It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A notice to those who oppose or have a problem with the Gay Rights Movement

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

LOL. I was aiming at a general nature, not straight at you.
Sorry about that.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by bonesinis
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

LOL. I was aiming at a general nature, not straight at you.
Sorry about that.

haha yeah I know what you mean now. I agree with your message more than most of the stuff other religious people have posted in here, because it isnt a message of hate.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by toochaos4u
reply to post by bonesinis

I'm practically raising my nephew. Yes, he asked, "Why are you kissing him?" My response was, "Because I love him." My nephew had nothing else to ask and hasn't asked about it since that day. If he asks more about it later I'll tell him. If you have trouble explaining the world to your children I suggest a parenting class.

It's amazing that children instinctively know right from wrong.

Explaining and justifying are two different things.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I think we need to stop calling it Gay Rights. I find that term to be self defeating. The same goes for Womens Rights or Black Rights. I've read the bill of rights and found no mention of gays, blacks or women. The inference being that they apply to everyone.

When people say Gay Rights they are inadvertently drawing a dividing line between them and everyone else, which just fuels the hate.

Which brings me to another point. I really hate the idea of B.E.T, Black Entertainment Television. That draws an even bigger line. Imagine if they started a TV channel called W.E.T, White Entertainment Television. People would loose their minds.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
sometimes i think the mainstream popularity of pro "gay" rights is because it will help keep the population in check....meaning keep population from growing that fast ....if 1 in 10 people form a civil union and don't pro-create

mind you there is a big difference understanding in no way was the above perspective associated with the orgins of gay rights....but i think it would be backed by Big $$ people who see the potential of this.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

How so? And who determines what's right and what's wrong? It might be more apt that his question is because society would like to bury homosexuality, thus prompting the question. And you say they have the same rights? Riiiiight.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
never mind. i just went completely off topic. Please delete this if possible.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I would like to add some Fundamentalism Discussion on this thread regarding Gay Rights.

I am very thankful that certain interpretations of the bible are NOT the "Final Say" where at least ten people in this thread have come in and said "Say's it in the Bible, nothing else to discuss."

I am VERY thankful we have a Government that recognizes that as NOT being the "Final Say".

I look at how damaging certain Fundamentalist religious teachings are like Laws against sodomy being comparable to laws against women being "Unclean".

Fundamentalist religion is ANTI FREEDOM! Repressing peoples rights is being ANTI FREEDOM.

Attempting to use religion as a way to prevent Human Rights is WRONG.

The line is crossed when people attempt to hold "Christian Sharia Law" as being higher than the laws of the United States.

You do NOT get to claim religious freedom when this happens.

You get an introduced to our Court System and possibly our Penal system.

Realize that your interpretation of God's Law does NOT exceed our Laws in this country.

U.S. Law first...your interpretation of Religion SECOND.

You might hold God first and foremost but once you start to try and claim you know God's will and it conflicts with our laws you lose your right to interpretation.

Human Rights (Gay Rights) FIRST...your interpretation of religion SECOND.

If you are not comfortable with that well you know where the border is. You are free to leave America any time that you choose.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

lol

My thoughts exactly. Hate it when that happens. But even worse when you tell them your not interested they don't stop, then you tell him your not gay and he tries to convince you that you are. That's only happened to me once. Ironically that is where I draw the line. I don't treat women like that so he sure as heck better not treat me like that.

An easy way to get rid of them though is like this, works if your straight or gay don't matter but they leave. You make sure you have 2 buddies around and make sure they know whats going on. Then when he tries again you apologize and tell him you don't have enough energy because between you and the 2 other guys it's all you can handle. They freak out, apologize to you and your buddies for trying to pick you up and leave you alone lol.

And for the ladies well it works for you too. Did it with a female friend that kept getting hit on so we told him, that me and the other guy were with her and she didn't have time for another thought she would smack us but she was smiling ear to ear and thanked us for getting rid of him.

It's a good technique.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

How so? And who determines what's right and what's wrong?

Well said! You beat me to it, by a hair.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
"How so? And who determines what's right and what's wrong?"

Exactly, who makes the rules, arnt we just the players?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

On further reflection, as I ponder that sentence, I see just how incorrect it is.

Children do NOT instinctively know what you are, in that sentence, actually referring to as 'morals'....because that sort of artificial construct is entirely societal.

There are multiple examples, once you open your mind, and realize that.

I believe most participants on ATS boards can figure that out for themselves.....

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I have no problem with gays. However the OP has a link that goes to famous gay people in history. In that link, we have J. Edgar Hoover, a famous cross-dresser. However cross dressing does not automatically make one gay. I would love to find out who J. Edgar's gay lover was as that would go along way to proving that he was indeed gay.

Does anyone know??

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
i see it this way. If i have the right to get halved then so should every one else. really that is all it comes down to for me.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

Law is law. No question.
Break the law you get fined or go to jail.
No question.
The law is made for those who break it, not for those who naturally abide it in.
Knowing God's will....that is every person's right. Why believe in God if you cannot find his will?
My view of God's will does not make be a bigot, racist or dumb. I seek God's will everyday and I am at peace when it is found.
My view of God's will does not place me in the middle of anyone else's rights.
Now if the law said that praying was against the law I would naturally go against it. It would be a law made by man that is direct contradiction to what God calls for.
If the law said to kill those who have different view than Christians than I would naturally go against it. It would be a law made by man that is in direct contradiction to what God calls for.

