recognize in a face if they find that person attractive or not in UNDER a second. Like HALF a second of looking at a picture of a person and you can tell if you are attracted to them or not physically. That is amazing.

Just sit back and let your body tell you what it finds appealing. Heck even the difference between a higher voice or a lower voice can trigger arousal in me! The difference between cologne and perfume. The feel of soft smooth skin of hairy rough skin. Different types of clothing turn me on! I find leather to be a turn off even if it is a tight tiny mini skirt on a gorgeous supermodel. I just cannot stand leather. But satin or silk to me is very appealing. The reason I do not like leather is not because of being against animal skin or something like that. I really cannot figure it out. I also totally HATE leopard skin print. For no reason other than it is automatic.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Find me legislation that makes it illegal for 2 consenting adults to have sex. Post it here, please. Search for as long as you like, I am young and I am willing to wait a loooong time.

They are denied the right to marriage, and they are denied this because they are in a homosexual relationship. It is considered a homosexual relationship because it involves two members of the same sex who engage in sexual relations. Hence, the right to marriage is denied them because they are copulating with a person of the same sex.

Therefore their right to marriage is legislated against based purely on their homosexual relations.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Being homosexual doesn't mean being gay. Being homosexual means you have a sexual preference for those of your own sex. Being gay means lattes, i-phones, gaydar add ons for your i-phones, gaydar in general, Mini Coopers, A+F, pride, fake tans, fake hair, fake everything, shallowness, shrillness, campness, bitchiness, the scene & all the rest of the gay crap.

Some of the sternest critics of the whole "gay thang" are homosexuals themselves. And quite right too. Gay rights & its vocal (and often publically funded) community workers need a royal boot where the sun don't shine. The kids call things "gay" for a reason, but mainly cos the whole gay lifestyle thing is just so naff. Being gay is an embarrassment.

That's no criticism of homosexuals ; I'm one myself.

And for every snowflake who agrees with you, there's half a hundred homosexuals who don't. That's why even today most homosexuals aren't open about their sexuality. It's people like you ... those of the Queer today, Queer tmorro ... who are doing more to set back equality than even the most conservative parts of the establishment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join