It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A notice to those who oppose or have a problem with the Gay Rights Movement

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beneia
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Wow... he also said Go and SIN no more. and he instructed His Apostles through the Holy Spirit to speak out against Homosexualality as sin. He commended marriage but never unions. In fact without Marriage man/woman only. One cannot even have sex.

So could you quit trying to prove the Bible says something it doesn't... your over your head when you do.

Show me where Homosexuality is mentioned in the bible and I'll show you a lie.

Homosexuality was INVENTED by man in the early 20th century. It didn't exist before then. The first use of this term was by a German rights campaigner circa 1920-1940.

Sure, you can conveniently "translate" whatever you like, but prove the meaning and it might hold some weight.

And they say Islamic extremists distort and cloud the meaning of the Koran, so does every Christian on Earth. Just as several religious powers have translated the Bible for their own ends a thousand times over.
What you are reading is not the work of Christ, it's the re-hashed work of a thousand despots and religious leaders all with people to control in different ways.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
The most humorous aspect.....(not really funny.......)...is how the bigotry goes both ways.

Do you think some gay people may just be trying to be offensive,because they have a right to now?,protected by laws?,no matter how obvious it may be they are being a bit beyond intentionally flambuoyant?.

The problem is bigotry,and refusal to even attempt to understand one another.

It comes from both sides.

This is just another thing placed in your face to divide you,and your country further.

Divided we fall.

We be fallin hey,just look at some of these posts in this thread.

Live and let live.

We all have to die anyway..........

Why make being alive such a chore?.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers
If Homosexuality is such a sin how come SOOO SOOOO SOOOOOOOOOOO many Christian and Catholic religions contain

CRAP TONS of FATTIES?!?!? (FAT PEOPLE)

Isn't overindulging with food considered a DEADLY SIN?

GLUTTONY?

WHY are FAT PEOPLE allowed to be married?

THEY ARE FREAKING SINNERS?

But the church will marry fat people.

Heck I see tons of Fat Preachers all the time.

100 Internets to whoever gives me the answer to this one.

-----------------------------SPOILER ALERT-----------------------------------

The correct answer is "Double Standard"

Edited because I got carried away trying to make my point and did not want the whole post deleted.

[edit on 11-7-2009 by TurkeyBurgers]

Um, a church doesn't have to condone or be party to your eating habits.
On top of that fat people could be fat for a variety of reasons; not just because they're gluttons.

[edit on 13/7/2009 by glock19]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Reading that quote, I can only imagine where the guy apparently sees priests 'all the time', much less 'fat priests'.

The priest of our old church in Wisconsin gave my mother a kidney. He wasn't too frail before, but now? He's lost a few.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I am all for Gay marriage, as long as I can marry two more women and My dog, if I am allowed to do that then gays should be able to marry as well.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

long as I can marry two more women and My dog...

Oh, you can marry as many women as you want. It's called 'bigamy'.

Divorce lawyers and the Justice System will love you!

AND, your dog isn't interested....she has better offers.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Being gay is genetic. So if you oppose gay people, you oppose people with black hair versus brown hair versus blonde hair. Seems really stupid to me. I'm not gay, but I don't consciously decide to be attracted to women. It's hard wired. So why on earth would you discriminate against someone who feels the same towards someone of the same sex?

People who think gays are inferior, should have less rights, etc. are idiots. They epitomize the stupidity of mankind.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Why is it that gays want me to accept their lifestyle? They(gays) don't apparently accept mine....So why is it that I have to gush about their right to be openly affectionate anywhere? I am not a people hater. I just think that I can be opposed to that lifestyle without the normal hatred gays spew back at the ones of us who don't agree with that lifestyle.

Can you accept that I think differently and am still willing to treat you with the respect due any human being. I DON"T HATE YOU. I do not approve of your lifestyle. It means we are different. Can you not accept this???

I don't appologize for my moral interpetations. I don't like being pushed into someone elses agenda-- by anyone for any reason.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by glock19
Um, a church doesn't have to condone or be party to your eating habits.

Um, a church doesn't have to condone or be a party to anything! It's called the First Amendment. Perhaps you've heard of it? Oh, and they won't have to "condone or be a party to" gay marriage or homosexuality either. Pesky Constitution! In other words, this is an argument based on total BS. States can only regulate civil marriage. Churches have always had and always will have the right to refuse to marry anyone for any reason. The same goes for who they have in their flock. Just in case you forgot it:

Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

U. S. Constitution

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by dakota1s2

You don't have to accept or approve of 'the lifestyle'! All that is being asked it that you accept and approve of equal rights for all citizens. No one is expecting you to have gay friends, patronize gay businesses, go to gay functions or celebrations, or anything else gay. This is another BS argument. All that is expected is that you agree that every citizen should have the same rights. It's easy. It's American! And it's just the right thing to do!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by itsallalie
...So explaining to your children about a gay couple is harder then you think. I choose a reglion but i dont choose me sexual preference. Now with that said that doesnt make me more of a human because i like girls. explaining to a child that the man and the man kiss because they are gay is fine with me. then i would tell them that god make them that way.

...But explaining it like its the great gift is stupid and ignorant. thats not a gift it not a course but its not a great thing to show off.

Not gay bashing, its just another way divine power has differed us. thats how i look at it. the are different from my and at the same time we are the same thats how explain it to my kids.

Of course, how you explain it to your kids is entirely your business, but I think you misinterpreted that section of the OP. The only 'great gift' in the example I gave is individuality.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by northof8

The gay community will stop at nothing to further their true agenda..

and what would that be - pray tell?

oh - edit to admit that I've never learned to read all the way through the thread before posting -

The agenda also is in part to make themselves look like the good guy while spreading death, disease and debauchery. They do this with their lofty words but their actions are very different.