99% of the time the law is clear and fair.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I don't have a problem with openly gay people, its the ones who are gay and nobody knows/assumes that worries me.

I do however have problem with the arguments gay people make to fight for their acceptance simply because person who wants to have sex with a donkey, or sleep with son/daughter/niece/nephew could all make the same argument.

Born that way, surely anybody who wants to have sex with anything other than another human being certainly didn't get out of bed one day and decide this. Pretty sure its the same part of all peoples brain that chooses your sexual preference. How could one sexual preference be considered some sort of illness and another not?

But my favorite argument is that of what happens in nature with other animals is used as a comparison to support gay rights movement. "Some animals are gay, so if it happens naturally in nature we must accept it." This is true, a undeniable percent of the animal population is gay. But its also common for animals to engage in incest and not completely rare for one animal to cross breed with another species of animals.

I would bet most of the gay individuals who uses those arguments to reason with acceptance of his/her lifestyle would be just as grossed out/disgusted with a person who has sex with animals or adult family members in love with each other!

So isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

My point is gay marriage will be the stepping stone for a brother to marry his sister and that old man from Ohio to marry his dairy cow.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
People will act the way they want.

You don't want people to look down on you for being who you are, but you are oppose to people for being who they are.

Some people don't like gays, thats life.

Lets say someone is a mass murderer, is it wrong for people to oppose "who he is"? There does have to be an understanding of right and wrong. It's like the victims (gays in this example) saying "Don't shoot us, we just want to live as we want", then the shooter says "Well I'm just trying to live as I want and I just happen to want to shoot you. Please don't infringe on my rights and please don't try to change me".

So the argument doesn't really fly. The murderer needs to back off and change "who he is", not the victim.

Another thing I don't understand. Why can't people openly hate blacks and jews, or women? For those that do hate gay to whatever extent, how come you don't seem to "allow" others to hate those other groups? Even in society, we can't say we hate women, blacks, jews, without being attacked horribly and you basically get cast out of society. If you're famous and say anything like that, you've screwed yourself. I don't think these people that dislike gay would really "allow" people to hate them if they were black or a woman. I don't think they'd let it fly if 20% of the population hated them, so it just seems hypocritical.

We really are pretty primitive though, we really haven't progressed past slavery era thought. Even in the 60's I think it was, 2 guys were caught having sex in Texas in their own house after cops came in and had to fight a court battle. This is the stupidity we're facing today from some people and society. Same stupidity as slavery, making illegal interracial marriage and on it goes.

What a great distraction though. While our country is falling apart we have people on the anti-marriage side putting so much emphasis and importance on this. The 2000 and 2004 elections were basically won because of Bush's anti-gay stance.

And later, VP Dick Cheney goes on to openly support gay marriage since his daughter is gay!!!! They don't CARE about gay rights because they are smart. They only used it as a tool to win votes. The rich and famous have much bigger things to worry about, which people don't seem to get.

Which brings up the fact that people that are opposed to gay marriage just don't have anyone they love that is gay. If you had a brother, sister, daughter, son ect. that was gay that you loved and wanted to be happy, you'd want them to be able to marry if they wanted to, since that's how love works. Or heaven forbid God made you gay when he was writting out your life before your birth, then you'd really be hoping for equality. Or if you were born black during the days of slavery. Any racist would be fixed if they were born into that race.

Basically, people wouldn't debate this with a loved one that was gay so really it seems like its a love problem. People that can only love their own immediate family/friends, and don't work on loving all people is the problem. That is what Christianity is, loving others even those who you don't know.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

First off, just let me say that I love my dad to death, BUT the only thing that disappoints me about him is his behavior toward homosexuals. He's a wonderful man and would give anybody and everybody, including homosexuals, the shirt off his back if needed, but he is unfortunately very vocal about recognizing Gay Rights. He doesn't want his tax dollars going towards "that lifestyle". He believes same sex unions will somehow contaminate the sacred sanctity of marriage. Funny thing is he's divorced and remarried.

My dad is 79 years old and I don't expect him to change his views anytime soon. But the silver lining here is that I'm being shown what I don't want my children to grow up to be.....
I overheard my 7 year old telling my 5 year old that "gay" means "gross". I asked him who told him that and he said a friend. So I took him aside and explained to him (without the intimate details) that people love who they love, and it's really nobody elses business. He's no better than anybody else. I don't think it's ever too soon to teach tolerance. But as with my dad, it sometimes too late.

Someday, though.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by Abbby]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I see some of you making all kinds of arguments for hating gay people and all you try to justify it by coming up with all kind of excuses for why its wrong. Well I just want to say one final thing, HATING ANYONE because they are DIFFERENT is completely wrong and backwards, some of you need a good hit in the mouth. And I'm not some macho man guy who goes around threatening people, but some of you seriously need a good thorough ass-kicking, maybe it would knock a little bit of sense into you.

Stop trying to justify hating people because they are different and just accept that you are ass backwards hick bigot. Or change your ways.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

JaxonRoberts

sence when is the ATS forum a channel for you to push your gay agenda? Where is the conspiracy in that? I do not come to ATS to push my non gay sexual agenda. Go to current or digg or something like that to prove your point.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join