Can you quote some of their lofty words? After reading some of what you've written here - I'm very curious - what does lofty mean to you?

Do you mean all that talk about equal rights? That is pretty lofty.

Indoctrination of the youth is what they want.

Indoctrination? Do people seriously still believe this sort of thing?

oh, yeah - I guess they do. You should try to get out more

I can't say this for certain - because I'm not psychic (I used to think I was psychic, but - turns out - I'm just a really good guesser)

but some day - maybe some day soon - it's all going to be very simple

people will be able to say: I am 5'7", have brown hair, brown eyes and I'm straight

or - I am 6' 2", have red hair, blue eyes and I'm gay

and nobody will get all worked up about it

I'll bet I've guessed right

[edit on 7/13/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
For the gays out there, its a simple concept that a vocal minority of them need to learn and understand:

We... don't... care...

For the most part, your average American doesn't care if you're gay, and at the same time doesn't want it shoved in their face either. You're not a gay plumber, gay policeman, gay office worker... you are a plumber, policeman, office worker.

The people making the biggest deal about being gay are the gays themselves many of the times. .. and gay pride, give me a break. As a friend of mine said in his office (which had a large gay population) to one of the more militant gays after getting flack for not wanting to march in the annual pride parade, "You know, you spend 364 days of the year lecturing everyone who will listen on how we're just like everyone else and should be accepted as this, then one day having your own personal freakshow mardi gras parade through town, demonstrating to all and shoving it in everyone's face that you are totally not like them, completely different, and frankly, a freak. I'm not like that, don't expect me to support it. I don't have a lifestyle, I have a sexual preference, get over it"

On a side note tho, I admit I am prejudiced. If I see a gay bar, I'll target that place. One thing I can say always for certain in most Chicago gay bars, they have some of the best food, top shelf, unwatered liquor, the cleanest bathrooms, they don't stink like a week old jock strap, and have great wait staff. The patrons are generally accepting at least, if not friendly. The conversations usually are better all around.

So what happens if/when you get hit on? One simple phrase that won't make you a pariah in the place: "Look, I'm very flattered, but I'm also very straight. I'm also very much enjoying the conversation, cool?" 95% of the time, this works and there's no harm no foul on either side and everyone's happy. The other 5%? Well, there's always the other 5%.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeasahtheseer
But yeah, I cannot STAND people who cherry pick and choose what morals and what beliefs in their religion to stand by, and what not to. And I especially can't stand these people if they are preaching to other people, like this Helios dude is doing.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

It is always true of those who choose to ignore the parts of the scriptures that makes them uncomfortable. They alwys point fingers, and quote things they can not grasp. Completely ignorant of the truth........

God makes LAW, man breaks it, Jesus offers a way out of the lake of fire to those who realise their mistakes and ask forgiveness.

"cherry picking" is always screamed by those who feel guilty for breaking a law of God.

Repent or die forever in the lake of fire.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CoffinFeeder

I really liked your post. If I could assign you more stars I would. I really really like your reference to a sexual preference as a "Lifestyle". That is so true how people enjoy labeling themselves. I hate that.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iblis
Reading that quote, I can only imagine where the guy apparently sees priests 'all the time', much less 'fat priests'.

The priest of our old church in Wisconsin gave my mother a kidney. He wasn't too frail before, but now? He's lost a few.

I served on the Honor Guard in the military to bury the dead with honors in the Southern United States for a good period of time during my enlistment. Yeah I saw the inside of more churches than Billy Graham.

It was a very interesting experience not only being the only non religious person at the time involved with the Honor Guard at my military base but because I was able to view a wide variety of religions and how they deal with death.

The Best funerals are the mostly black southern baptist funerals. People dancing and singing and playing the bongos on top of the casket is truly a sight to behold. Not a tear shed during something like that.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

It is always true of those who choose to ignore the parts of the scriptures that makes them uncomfortable. They alwys point fingers, and quote things they can not grasp. Completely ignorant of the truth........

God makes LAW, man breaks it, Jesus offers a way out of the lake of fire to those who realise their mistakes and ask forgiveness.

"cherry picking" is always screamed by those who feel guilty for breaking a law of God.

......... says the person who chooses to ignore major portion of Leviticus and Exodus. I noticed you didn't respond to my somewhat lengthy quoting of the Holy Bible. Yes, I made fun of some of the passage of Scripture, particularly those that are couched around the portion of Leviticus that you.......... apparently want to *cough* cherry-pick.

Unless I've misjudged you, Helio, and you do approve of slavery, public stonings for taking the Lord's name in vain, trimming one's hair and beard, and adultery.

I didn't write the words in the Bible, nor did I interpret them.

peace

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

Hey!! helios!!! Over here!

Come on, don't be shy....we won't bite --- much.

You praise that jesus guy, correct? Well, that's good and all, but it would be nice if you'd get it right, and stop mixing up the 'word' from the one you praise with the nasty old way of thinking that he attempted to change....

History lessons can be so boring, when they're dry and dull, so here's one that uses some humour to explain just ONE of the things that were so WRONG with the old ways, and he was bringing a "New! Improved!!!" way........

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime
Repent or die forever in the lake of fire.

Uh huh. Check it out:

Don't go past the 2 minute mark, the language gets bad.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
It shouldn't need to be said, however I think you've done a well thought out and balanced bit of writing.

I took pause briefly at the LAMBDA reference at the bottom of your link...... my olde brain cells briefly read that as NAMBLA -- NOT the same thing at all, and not even in the same ballpark. THAT's not going to get better with age, is it (brain cells)?

Good post; it hope it is read and taken to heart.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join